Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   New Bon Jovi Releases (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Finding Neverland (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=68879)

Jack27 01-18-2015 09:39 PM

Finding Neverland

This is via The Graham Norton show when Harvey Weinstein was interviewed. Gary Barlow has written 16 songs and they're releasing a concept album...it will have Jessie J, Rita Ora, Jon Bon Jovi and Christina Aguilera plus "heaps more" perform the songs. For UK residents The Graham Norton show is on the iPlayer and it starts around the 24 minutes mark.

Becky 01-18-2015 09:45 PM

What's the concept? Is it all based on the musical, or something more/different? I'm glad to have something to look forward to.

liljovi93 01-19-2015 12:11 AM

So will this be a Gary Barlow ft Jon Bon Jovi song or have I missed the point of this? Not quite sure, sorry.

Either way, it's something new for us.

Butters 01-19-2015 09:38 AM

I saw Harvey on Graham Norton and noticed that comment too. From what Harvey said, Gary Barlow wrote 16 songs for the Finding Neverland album and Harvey assembled a large group of artists including JBJ to sing on the album. Nothing more was said so we don't know if Jon was involved in the writing on the song he'll sing or if it's a duet.

I know John Shanks has worked with Gary Barlow in writing/producing previous Take That albums so perhaps he was involved in making this happen.

Rdkopper 01-19-2015 02:37 PM

Nice to know Jon is doing something with music again on some level. Takes some attention off of Sugar Daddy Sambora.

Here is the link:

I didn't get the impression that it was a duet.

steel_horse75 01-20-2015 09:28 AM

Finding Neverland

According to Harvey Weinstein, a concept album for 'Finding Neverland' will feature Jon Bon Jovi singing on a track. The album was written by Gary Barlow for the musical but a variety of singers from JBJ to Jessie J and Rita Ora will sing on the concept album. You can hear Harvey talk about the album at around 25mins into Graham Norton's show (if you're in the UK).

On Iplayer now as it was on Jan 16th.

Rdkopper 01-24-2015 02:43 PM

Feeling honored to have Jon Bon Jovi at @sweetsoundsnyc studios today. Good vibes and all smiles from the session today -
beatsbydinesh - 22nd January 2015

KSantaFe 01-24-2015 10:20 PM

http://scontent-a.cdninstagram.com/h...35034020_n.jpg

Dawn 01-25-2015 02:54 AM

Grt info. Wonder what type of song he is singing. .?

Rdkopper 01-25-2015 03:51 PM

1. Besides a few covers, I don't recall Jon contributing to any type of album singing someone else's writing as the sole contributor, since maybe their first album. It's going to be interesting to hear how he makes this his own. The only two I could think of....

- She Don't Know Me
- House Of Fire

2. It's time for Jon to get a new hair style. It wasn't bad at first when it was half n half but now he just looks bad. He needs to just chop it super short if he wants to look like Clooney or dump some color into it. He always looked 10 years younger now he looks 10 years older. Image has always been a big part of Rock N Roll, especially with Jon, and its time for Jon to bring it.

Becky 01-25-2015 03:55 PM

Another example of Jon singing someone else's song, and also one of his most stellar vocals was "How Long Has This Been Going On" for the Gershwin tribute album. And, come to think of it, he did a hell of a job on "Levon" for the Elton John/Bernie Taupin tribute album.

Rdkopper 01-25-2015 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Becky (Post 1184908)
Another example of Jon singing someone else's song, and also one of his most stellar vocals was "How Long Has This Been Going On" for the Gershwin tribute album. And, come to think of it, he did a hell of a job on "Levon" for the Elton John/Bernie Taupin tribute album.

Those would fall under "besides a few covers" category. But I agree about the stellar vocals.

I'm talking about an original that no one has done before.

Nige 01-25-2015 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1184907)
1. Besides a few covers, I don't recall Jon contributing to any type of album singing someone else's writing as the sole contributor, since maybe their first album. It's going to be interesting to hear how he makes this his own. The only two I could think of....

- She Don't Know Me
- House Of Fire

What about the song he did with Sam Cooke that I can't remember the name of? Was that a cover or original?

Rdkopper 01-25-2015 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nige (Post 1184911)
What about the song he did with Sam Cooke that I can't remember the name of? Was that a cover or original?

