Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   No Richie on current leg of the tour (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=55338)

MrNickel 05-26-2013 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jessycardy (Post 1133762)
I don't think that was the question. If we had to consider "solo tracks" all songs written by Jon only, then we'd have tons of solo tracks on Bon Jovi albums...

Yeah I was referring to Jon Bon Jovi songs that were released on other albums apart from the band albums.

CharlieShipley 05-26-2013 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kiwi78 (Post 1133718)
Good lord, talk about smultz.

Quick aside: I finally saw the "Katie" episode featuring her slobbering all over Jon. It was an assault on those who enjoy the band, TV and acting like an adult (all on Katie's part). Jon has a look that says "why do I put up with this shit." Although he can sometimes come across as a dick, I NEVER get tired of what he has to say in interviews. Even at his most disingenuous, he very clearly believes in what he says with all his heart.

Also, Mrs. Sambora is adorable. I would have loved to hear her interviewed for an hour.

jessycardy 05-26-2013 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CharlieShipley (Post 1133767)
Quick aside: I finally saw the "Katie" episode featuring her slobbering all over Jon. It was an assault on those who enjoy the band, TV and acting like an adult (all on Katie's part). Jon has a look that says "why do I put up with this shit." Although he can sometimes come across as a dick, I NEVER get tired of what he has to say in interviews. Even at his most disingenuous, he very clearly believes in what he says with all his heart.

Also, Mrs. Sambora is adorable. I would have loved to hear her interviewed for an hour.

Speaking of which, I just don't get what the fuss is all about regarding this interview. The only thing that jumped in my head as I was watching it back when it came out was how incredibly housewifey the whole thing appeared to be (and please pass me the term, I have nothing against housewives). I felt so embarrassed for Jon when she got those two fans sitting next to him, answering to trivial questions about him... I think he would have probably rather been in a lion cage than there. Something good and worthy actually came out of it, when Jon answered some questions by the audience. And Richie's mom's appearance was very nice and cute.

Apart from that, I don't see why some people keep bringing it up as if that show actually represented the beginning of all this drama. I really don't get it. Some mention how Jon hasn't introduced the band. Big effin' deal! I don't think he's ever done that in a TV show. It's pretty normal. Some even complained about him being the only one interviewed and that he should have personally invited Richie inside the studio when he mentioned his mom. Really?!? Do these people even live on the same planet we do? LOL

CKatz 05-26-2013 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CharlieShipley (Post 1133767)

I think Richie's mom kind of stole the show. She was the most memorable part of that cheesy, boring show.

semigoodlookin 05-26-2013 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crushgen24/88 (Post 1133705)
"Mixing casual cool and rocker chic, Richie layered a faded purple T-shirt under plaid button-down blouse, teamed with dark denim trousers and leather loafers.
Protecting himself from the sun's glistening rays, the guitarist donned a red baseball cap, as concealed his eyes with a pair of aviators."

I don't know why, but this made me laugh for almost 5 minutes.

jaysus, all they missed was him mincing down the street. Why do they think he is wearing a blouse?:scramble:

Surely they could have just said, "the Bon Jovi rocker threw on some clothes this morning."

jublke 05-26-2013 04:24 PM

Okay, I'm going to combine a couple of theories and throw a new one out there. Somewhere along the line, we have a rumor that Jon threw Richie off the tour because he wanted a clean tour ... we also have the rumor that Richie was drinking too much / feared he'd fall off the wagon / went to rehab.

What if Richie is reasonably clean but not 100% sober? That might explain the "tip-top" type tweets along with Jon's implications that it's alcohol related. Maybe Jon demanded an alcohol-free Richie and Richie said screw that, you are way overstepping your bounds here, I'm performing fine.

Just a thought.

jublke

Becky 05-26-2013 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Savvi (Post 1133763)
Jon solo written songs...

The Fighter
Put the Boy Back in Cowboy
Walk Like a Man
Novocaine
Wildflower
Right Side of Wrong
No Regret
Postcards from the Wasteland
Save the World
I Got the Girl
(It's Hard) Letting You Go
Something to Believe In
Always
Bed of Roses
Dry County
Woman in Love
Fear
I Want You
Living in Sin
Wild in the Streets
In and Out of Love
Price of Love
Silent Night

Actually credited as "Jon Bon Jovi"...
Blaze of Glory
Old Habits Die Hard
Not Running Anymore

According to wikipedia anyway.

I don't have all the songs Jon wrote by himself memorized, but I'm certain that he wrote I Believe by himself and they left that off the list.

semigoodlookin 05-26-2013 04:25 PM

On the whole Bobby thing. My understanding is that he was brought in to take some of the load off Richie, or at least that's why he stuck around after LH? The problem is for us fans he has stuck around too long, but maybe Richie has welcomed it. Either way is solos are truly terrible.

samboraisgodUK 05-26-2013 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by semigoodlookin (Post 1133773)
On the whole Bobby thing. My understanding is that he was brought in to take some of the load off Richie, or at least that's why he stuck around after LH? The problem is for us fans he has stuck around too long, but maybe Richie has welcomed it. Either way is solos are truly terrible.

I'm not opposed to Bobby being there. He beefs the sound up a bit, can sing very well, and on some tracks is fairly indispensable as the only way to get that guitar part without an additional guitarist would be a sample (Whole Lot Of Leavin' for example), but that doesn't excuse giving him a share of the limelight when his solos are dreadful. Just leave him at the back of the stage where he belongs.

jovifan93 05-26-2013 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by samboraisgodUK (Post 1133774)
I'm not opposed to Bobby being there. He beefs the sound up a bit, can sing very well, and on some tracks is fairly indispensable as the only way to get that guitar part without an additional guitarist would be a sample (Whole Lot Of Leavin' for example), but that doesn't excuse giving him a share of the limelight when his solos are dreadful. Just leave him at the back of the stage where he belongs.

Couldn't have put it any better! The sound improved a lot with Bobby (and Hugh at the time), just don't give him any f*cking solos!