Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   When will Bon Jovi make an great album again? (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=15940)

Captain Walrus 08-26-2003 10:13 PM

What makes a great album anyway? OK, I'm sure we can probably agree that Jon's voice will never be as good as it was in the glory days again. Apart from that, they have all the potential they once had. And I'm sure there are a number of people who do consider Crush and Bounce great albums (I'm undecided)

Keep On Rockin'

Jag 08-26-2003 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Youth Gone Jersey
I totally agree Jag, Bounce and Crush had some awesome songs on them, they just had too many fillers. BTW Bret rulz 8)

hitman forever 8)

DevilsSon 08-26-2003 11:12 PM

Do you watch UCF?

Tank Abbot forever!!!

Mousebounce 08-26-2003 11:20 PM

With an album like NJ, I love every song. I am not a huge fan of Crush or Bounce, but each one has *some* very good songs. I think the potential is there but I just don't know. :?

Jag 08-26-2003 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DevilsSon
Do you watch UCF?

Tank Abbot forever!!!

i rememeber him in WCW, he seemed like an angry drunk uncle of mine :P
but in UCF i heard he is a monster....

Jag 08-26-2003 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mousebounce
With an album like NJ, I love every song. I am not a huge fan of Crush or Bounce, but each one has *some* very good songs. I think the potential is there but I just don't know. :?

i think its just comes down to opinion...some ppl here think TD is a gift from God, others think its shite...same for prety much most of the albums, excluding SWW perhaps....

i remember with Bounce, te band were truely ecsstatic about it being 'THE' album...so it comes down to oneself...

Keba 08-26-2003 11:40 PM

I'm with you, Jag. I think beauty is in the eye of the beholder when it comes down to it. The next studio album they release might be their next great album to some but not to others. I am in no position to judge.

Thomas Anderson 08-26-2003 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keba
I'm with you, Jag. I think beauty is in the eye of the beholder when it comes down to it. The next studio album they release might be their next great album to some but not to others.

That's why I think these debates are pointless. Everyone has their own opinion, so there truly is no god or bad album. It is what each one of us likes and dislikes about them.

SpainSambora 08-26-2003 11:53 PM

Re: When will Bon Jovi make an great album again?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thierry
Just trying to be controversial again. Well everyone has to admit though, that These Days was their last masterpiece. Bounce and Crush are ok, but nothing special. And One Wild Night 1985-2001 was a sorry excuse for a live album.

I hope the acoustic album will be a good album, not another OWN

Santa_Fe 08-26-2003 11:54 PM

When they find a great producer. Or produce a record themselves.