Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   No Richie on current leg of the tour (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=55338)

alessiasambo 05-23-2013 05:34 PM

You are welcome! :)

I forgot to add that SPIEGEL is a very respectable German weekly political magazine. Nothing like the Mirror or the Daily Mail.

Supersonic 05-23-2013 05:37 PM

Aloha !

It's not surprising to me how Matt's apparantly broke; the entire Bon Jovi family aren't exactly known for their smart business decisions and considering how Matt's never been able to start up a proper business himself despite having a brother who's filthy rich and give him the right financial injection it's not surprising to me he's got to earn back the money he's lost. It just goes to show what the dynamics between Jon and the rest of his family is like and makes it all the more sad how Matt gets his kicks out of derogatory comments to others while never having achieved anything himself.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

Bounce7800 05-23-2013 05:49 PM

Quote:

So if somebody wants to write the story for it and bring our songs to Broadway - do it!"
Yeah, it will be a real struggle for him to find a decent Broadway writer...

I heard a bit on Twitter about him slating the Soul Kitchen, but he has said nothing derogatory at all there about it, other than its working better now after a shaky start, "Throwing money out of the window" could lose something in translation or maybe I just don't read it as a negative- he's throwing his money away on it, but thats the whole point of the scheme.

Seems like he has his eye back on the acting again though :(

Iceman 05-23-2013 06:03 PM

Quote:

SPIEGEL: "And how long is it supposed to go on like this? Just now your guitarist Richie Sambora has left the band."

Bon Jovi: "I believe it's not gonna last very long anymore for us either. My management doesn't like it, but I thought recently: People, we now are where artists like Elton John and Eric Clapton have been before. Not, that they still aren't great musicians still today, but I think we have reached the highest point of our journey. It might be that we are going to go downwards from now on. Not that I wouldn't like to earn more money, but at 70, like the Stones, I really don't wanna do this job anymore."
If that's accurate, I'm glad that Jon's finally seen the light. They've been going downhill for some time now, but it's still not too late to quit at the top. Or at least pretty close to it.

Ice

alessiasambo 05-23-2013 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bounce7800 (Post 1132658)
Yeah, it will be a real struggle for him to find a decent Broadway writer...

I heard a bit on Twitter about him slating the Soul Kitchen, but he has said nothing derogatory at all there about it, other than its working better now after a shaky start, "Throwing money out of the window" could lose something in translation or maybe I just don't read it as a negative- he's throwing his money away on it, but thats the whole point of the scheme.

Seems like he has his eye back on the acting again though :(

Well Dave could do it...lol

I just took it deragatory because of the context he put it in with his other failed investment attempt. And "throwing money out of the window" is a negative term in German but it might be that he phrased it differently and they just translated it like that to German. It just sounded so bad because it implies that it was a bad way to spend his money while giving it to charity should be a good thing and not "throwing out the window" I mean the money is doing good things after all being invested there, it's not like he's flushing it down the toilet yet he gives off that vibe in that answer. Of course Soul Kitchen should be able to break even so the concept has a future though Jon could of course put some of his money into the project to keep it alive, he's rich enough after all, but I guess that is not how he sees things.

efiste2 05-23-2013 06:18 PM

If the BWC tour is going to be the LAST BON JOVI tour for some years (till the reunion tour), Richie should get back on the stage and give it all hes got.......I dont know about you folks I feel very let down by Richie and a little bit by the CEO himself, as a diehard fan for nearly THIRTY years I am gutted at the way it has ended.....I am a huge fan of Richies solo stuff too, he was the soul of the band, some of his solo stuff and the bands stuff has helped me thorugh some tough times, I guess we have all grown up with BON JOVI so they are part of us all etc etc, and if this is the final lap, they need to get their shit together and go out big time............However its not THE END, as we all know five or ten years down the line they will be back as part of a REUNION TOUR, but for now it looks like so long.......:(

IML88 05-23-2013 06:21 PM

Not sure how much of it is true, lost in translation etc but on the presumption its near enough word for word, its a very interesting article.

At least his management know that he aint selling out stadiums on his own. Looks like the band are going away for a good while after they are done flogging this karaoke tour. Jon goes and does his acting, Tico chills, David does his musicals and Richie does his own thing. Best thing for the band at this point in their career.

Take at least 5 years off and come back together and say goodbye the right way.

ticos_stick 05-23-2013 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Living_on_my_Hair (Post 1132624)

Like I said, Richie has very little or no effect on the typical fan who will be attending the shows this tour. It's the type of music fan they attract, like I said a few months back when I had a friend of mine realise that Slash wasn't at her GNR show. She was clueless. Casual fans outnumber diehards by a huge amount.
You may not class yourself as a Sambora 'diehard', but you know and appreciate him enough to fall into that category, at least compared to the casual dimwits who frequent Bon Jovi shows. You can appreciate what he brings to the band, other just see a guy with a guitar.

Andi

The casuals are a bit more discerning in Europe though. It's not rows and rows of middle aged women pointing their iPhones at Jon over here. I think it's a little unfair to say Richie has little affect on ticket sales on this tour as he left well after the tickets went on sale. I believe most of the people who bought a ticket will go regardless because it's a day out, this would be especially true for shows like Slane which a lot of people go to regardless of the act.

If the band start up a new tour in the next year or so without Richie then we can gain a better insight into what's what. I'm not saying people will suddenly realise Richie is the greatest thing ever but most will surely notice that the current line up isn't worth going out of their way to see.

ben 05-23-2013 06:40 PM

Hey God! Tell me what the hell is going on... It seems like all the good shit's gone.
It keeps on getting harder hanging on...

ben 05-23-2013 06:41 PM

I guess this time you're really leaving, I heard your suitcase say goodbye...