Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   never say goodbye (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=44056)

zero_zero_UFO 01-27-2008 12:07 AM

never say goodbye

i am listening to a demo of never say goodbye and it is richie singing....this is definately old news to you lot no doubt, but news to me.

(just some random thoughts....)
was just thinking maybe they should have had richie sing on the final cut...
maybe they could have done a goo goo dolls style arrangement where richie sings a couple of the songs on the albums. so IBTFY could have been his song on New jersey etc.

but then i guess this is 'Bon Jovi' and we could never have jon as a spare part...

aph01 01-27-2008 01:46 AM

Iv always thought the exact same thing, and always think of the goo goo dolls when thinking about it...the only diffrenece is that Richie can sing and their bass players voice (cant remember his name) is horrible.

Most people think Bon Jovi is a person, not a band, maybe doing something like this would help show people that it is a band, even though that may be hard for some of us to believe sometimes! I mean, has anybody noticed how Jon often refers to, for example a song being 'mine' instead of 'the bands'?

Part of me thinks that JBJs ego may be to big to allow Richie to sing, but its more likely the decision of the record company, and afterall, he is the bands vocalist.

On a similar note, I really think Richie should sing Never Say Goodbye on tour instead of These Days, it suits his voice a lot better.

Crushgen24/88 01-27-2008 05:32 AM

I'm sorry (and I love Richie as much as any hardcore BJ fan) but I'm not a fan of trade-off vocals. I don't mind it in a live setting (most of the time) but on record I just really don't like it.

Captain_jovi 01-27-2008 05:37 AM

There's no way the band is going to do something like, over 25 years into their carreer, to finally convince people they're a band. If the people don't know by this point, it's a lost cause.

Captain Walrus 01-27-2008 05:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aph01 (Post 800905)
Iv always thought the exact same thing, and always think of the goo goo dolls when thinking about it...the only diffrenece is that Richie can sing and their bass players voice (cant remember his name) is horrible.

Most people think Bon Jovi is a person, not a band, maybe doing something like this would help show people that it is a band, even though that may be hard for some of us to believe sometimes! I mean, has anybody noticed how Jon often refers to, for example a song being 'mine' instead of 'the bands'?

Part of me thinks that JBJs ego may be to big to allow Richie to sing, but its more likely the decision of the record company, and afterall, he is the bands vocalist.

On a similar note, I really think Richie should sing Never Say Goodbye on tour instead of These Days, it suits his voice a lot better.

As much as I love the other band members, the band is Jon's. It always has been. It was him who was originally offered a record deal based on Runaway, he put the band together after he'd been offered the deal

I still reckon having the band members sing more on record, especially Richie, could be refreshing and interesting, but I guess by this point its probably not going to happen