If you're talking about Sam McClain and Donn Scott Shetler's Show Me The Way, I thought of that and that's why I noted "Sole Contributor". I'm not including the few duets that Jon adds his vocals to. Others are Southside's Workin Too Hard and Lance Larson's songs... Again, Jon adding his vocals to a song is not where I'm going with this.

It's Jon taking someone's lyrics and making a song his own and Jon being the Sole Vocal Contributor and Song Owner...

Nige 01-25-2015 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1184913)
If you're talking about Sam McClain and Donn Scott Shetler's Show Me The Way, I thought of that and that's why I noted "Sole Contributor". I'm not including the few duets that Jon adds his vocals to. Others are Southside's Workin Too Hard and Lance Larson's songs... Again, Jon adding his vocals to a song is not where I'm going with this.

It's Jon taking someone's lyrics and making a song his own and Jon being the Sole Vocal Contributor and Song Owner...

Ah ok. Those are not the song I'm desperately trying to remember but it was a duet anyway....

*Edit* Lookin' for a love - that's the one!

liljovi93 01-27-2015 09:02 AM

I wonder when we will get to hear this. Actually am looking forward to it.

Old Joysey 03-17-2015 12:02 AM

Quote:

Brewing on the side, meanwhile, are two related projects: a compilation of songs from the show featuring renditions by Rita Ora, Jon Bon Jovi and John Legend, scheduled for release on April 21, and another stage musical adaptation with Mr. Weinstein as producer, “Around the World in 80 Days.”
http://www.nytimes.com/2015/03/15/th...land.html?_r=0

Gadden 03-29-2015 02:38 PM

News!

Jon will be singing 'Beautiful Day'. It is a solo song (i.e. not feat. or anything like that).

Source:

http://findingneverlandbway.tumblr.com/

/Cheers

KSantaFe 03-29-2015 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gadden (Post 1186374)
Jon will be singing 'Beautiful Day'. It is a solo song (i.e. not feat. or anything like that).

Source:

http://findingneverlandbway.tumblr.com/

/Cheers

Thanks for the update mate :)
Interesting to see how it turns out!

Becky 03-29-2015 11:36 PM

I think it will be great. The only time Jon has sang something outside his wheelhouse that didn't sound good to me was when he performed for the President on national TV sometime during the Clinton admin. I can't remember exactly what songs he did, but...gah... I had to watch it on my parents' TV because mine didn't get that station and my dad's commentary was, "They should repossess his Grammy's." LOL

Rdkopper 04-13-2015 01:00 AM

I wonder how Dave feels about this? Don't think the thought didn't cross his mind.... "Jon is singing someone elses Broadway Song and not one of mine" Mother ****er!

Panda 04-13-2015 01:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1186785)
I wonder how Dave feels about this? Don't think the thought didn't cross his mind.... "Jon is singing someone elses Broadway Song and not one of mine" Mother ****er!

Yeah Dave probably thinks Jon is the biggest asshole because of exactly that.

liljovi93 04-13-2015 01:33 AM

Is it not the 21st April this is out? Seen something about it before on Twitter.

Hoping we get to hear Jon's song or a preview in the next day or two from a leak.

Old Joysey 04-13-2015 11:44 AM

Try the previous page! ;)

liljovi93 04-13-2015 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Old Joysey (Post 1186793)
Try the previous page! ;)

What for? Can't see anything that tells me.

bonjovi90 04-13-2015 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by liljovi93 (Post 1186789)
Is it not the 21st April this is out? Seen something about it before on Twitter.

Hoping we get to hear Jon's song or a preview in the next day or two from a leak.

Post #17 in this topic ;)

Captain_jovi 04-13-2015 09:36 PM

I must be missing it too, the article says the album is out the 21st and we're hoping we hear a snippet soon, are we missing something?

Old Joysey 04-13-2015 09:41 PM

The answer to liljovi93's question is on the previous page. :)

Rdkopper 04-13-2015 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Old Joysey (Post 1186813)

I don't have time for this shit. If there is a link to the song or sample, just post it directly instead of mixing everything into that gibberish code you speak in.

Captain_jovi 04-13-2015 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Old Joysey (Post 1186813)

Which question? The major question was the snippet not the date of release. He seemed pretty spot on about when it was out. I'm not him though, that's just how I took it.

liljovi93 04-13-2015 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1186816)
Which question? The major question was the snippet not the date of release. He seemed pretty spot on about when it was out. I'm not him though, that's just how I took it.

