Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Bon Jovi B-Sides (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=69149)

Demonbred 07-28-2015 01:31 PM

Bon Jovi B-Sides

I cant believe how many good or great B-Sides Bon Jovi have and I cant believe how much they stuffed up Have A Nice Day album and single wise. Dirty Little Secret and Nothing shouldve been on the album and the first 2 singles. Its mind blowing how many times theyve done this i'm starting to believe there is a mole in the bon jovi ranks sabotaging them and if We Dont Run doesn't get promoted it will be another missed oppurtunity.

Thierry 07-28-2015 03:13 PM

Well for me all the demos of the Bounce album are way better than most of the songs on the album itself. Especially Another Reason To Believe rocks, We Can Dance is a fantastic song too.

Becky 07-28-2015 03:33 PM

As someone who actually listened to country radio during that time frame, I still believe wholeheartedly that Walk Like a Man should have been the lead single from Lost Highway. It would have appealed to both male and female country fans. And that's just ONE of the many B-sides that didn't make the album that left me scratching my head, wondering what were they thinking. Save a Prayer. Bitter Wine. Wedding Day. Breathe. Stay.

Savvi 07-28-2015 03:59 PM

Stay would've been massive IMO. Especially as a follow up after It's My Life. Having said that I do like TYFLM.

Their mistakes go as far as the 80s...

Edge of a Broken Heart
Borderline
Love Is War
Backdoor to Heaven
Radio Saved My Life Tonight
Outlaws of Love
Save a Prayer
Wedding Day
Stay
Another Reason to Believe
Nothing
Dirty Little Secret
Walk Like a Man
Lonely
Saturday Night Gave Me Sunday Morning

I always forget what the deal with Good Guys Don't Always Wear White is. If it was indeed an outtake from KTF or a complete brand new song for the sound track.

Alphavictim 07-28-2015 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demonbred (Post 1190448)
Dirty Little Secret and Nothing shouldve been on the album and the first 2 singles.

DLS is a great song, but it's not a single at all. HAND and WSYCGH were some of the biggest hits the band has had in recent years, so I say they made the right choices with the singles.

Demonbred 07-28-2015 09:19 PM

Their mistakes go as far as the 80s... [/QUOTE]

This is so damn true it has happened since the 80s and through out their career starting with Edge Of A Broken Heart and Borderline.

Demonbred 07-28-2015 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Savvi (Post 1190463)
Stay would've been massive IMO. Especially as a follow up after It's My Life.

Stay would have been big too as a follow up to It's My Life it's so frustrating especially when so much sucked on Crush its mind blowing a song this good didnt make that crap album.

Demonbred 07-28-2015 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alphavictim (Post 1190464)
DLS is a great song, but it's not a single at all. HAND and WSYCGH were some of the biggest hits the band has had in recent years, so I say they made the right choices with the singles.

HAND was a hit but not a big one there were a number of stronger tracks on the album. I wouldve bought it out maybe 4th or 5th single. WSYCGH may have been big in America but nowhere else I dont think

I would've gone:

DLS
Nothing
I Am
HAND
Story Of My Life/WSYCGH/WTWYA and maybe LMS even

bjmjpl 07-28-2015 11:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Becky (Post 1190460)
As someone who actually listened to country radio during that time frame, I still believe wholeheartedly that Walk Like a Man should have been the lead single from Lost Highway. It would have appealed to both male and female country fans. And that's just ONE of the many B-sides that didn't make the album that left me scratching my head, wondering what were they thinking. Save a Prayer. Bitter Wine. Wedding Day. Breathe. Stay.

i think i agree with literally every one of these sentiments!

Alphavictim 07-29-2015 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demonbred (Post 1190477)
HAND was a hit but not a big one there were a number of stronger tracks on the album. I wouldve bought it out maybe 4th or 5th single.

Yeah, right.