Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Got ripped off! (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=68642)

trevrox 07-21-2014 07:34 PM

Got ripped off!

So pissed. Was at my local CD store yesterday and they had the Japanese edition of This Left Feels Right. I bought it when I was in Spain last year and it had one bonus track, an awesome live version of The Distance. Well this one had two more, Have a Little Faith In Me and Joey (both live), so of course I had to buy it! It was only $16.99.

So just a few minutes ago I finally opened it (it was still in the wrapper), put the CD in...to find 12 tracks, not 15. It's the standard American version but a Japanese cover. And now I can't find my receipt.

Seriously, **** you Jon.

Captain_jovi 07-21-2014 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trevrox (Post 1180415)
So pissed. Was at my local CD store yesterday and they had the Japanese edition of This Left Feels Right. I bought it when I was in Spain last year and it had one bonus track, an awesome live version of The Distance. Well this one had two more, Have a Little Faith In Me and Joey (both live), so of course I had to buy it! It was only $16.99.

So just a few minutes ago I finally opened it (it was still in the wrapper), put the CD in...to find 12 tracks, not 15. It's the standard American version but a Japanese cover. And now I can't find my receipt.

Seriously, **** you Jon.

Wait, how is this Jon's fault?

trevrox 07-21-2014 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1180416)
Wait, how is this Jon's fault?

It isn't, I was just joking because I see a lot of people on here that don't like him and I actually love the guy. Even today

Supersonic 07-21-2014 07:47 PM

Aloha !

Quote:

Originally Posted by trevrox (Post 1180415)

Seriously, **** you Jon.

Yeah! **** you Jon!

Seriously though, this sounds like the store made a mistake by giving you the regular disc instead of the Japanese edition. There's no such thing as an edition with Japanese artwork containing an American CD with a different tracklist. I've had a similar problem once with a Genesis CD. Just go back and tell them about the mistake.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

Captain_jovi 07-21-2014 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trevrox (Post 1180417)
It isn't, I was just joking because I see a lot of people on here that don't like him and I actually love the guy. Even today

Hah, this went right over my head, I thought you were serious.

trevrox 07-21-2014 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supersonic (Post 1180418)
Aloha !

Yeah! **** you Jon!

Seriously though, this sounds like the store made a mistake by giving you the regular disc instead of the Japanese edition. There's no such thing as an edition with Japanese artwork containing an American CD with a different tracklist. I've had a similar problem once with a Genesis CD. Just go back and tell them about the mistake.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

The store buys used CDs from people that come in and sell them. I'm thinking someone maybe put the American CD in a Japanese case and sold it to them, and maybe just wrapped it to make it look new? I'm not sure. This was the only one left, and everything they have is on the floor.

trevrox 07-21-2014 08:21 PM

So, problem solved...

For some reason when I put the CD in my PS3, it was only playing 12 tracks. But I got out my old CD player and sure enough...15 tracks. Very weird. I've never had a problem playing Japanese CDs in my PS3 before. It just...makes no sense. Consider me really confused on this one.

Well at least I got it playing now. I know I'm in the minority, but I love TLFR. Every song. :o