Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Studio Or Live? (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=15893)

reincarnationofjonspants 08-25-2003 06:08 AM

Studio Or Live?

Which do you prefer?

I like the studio work far better than the live. It annoys me to no end when I hear hundreds of people singing along to the music that I am so use to hearing myself sing along with. Then some words are changed around, and I dont like it. :x I, however, love seeing them perform and can't wait until I will be able to see them for myself. :D The studio versions also dont have any background noise that might block out songs.

Beanie 08-25-2003 10:35 AM

Lol, sorry but I have to totally disagree with you! I mean of course I love the studio versions, that's why I have all the cds and listen to them constantly...but even the guys have said it loads of times, Bon Jovi is a live band!! Nothing beats hearing them sing their hearts out to the thousands of fans in front of them. Even though there are other noises to distract you, each performance live is a once in a lifetime thing, and there hasen't been any 'studio tricks' done on Jon's voice, of the instruments, etc, so to me it just gives it all the more feeling. For me, a song like It's my Life now does nothing for me when I hear it on the radio, but live at a concert, I just cant help but get excited.
*shrugs shoulders* lol, well, that's my view point.

Yvonne 08-25-2003 09:24 PM

Depending on the song i prefer LIVE over studio anyday!

Thomas Anderson 08-25-2003 09:28 PM

It all depends on the particular song, the quality of the live version, and the ammount of emotion put into the song.

The best version of Always was from Wembley 1995, and it was even better than the studio version, in my opinion anyway.

There are many versions of Wanted Dead Or Alive which sound much better than the original, especially with the extended intros.

Kathleen 08-25-2003 09:33 PM

Depending on the sound quality of course I usually prefer a live performance. There is usually more excitement and energy in a live performance. Also many live performances have extended versions of songs which you wouldn't hear otherwise.
There is always the exception - a studio version might be preferred to a terrible performance but for me it's live all the way.

Kathleen

Tashjbj 08-25-2003 09:46 PM

Although studio is good because the music's purer.. I prefer live, I love all the little ad lib bits and it's nice to get an extra long guitar solo or something different in a song. So I went with live.

Tash

artinis1 08-25-2003 09:48 PM

from nick,
live baby live

RichieW2001 08-25-2003 09:50 PM

studio. very few songs that have been played by the guys live have got me into the frenzy of the studio versions. but then again, you see a concert for the whole package.

Becky 08-25-2003 10:15 PM

It depends on the song. I would rather listen to Bad Name studio version than live. I'd rather listen to KTF live than studio. I think all the Bounce songs I heard sounded better live, but I have yet to get a good recording that captures what I heard in person.

Becky

Jag 08-25-2003 11:13 PM

has to be live...most songs are really awesome live, they become possesed in jonny's church :P