Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   More Richie's bullshit in the press (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=68881)

rocknation 01-21-2015 04:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Richie Sambora
"Right now, I am not in the band. No one can predict the future..."

Bullshit indeed! "Right now", NOBODY is in the band. But there is absolutely nothing to stop Richie from deciding that he won't return, just as there is nothing to stop Jon from saying that he can't return (with the possible exceptions of Tico and Dave). Jon blinked by saying that the door is still open; Richie has blinked back. Thanks, guys -- I'll consider this a belated Christmas present!

Alphavictim 01-21-2015 05:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rocknation (Post 1184810)
Jon blinked by saying that the door is still open

Did he really say that? I think the last quote on that subject matter was hardly as straightforward as that.

trevrox 01-21-2015 06:02 AM

Why aren't more people up in arms at Richie's clear dig at Tico? Repulsive!

Captain_jovi 01-21-2015 06:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trevrox (Post 1184814)
Why aren't more people up in arms at Richie's clear dig at Tico? Repulsive!

You're kidding right? You took him saying he doesn't like to play golf, a game that people have enjoyed and used to relax since long before Tico started playing, as a shot against T? Huge ginormous stretch.

trevrox 01-21-2015 08:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1184815)
You're kidding right? You took him saying he doesn't like to play golf, a game that people have enjoyed and used to relax since long before Tico started playing, as a shot against T? Huge ginormous stretch.

By itself it's thin, I admit. But combine it with his not-so-subtle dig at Jon... Open your eyes, man!

Supersonic 01-21-2015 08:12 AM

Aloha !

The real bullshit Richie's been spouting off is about his chemistry with Orianthi, his creative freedom and him not being able to write a bad song. There's no chemistry or real interplay between Orianthi and him, his creative freedom has so far led to 1 mediocre album filled with songs that could've been a Bon Jovi song, or just bad songs, meaning he is actually able to write, shock horror, bad songs.

The entire thing of him wanting freedom from Bon Jovi is understandable. Just not by people who don't seem to understand that being part of a machine is different compared to just being a solo act and touring when you actually want. Though I'm quite sure Richie would love his solo career to blow up to Bon Jovi like proportions. It's getting quite obvious how all his bragging stems from insecurity about his own persona. In the end, he just doesn't have that much of a solo career. And I think he knows it too.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

trevrox 01-21-2015 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1184815)
You're kidding right?

Alright. Yes.

steel_horse75 01-21-2015 09:11 AM

What Richie fails to understand is..........no one bar about 4 people care about his "project" with Orianthi

steel_horse75 01-21-2015 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supersonic (Post 1184817)
Though I'm quite sure Richie would love his solo career to blow up to Bon Jovi like proportions. It's getting quite obvious how all his bragging stems from insecurity about his own persona. In the end, he just doesn't have that much of a solo career. And I think he knows it too.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

Nail hit perfectly on the head.

faith1985 01-21-2015 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supersonic (Post 1184817)
Aloha !

The real bullshit Richie's been spouting off is about his chemistry with Orianthi, his creative freedom and him not being able to write a bad song. There's no chemistry or real interplay between Orianthi and him, his creative freedom has so far led to 1 mediocre album filled with songs that could've been a Bon Jovi song, or just bad songs, meaning he is actually able to write, shock horror, bad songs.

The entire thing of him wanting freedom from Bon Jovi is understandable. Just not by people who don't seem to understand that being part of a machine is different compared to just being a solo act and touring when you actually want. Though I'm quite sure Richie would love his solo career to blow up to Bon Jovi like proportions. It's getting quite obvious how all his bragging stems from insecurity about his own persona. In the end, he just doesn't have that much of a solo career. And I think he knows it too.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

Yep, that is kind of it. You know, in the end I only care if I like the musical output or not and I don't care about ego-issues or wether there were figths within the band or not. Sure, I want people to get along, but Richie is not my friend, so if I am disappointed with his music (which is the case right now), I just don't listen to it and lose interest. If I want to hear a solid rock/pop album, I don't need to listen to Sambora, I can go and listen to 100 other bands.