Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   When will Bon Jovi make an great album again? (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=15940)

Thierry 08-26-2003 09:09 PM

When will Bon Jovi make an great album again?

Just trying to be controversial again. Well everyone has to admit though, that These Days was their last masterpiece. Bounce and Crush are ok, but nothing special. And One Wild Night 1985-2001 was a sorry excuse for a live album.

Kathleen 08-26-2003 09:19 PM

Well probably no one will consider an acoustic album a great album so it won't be the next one. Maybe the one after that - and not the box set either - the next new one.

Kathleen

Youth Gone Jersey 08-26-2003 09:29 PM

Bon Jovi will never make a album as popular as SWW or Jersey and I dont think they'll make another great musical album like KTF or These Days again, thats not to see they wont make any more good albums though. If the best soungs from Crush and Bounce were on 1 album, that would have been a classic, so I guess maybe they still could, we'll have to wait and see....

Jag 08-26-2003 09:30 PM

i thought crush was a great album, it has many great song, and some of bounce is damn good like 'undivided'.

im hoping tho for the next fully fledged album they produce, to have more solos, and more rocks songs....crush/bounce have too many slow numbers for me....

Youth Gone Jersey 08-26-2003 09:32 PM

I totally agree Jag, Bounce and Crush had some awesome songs on them, they just had too many fillers. BTW Bret rulz 8)

Thomas Anderson 08-26-2003 09:43 PM

I think that Bon Jovi will make another "great" album when people stop comparing every new release to the old albums.

Crush is my favourite album, not just favourite Bon Jovi album, but my favourite album. I liked Bounce (aided by so many great demo tracks, many of which should have made the album) and I do like the old albums too, with Slippery When Wet being my second favourite album, but I think a "great" album is down to what each and every one of us thinks of it.

DevilsSon 08-26-2003 09:44 PM

NEVER!

Yvonne 08-26-2003 09:47 PM

Bon Jovi will never make a decent album again! They will never capitalise on there early success and each album we get now will get compared to early albums. So BJ should just call it a day!

babsil30 08-26-2003 09:56 PM

Well, I'm not particularly fond of Bounce or Crush though I thought Crush had some musical deviations from normal and I appreciated the fresh sound.

Do I think they'll make another "great" album? Well, isn't that why we all have differnet opinions? LOL I think each album has something great about them. Yeah, yeah, yeah, I know..I'm not jumping to one side of the fence or the other, I'm sitting on it teetering.

-Babs 8)

Freddie 08-26-2003 10:06 PM

Bon Jovi is over... there is no more to give. Richie could try and go solo again, but it`s hard.

Bon Jovi is dead.

Captain Walrus 08-26-2003 10:13 PM

What makes a great album anyway? OK, I'm sure we can probably agree that Jon's voice will never be as good as it was in the glory days again. Apart from that, they have all the potential they once had. And I'm sure there are a number of people who do consider Crush and Bounce great albums (I'm undecided)

Keep On Rockin'

Jag 08-26-2003 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Youth Gone Jersey
I totally agree Jag, Bounce and Crush had some awesome songs on them, they just had too many fillers. BTW Bret rulz 8)

hitman forever 8)

DevilsSon 08-26-2003 11:12 PM

Do you watch UCF?

Tank Abbot forever!!!

Mousebounce 08-26-2003 11:20 PM

With an album like NJ, I love every song. I am not a huge fan of Crush or Bounce, but each one has *some* very good songs. I think the potential is there but I just don't know. :?

Jag 08-26-2003 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DevilsSon
Do you watch UCF?

Tank Abbot forever!!!

i rememeber him in WCW, he seemed like an angry drunk uncle of mine :P
but in UCF i heard he is a monster....

Jag 08-26-2003 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mousebounce
With an album like NJ, I love every song. I am not a huge fan of Crush or Bounce, but each one has *some* very good songs. I think the potential is there but I just don't know. :?

i think its just comes down to opinion...some ppl here think TD is a gift from God, others think its shite...same for prety much most of the albums, excluding SWW perhaps....

i remember with Bounce, te band were truely ecsstatic about it being 'THE' album...so it comes down to oneself...

Keba 08-26-2003 11:40 PM

I'm with you, Jag. I think beauty is in the eye of the beholder when it comes down to it. The next studio album they release might be their next great album to some but not to others. I am in no position to judge.