Yeah, I get when it's out. No idea what they're on about unfortunately. I questioned whether we will get some sort of preview and said myself when it'd be out.

Ah well...

bonjovi90 04-13-2015 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by liljovi93 (Post 1186819)
Yeah, I get when it's out. No idea what they're on about unfortunately. I questioned whether we will get some sort of preview and said myself when it'd be out.

Ah well...

I thought you meant this as a question about whether it was out on April 21st or not:

Quote:

Originally Posted by liljovi93 (Post 1186789)
Is it not the 21st April this is out?

Sorry for the conclusion, pal :)

Old Joysey 04-13-2015 11:31 PM

Ditto. :)

Note to self : Jovitalk English for Dummies: this
Quote:

Originally Posted by liljovi93
Is it not the 21st April this is out?
is not a question.

liljovi93 04-13-2015 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Old Joysey (Post 1186822)
Ditto. :)

Note to self : Jovitalk English for Dummies: this

is not a question.

Because the topic says 15th April. But you then told me to go back to another page when I added another comment to my post. Quote what part you are on about because I am clearly not the only one who had no idea what you was on about.

Sorry for the confusion anyway!

Becky 04-16-2015 01:13 AM

The 2nd tweet from Jon in about a week. Could he actually be learning how to use social media? :o

Congrats to the cast and crew of @NeverlandBway on opening night! We saw the preview and my son Romeo gives it a 10! -JBJ #FindingNeverland

Rdkopper 04-17-2015 07:55 PM

How hasn't this leaked yet?

Not that I'm waiting on the edge of my seat for it but I'm more so curious to hear how Jon sounds vocally after some rest. With Shanks being his producer on this track, I want to see what they did.....

KSantaFe 04-20-2015 01:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1186923)
How hasn't this leaked yet?

Not that I'm waiting on the edge of my seat for it but I'm more so curious to hear how Jon sounds vocally after some rest. With Shanks being his producer on this track, I want to see what they did.....

I've got to say that if this album is actually coming out on the 21st of April, Barlow has done a terrible job of promoting it!

Walkerboy 04-20-2015 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KSantaFe (Post 1186984)
I've got to say that if this album is actually coming out on the 21st of April, Barlow has done a terrible job of promoting it!

Couple of things...
a) It's an album to accompany the stage show. The show is only on Broadway, so it's no surprise there's a lack of promotion. I certainly wouldn't expect to see any advertising in the UK
b) Barlow has a Take That tour coming up - that's where the majority of his focus is

KSantaFe 04-20-2015 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Walkerboy (Post 1186986)
Couple of things...
a) It's an album to accompany the stage show. The show is only on Broadway, so it's no surprise there's a lack of promotion. I certainly wouldn't expect to see any advertising in the UK
b) Barlow has a Take That tour coming up - that's where the majority of his focus is

That all makes perfect sense, but if you look at the firepower on hand with this album, how can you NOT talk it up a little in the week leading to release?

Old Joysey 04-20-2015 02:42 PM

"Without promotion something terrible happens... nothing!"
P.T. Barnum

Actually there will be 2 albums:

Quote:

John Legend, Rita Ora, Nick Jonas and Glee star Matthew Morrison will contribute performances Finding Neverland (Songs From The Musical), a compilation due April 21 to accompany the Broadway debut of Finding Neverland on April 15. Featuring music and lyrics by Gary Barlow (Take That) and Eliot Kennedy, the album is a unique approach to the typical "cast album" (though an official one will be released separately, featuring vocals from Kelsey Grammer, Laura Michelle Kelly and Glee's Morrison, who will co-star).
http://www.billboard.com/articles/bu...nd-compilation

The journalist compares it to another "marketing tool" (sic):
Quote:

By fusing contemporary artists with an original Broadway score, Finding Neverland (Songs From The Musical) harkens back to Elton John and Tim Rice's Aida album in 1999, which enlisted the likes of Sting, Shania Twain, Janet Jackson, Spice Girls and Lenny Kravitz to perform songs from the accompanying musical months before its official premiere, and scored a radio hit from John's duet with LeAnn Rimes, "Written In The Stars" (which peaked at No. 29 on the Hot 100.)
That's how it always works: the albums are released months if not one year before the show starts so that people know the songs and like them so much that they want to see them live, ie buy tickets for the show. It's the first time I hear about a musical with no album available, it's very weird... And no leaks=no interest, even the lyrics didn't leak although the show has gone public for 5 days now...