Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   No Richie on current leg of the tour (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=55338)

Beaky 05-27-2013 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crashed (Post 1134174)
That last article was regurgitating the same things already said in the previous one though. Nothing new in there.

I've never heard Richie being quoted as saying he'd love to be back for Hyde Park before this. Maybe I missed it, this thread is a behemoth!

Richie won't have spoken to the journalist twice; the PR guy has probably worded it for Richie, gotten his approval and sold a transcript exclusively to the one outlet. That outlet will work out whether it worth breaking transcript up and drip-feeding it. They'll see how many hits they are getting from Richie-related stuff, it's their business to know how much social media noise there is around this at the moment. Then they'll check the band's schedule etc... The fact that the UK tour is coming up, the fact that the band are about to break for 10 days and people will be sniffing around for news, they can then make it look like they're in constant contact with Richie, they are THE place to go for updates. When, in truth, it's not an update, it's just part of the original transcript.

Jonty 05-27-2013 02:24 PM

this is what the Mail and Mail on Sunday is like. Thought about this last night when listening to the discussing a much more serious situation than Bonjovi's................Nick Ross's comments for those who know what I am talking about and so many people were ringing/tweeting/texting about how bad these papers are at sensationalism, misquoting, feeding teh quote to the person and blatant making things up.

BJ?YesPlease 05-27-2013 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jonty (Post 1134181)
this is what the Mail and Mail on Sunday is like. Thought about this last night when listening to the discussing a much more serious situation than Bonjovi's................Nick Ross's comments for those who know what I am talking about and so many people were ringing/tweeting/texting about how bad these papers are at sensationalism, misquoting, feeding teh quote to the person and blatant making things up.

Believe me, as a previous employee of the Daily Mail ... after the Leveson Inquiry there is no desire to make such tabloid entertainment fodder up. Bon Jovi have millions of pounds to use to easily take the paper to court if it's made up. It would be an open and shut case. If it was reported speech or from "a source", then that might be a theory. But direct quotes? Not happening.
And as for Nick Ross - he's said what was printed was a fair reflection.
This is the Daily Mail remember - not Heat or Perez Hilton. They might like to make spurious links to terrorists, immigrants etc, but making up Celebrity news is not their thing.

Beaky 05-27-2013 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BJ?YesPlease (Post 1134184)
Believe me, as a previous employee of the Daily Mail ... after the Leveson Inquiry there is no desire to make such tabloid entertainment fodder up. Bon Jovi have millions of pounds to use to easily take the paper to court if it's made up. It would be an open and shut case. If it was reported speech or from "a source", then that might be a theory. But direct quotes? Not happening.
This is the Daily Mail remember - not Heat or Perez Hilton. They might like to make spurious links to terrorists, immigrants etc, but making up Celebrity news is not their thing.

But... but... all journalists are EVIL!?!?!:evilbat:

BJ?YesPlease 05-27-2013 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beaky (Post 1134186)
But... but... all journalists are EVIL!?!?!:evilbat:

I offer no defence, m'lud...

;)

jessycardy 05-27-2013 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BJ?YesPlease (Post 1134184)

I'm not sure whether this should make me feel better or worse...

Anyway, they might not be making it up (and I think I believe it, for Richie didn't rectify it), but they surely seem to have a lot of interest in the story for some reason.
And I still believe the fact that we apparently have two "exclusives" about the Hyde Park comeback doesn't add up.

Beaky 05-27-2013 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jessycardy (Post 1134192)
I'm not sure whether this should make me feel better or worse...

Anyway, they might not be making it up (and I think I believe it, for Richie didn't rectify it), but they surely seem to have a lot of interest in the story for some reason.
And I still believe the fact that we apparently have two "exclusives" about the Hyde Park comeback doesn't add up.

Because it's news and it's making a lot of noise right now... every time you search on Richie's name, every time someone Google's Matt, Jon, Phil etc etc... every time someone searches for #BonJovi on twitter... people are listening. It's part of your job when you're selling anything to know what your consumers want and what people are searching for, what they want to know about. If you're in the information industry, it's even more critical.

I think Richie said the Hyde Park quote... I think this is his way of putting the pressure back on Jon. 'I'm ready to come back for this gig... up to you now,' basically.

JoviJovi 05-27-2013 03:33 PM

The wanting to play hyde park isn't a new statement, he said it in the Sun article on May 24. I am surprised people are acting like its new information.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...and-drugs.html

jessycardy 05-27-2013 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beaky (Post 1134198)
Because it's news and it's making a lot of noise right now... every time you search on Richie's name, every time someone Google's Matt, Jon, Phil etc etc... every time someone searches for #BonJovi on twitter... people are listening. It's part of your job when you're selling anything to know what your consumers want and what people are searching for, what they want to know about. If you're in the information industry, it's even more critical.

I think Richie said the Hyde Park quote... I think this is his way of putting the pressure back on Jon. 'I'm ready to come back for this gig... up to you now,' basically.

Yes, that's how it works. But I also think Solid Sambora might be on to something. If that interview with Richie actually took place and is legit, and if indeed Richie isn't willing to give any other interviews at the moment, then the people at MailOnline will probably push on this story a little bit more than the others. Maybe they're hoping for some other major exclusive statements from him or something.

What I don't understand about Hyde Park is it's either a MailOnline's exclusive or The Sun's. I don't see how it could be both. There's something off here.
I'm not sure whether to believe this line or not, though, I don't think Richie would go to the extent of specifically coming up with a date for his return when, in his own words, "nothing is resolved" yet. It sounds weird to me. Then again, it ALL sounds weird if you ask me.

PatriciaSambora 05-27-2013 03:39 PM

Uhmmm you better come back to the start of the next leg Richie and not for Hyde park like the first show to come back.. Wanna see him in Madrid:(