Thomas Anderson 08-26-2003 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keba
I'm with you, Jag. I think beauty is in the eye of the beholder when it comes down to it. The next studio album they release might be their next great album to some but not to others.

That's why I think these debates are pointless. Everyone has their own opinion, so there truly is no god or bad album. It is what each one of us likes and dislikes about them.

SpainSambora 08-26-2003 11:53 PM

Re: When will Bon Jovi make an great album again?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thierry
Just trying to be controversial again. Well everyone has to admit though, that These Days was their last masterpiece. Bounce and Crush are ok, but nothing special. And One Wild Night 1985-2001 was a sorry excuse for a live album.

I hope the acoustic album will be a good album, not another OWN

Santa_Fe 08-26-2003 11:54 PM

When they find a great producer. Or produce a record themselves.

SpainSambora 08-26-2003 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Santa_Fe
When they find a great producer. Or produce a record themselves.

Good point

RichieW2001 08-26-2003 11:57 PM

when will they make another great album? probably the next time they make one. when will they make an album that pleases everyone? probably never.

SpainSambora 08-27-2003 12:02 AM

But as you can see in all the polls, people prefer These Days, New Jersey or Keep the faith to Bounce or Crush.

Because the 2 last albums are weak

RichieW2001 08-27-2003 12:11 AM

they aren't the best no and it's all because they haven't realised yet that they can't keep up with JT and christina. however, they won't please everyone and i certainly can't see another these days being produced.

Mousebounce 08-27-2003 12:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RichieW2001
they aren't the best no and it's all because they haven't realised yet that they can't keep up with JT and christina. however, they won't please everyone and i certainly can't see another these days being produced.

I wouldn't want another These Days. :twisted: Now NJ is a different story.... :lol:

RichieW2001 08-27-2003 12:14 AM

Quote:

Quote:

I wouldn't want another These Days. :twisted: Now NJ is a different story.... :lol:

why didn't you tell us earlier?

Mousebounce 08-27-2003 12:36 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I like to be mysterious. :rainbowa:

RichieW2001 08-27-2003 12:38 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

and the 'fro is supposed to represent what exactly?!

Thierry 08-27-2003 12:42 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Mouse, you bounce too much :D

Mousebounce 08-27-2003 12:45 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Mouse, you bounce too much :D

:cry:

Keba 08-27-2003 01:03 AM

I don't want another New Jersey cuz I already got one!

StoneDeaf 08-27-2003 01:05 AM

"next good album...."....well, as soon as Jon wins Oscar...

uh and these days is so full of s**t that it can't even be flushed down the toilet without making a flood, I sure hope they NEVER make anything like that again!....

stone

Youth Gone Jersey 08-27-2003 01:06 AM

Kurt Angle would kick Tank Abbotts ass

Keba 08-27-2003 01:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StoneDeaf
"next good album...."....well, as soon as Jon wins Oscar...

uh and these days is so full of s**t that it can't even be flushed down the toilet without making a flood, I sure hope they NEVER make anything like that again!....

stone

So, you're not a These Days fan? That makes six, so far. I think. Maybe. I lost count.

Shaun 08-27-2003 03:36 AM

with a few exceptions.....i thought Bounce was a great album

but people think differently of what a great album is....not everyone will see an album in the same way so its hard to tell

Sambo-Chris 08-27-2003 07:14 AM

Quote:

Well everyone has to admit though, that These Days was their last masterpiece.

Really everyone? You think it's a masterpiece but I for example find it too slow. No or at least only 2 rock songs.

Jag 08-27-2003 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sambo-Chris
Quote:

Well everyone has to admit though, that These Days was their last masterpiece.

Really everyone? You think it's a masterpiece but I for example find it too slow. No or at least only 2 rock songs.

i agree, there was this interview i saw once and jon goes 'we have the rock songs on there like Hey god, Damned...erm..hey god....' :roll:

still a very good album tho

Heavenly 08-27-2003 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jag
jon goes 'we have the rock songs on there like Hey god, Damned...erm..hey god....' :roll:

This is good :lol:
Never heard of it :?

Neurotica80 08-27-2003 11:33 AM

Ok ive read all this thread and decided Bon Jovi will make another "great" album in some people eyes. Others will think its ok, average or absolute crap. I dont class Bounce as "great" but it was still my favorite album of 2002 by a long way. No-one knows what kind of album (not accoustic) will get released next. Who would have thought such a dark album like These Days would have followed KTF.