Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Jon - Runaway Tours 2015 (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=68956)

Old Joysey 03-11-2015 01:36 AM

Jon - Runaway Tours 2015

Start saving or rob a bank!

Quote:

Runaway Tours ‏@runawaytours

Details will come as soon as possible. It will be JBJ!! This is going to be the most beautiful location to date
Quote:

Runaway Tours ‏@runawaytours

We know u want more info. We are working out some details but what we can tell you is that is will be in the Caribbean in May. Very excited!

Kathleen 03-11-2015 01:48 AM

Yeah - robbing a bank is needed. There was a time (not so long ago) that Jon played for the fanclub locally - for a reasonable ticket price. The 2009 Starland Ballroom concert in Sayerville comes to mind.

Recently he played for the fanclub at BB Kings in New York City and even as a fanclub member I couldn't buy a ticket. I had to do the whole "Runaway Tour" package in order to go. And I live about 15 miles away - I am done with the fanclub.

Becky 03-11-2015 02:10 AM

At one point, I had been a member of that fan club for the majority of my life, but I let it go years ago. I don't see how common people can afford these trips. I mean, the events are outrageous and then you have to pay the airfare to GET there which is utterly ridiculous too.

Walleris 03-11-2015 02:53 AM

Please...

The reason why those trips are the way they are (and cost that amount) is because there are enough people that buy them. If there wasn't, they would've stopped, or made them much cheaper. That's capitalism.

Plus, going there for music is just silly. Why waste money on 1 hour acoustic sets where Jon doesn't even try to go to higher register and then pauses every couple of songs to answer the same repetitive questions? I think people that go there treat it as a vacation - they have a nice time and spend an evening chilling with their favorite singer.

Even if they were cheaper, I just don't see the appeal for die-hards like us. We're not the target audience. So I don't get the complaining.

Kathleen 03-11-2015 03:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Walleris (Post 1186042)
So I don't get the complaining.

My complaining is due to the fact that I live very close to where the concert was held. I simply wanted to buy a ticket and go - but that wasn't allowed. I had to purchase the entire package.

I hear what you are saying about music quality but since the show was so close to me I would have bought a ticket anyway - even knowing the quiet acoustic content.

Southern Cowboy 03-11-2015 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kathleen (Post 1186039)
Yeah - robbing a bank is needed. There was a time (not so long ago) that Jon played for the fanclub locally - for a reasonable ticket price. The 2009 Starland Ballroom concert in Sayerville comes to mind.

Recently he played for the fanclub at BB Kings in New York City and even as a fanclub member I couldn't buy a ticket. I had to do the whole "Runaway Tour" package in order to go. And I live about 15 miles away - I am done with the fanclub.

I am with you also; my days with the FC is done. Isn't it about time Jon gave something back to the fans for their years of loyality that have stuck with them thru the ups and downs..

Alphavictim 03-11-2015 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Walleris (Post 1186042)
That's capitalism.

True enough. It's just capitalism, and it has nothing to do with gratefulness for the fanbase or music. The BJ crew has been milking fans like crazy ever since I've known the band, and while it's not exactly illegitimate, it definitely doesn't make the band come across as likeable. It's a ****ing corporation, on all levels, and the difference between BJ and "normal" bands are like between an actual chef making food versus McDonald's. You get what you pay for, and you only get stuff if you pay for it. I like a ton of the band's music, but their merch prices (AND design) has been awful for years. Because they can get away with it, yes. But that also means that the band doesn't give a shit about any of these things other than to make money. Our fanbase walks around in awfully designed, cheaply sewn shirts? Who cares, it makes money! Also, support Soul Foundation so the sweatshop prices in India won't drive local workers out of the market. Or something.

Ever got the feeling you've been cheated?

rolo_tomachi 03-11-2015 07:33 PM

the current bon jovi............
.........worthless

bonjovi90 03-11-2015 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1186058)
the current bon jovi............
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tum3v7TU0rU
.........worthless

...Just like the current Richie...

Sambo-Chris 03-11-2015 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alphavictim (Post 1186057)
True enough. It's just capitalism, and it has nothing to do with gratefulness for the fanbase or music. The BJ crew has been milking fans like crazy ever since I've known the band, and while it's not exactly illegitimate, it definitely doesn't make the band come across as likeable. It's a ****ing corporation, on all levels, and the difference between BJ and "normal" bands are like between an actual chef making food versus McDonald's. You get what you pay for, and you only get stuff if you pay for it. I like a ton of the band's music, but their merch prices (AND design) has been awful for years. Because they can get away with it, yes. But that also means that the band doesn't give a shit about any of these things other than to make money. Our fanbase walks around in awfully designed, cheaply sewn shirts? Who cares, it makes money! Also, support Soul Foundation so the sweatshop prices in India won't drive local workers out of the market. Or something.

Ever got the feeling you've been cheated?

IF you even get what you pay for. In 2012 for bamboozle festival you did not. It was said that there will be transportation from red bank where the hotel was to asbury park where the festival was every hour. Actually it was only once a day and at a time where the festival already startet hours ago even though there were no fanclub activitys. So we missed bands that we wanted to see and spent time sitting around in the hotel room waiting for the bus. Quite a few People were pissed about this or payed for expensive taxi to get to the festival in time.