Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Could A Fan Get To Interview JBJ? (If so, what would YOU ask?) (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=69660)

Jeeper 09-26-2016 03:34 PM

Could A Fan Get To Interview JBJ? (If so, what would YOU ask?)

I follow @BonJoviTalk on Twitter and was intrigued by the Tweet I've posted below. Is it possible for a fan (account) to get to interview Jon? I initially thought no, but with enough people asking for it, why shouldn't it be granted? Have a read of what was posted:

Fan Interview With JBJ (@BonJoviTalk)

I put a tweet/poll up on Twitter asking fans if they would like to see a fan interview JBJ. It was no surprise that the majority of fans clicked YES on this poll. The reason I put this poll up was to see just how many fans want different questions in an interview. These days, most interviews with JBJ are the same questions and unfortunately, the same answers. This isn't a dig at anybody, it's just the truth. I, as a fan, would LOVE to ask JBJ some questions. This isn't the opportunity for me to bash Bon Jovi because I don't agree with anybody doing that. We all have our opinions but I'd be respectful with what I'd ask. So much so, that I'd let someone close to the band see the questions I/we would like to ask. I ask for 10 mins or so with JBJ. This would be different and I'm sure JBJ would enjoy having some different questions asked to him. I have contacted Matt Bongiovi and his reply was "unlikely and not my department". I get that this is a big ask, a fan asking something like this. But with the band being in my home country in two weeks, this would be a great opportunity. All I ask is that fans can Tweet this so hopefully JBJ can see this and agree to it. 10-15 mins, that is all. I would ask fans to participate in some questions they'd love to ask too. We are a fanbase and it'd be great PR for the band too, in my opinion. Please share and tag @BonJovi on Twitter/Facebook etc......I appreciate it, guys.

So, basically they are suggesting/hoping if enough people Tweet or post requesting it, maybe someone within the BJ camp may realise a fan interviewing Jon is actually a great PR opportunity. (Think "Jon Bon Jovi gives back to fans" headline/spin)

As stated, the questions would be vetted so nothing juicy like vocal issues, Shanks' production etc would be asked, but there's so many questions Jon could be asked that would be interesting, new and maybe offer an insight into the bands music.

@BonJoviTalk is a really decent account. Well worth a follow if you don't already. I think what they are suggesting is worth getting behind.

I'd love to know what songs Jon wishes HAD made albums and which on reflection, he would omit.

Thoughts on any of the above, and what (non controversial) questions would you ask JBJ if you could?

rolo_tomachi 09-26-2016 06:26 PM

Are you allergic to the sound of electric guitars?
That would be my question.
Sorry, I couldn't help it.
:D

Javier 09-26-2016 07:19 PM

I would ask about the live show dynamic and how it has changed over the years, especially after Richie left and now with Bobby gone, how/if he has worked to figure out the new live dynamic of the band and how it's affected the shows.

Probably will get a negative answer like, "It hasn't changed, the guy who filled in last time was available" but it's what interests me the most to ask right now.....

Tom_K 09-26-2016 07:42 PM

I would ask the following questions. I don't think they're controversial at all, just personal but I know there's no chance they could be asked.

Do you still believe in the saying "The bigger the star, the nicer they are"?
What would Jon from 20 years ago think about the Jon today? What changes in yourself have you noticed?
Do you miss hanging out and talking with Richie?
What hapened to your voice and can you get it back?
What would it take for Bon Jovi to start selling concert footage/recordings from 20+ years ago online for the fans?
Would you let a modern "Pizza parlour jury" consisting of most die hard Bon Jovi fans pick material out of "The vault" for a box set commemorating 35 years of Bon Jovi?

liljovi93 09-26-2016 08:30 PM

This needs to happen. I'd LOVE to interview JBJ.

Nothing worse than the same old boring interviews with the same old boring questions and the same old boring answers.

Imagine the questions you could ask if you sat down with JBJ! No harm in retweeting and posting it on social media anyway...

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

nikos greece 09-26-2016 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom_K (Post 1207868)
I would ask the following questions. I don't think they're controversial at all, just personal but I know there's no chance they could be asked.

Do you still believe in the saying "The bigger the star, the nicer they are"?
What would Jon from 20 years ago think about the Jon today? What changes in yourself have you noticed?
Do you miss hanging out and talking with Richie?
What hapened to your voice and can you get it back?
What would it take for Bon Jovi to start selling concert footage/recordings from 20+ years ago online for the fans?
Would you let a modern "Pizza parlour jury" consisting of most die hard Bon Jovi fans pick material out of "The vault" for a box set commemorating 35 years of Bon Jovi?

some nice questions there most of us would like to ask, i d add a request release hammersmith specifically on dvd

Rdkopper 09-27-2016 12:58 AM

Again!!!!!

Jeeper 09-27-2016 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by liljovi93 (Post 1207871)
This needs to happen. I'd LOVE to interview JBJ.

Nothing worse than the same old boring interviews with the same old boring questions and the same old boring answers.

Imagine the questions you could ask if you sat down with JBJ! No harm in retweeting and posting it on social media anyway...

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

Pity more people don't see it that way. The amount of moaning on Twitter from certain fans is astonishing.

Too many people interested in kissing Matt Bongiovi's arse or banging on about Sauce.

rokuli 09-27-2016 08:52 PM

1. What (the :bad-word:) happened to "Bon Jovi announces plans for an extensive 30th Anniversary catalog campaign with Island/UMe....More 30th Anniversary commemorative titles, including newly-compiled collections of studio and live recordings, are scheduled for release this year [2014]."?

2. Will they ever open the vaults for 80s/90s live shows?

Alphavictim 09-28-2016 11:19 PM

I dunno, it's ****ing JBJ. So there's two things to keep in mind:
1. We won't get stuff from the vaults just because a random (fan) interviewer asked. This kind of questions is pretty pointless.
2. Certain topics will get a "streamlined" answer. ("Do you miss hanging out with Richie?" would fall into that category)

I'd like to ask questions that I think he'd actually answer and that don't boil down to stuff we can figure out ourselves ("why has your voice changed?").

So.
-As you grew older and obviously your life changed, did you find it harder to go back to certain themes, not even necassirly lyrical but also in terms of attitude? Did certain things become easier?

-You have made it clear that the audience deserves an uplifting show from you. Were there ever times you wanted to vent about certain things in songs but felt it would just not work for what the band is all about? If so, what happened to those songs?

-When did you first get a clear impression what the identity of the band was, and when was it last updated?

-You are obviously the face of the band and, especially with Richie gone, the main creative force. Are there certain aspects about the band, its direction and live show, that people underestimate about the other guys from the band? Do you reckon their input is overshadowed even among die-hards, or is it really mainly your show?

-Are there certain songs you feel you should have done at a later point in your career as you weren't really able to pull off the subject matter back then?

-You have done a lot of writing with John Shanks over the last years. Did you write more in the studio for these albums, or does he chip in on stuff you have prepared beforehand?

-Billy Falcon has obviously been a friend of yours but only came in the picture as far as writing goes with Crush. Was there anything in particular that prompted to get him more involved?