Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Who has met Jon? (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=68754)

trevrox 10-15-2014 02:22 AM

Who has met Jon?

Curious, has anyone here met Jon? Please describe! What was it like? What was he like?

If you haven't met him, do you have any idea what you would say to him if you did? I have no f*cking clue what I would say. I guess just "thank you".

Thierry 10-15-2014 07:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trevrox (Post 1182616)
Curious, has anyone here met Jon? Please describe! What was it like? What was he like?

If you haven't met him, do you have any idea what you would say to him if you did? I have no f*cking clue what I would say. I guess just "thank you".

Yes I've met him. He was nice - had a chat for a few minutes and requested some songs.

Fredrik 10-15-2014 09:47 AM

Met him back in the summer of 1995 for a couple of minutes, nice guy. Talked mostly about the then latest record These Days. He was down to earth but felt more like a rock star than what comes across today. He was really passionate about the music, the people and the shows.

Walkerboy 10-15-2014 10:16 AM

Met him in 1996 on the set of The Leading Man (I'm in the background in the scene where he puts his number on a woman's leg).
I was special on-set VIP for a day, which included limo pick-up from station, my name is on the call sheet for that day's filming and I got to spend some time with Jon as well as the Director and Editor.

Really nice down-to-earth guy back then, before he seemed to become Mr Corporate. We joked around between takes, and I asked him about the Destination Anywhere lyric book that had just gone missing.
Got a bunch of stuff signed too.
He also told me that if I needed any tickets etc. for the summer tour to get in touch with "person A" and he would ensure it would all get sorted.
It never came to fruition though....:(

In the end I managed to get hold of a FAX number at BJ Management offices, told them the story, had a bit of a moan and I received a personalised signed photo.

trevrox 10-15-2014 04:20 PM

I'm insanely jealous! He seems like he'd be a real nice guy in person, glad to hear it's true. Love hearing stories from people who have met him

Becky 10-16-2014 12:39 AM

I met him in 1998. He was exceptionally nice and easy to be around. I thought I'd be a nervous wreck if I ever met him, but he put me at ease. I told him how much his music meant to me and I asked if I could get an autograph for a friend who wanted to be at the event, but her father had died the day before. He gave me an autograph for her and an autograph for me too. He also was happy to pose for a picture and gave me a hug. I don't think I could have asked for a better experience meeting a celebrity. He was really down to earth. There were several people there who were obviously mentally and/or physically handicapped and he took special care to take time with them. I was impressed because so many people are stand offish or uncomfortable with people who are disabled.

trevrox 10-16-2014 01:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Becky (Post 1182635)
I met him in 1998. He was exceptionally nice and easy to be around. I thought I'd be a nervous wreck if I ever met him, but he put me at ease. I told him how much his music meant to me and I asked if I could get an autograph for a friend who wanted to be at the event, but her father had died the day before. He gave me an autograph for her and an autograph for me too. He also was happy to pose for a picture and gave me a hug. I don't think I could have asked for a better experience meeting a celebrity. He was really down to earth. There were several people there who were obviously mentally and/or physically handicapped and he took special care to take time with them. I was impressed because so many people are stand offish or uncomfortable with people who are disabled.

Thank you for that story! Jon seems like a great guy, very down to earth. I've heard one story from someone who met him saying he's "an asshole" but I've never really bought it. Thanks! :)

Kathleen 10-16-2014 02:32 AM

I met him in 2010 at a Best Buy CD signing in New York City. We were told while in line "absolutely no pictures". I think close to one thousand people showed up and they were not prepared to handle that many. Luckily (thanks to Deb) I had a wristband and we were in the front of the line.

I was able to speak to each of them. I was able to tell David that I had just seen Memphis and loved it. But the part that was important (to me) was being able to tell both Jon and Richie how much their music had meant to me over the years and to say "thank you". That was really all there was time for but I was happy to be able to deliver that message in person.

Since we were among the first people inside - they all were still very gracious and pleasant. I also got my copy of The Circle signed. It was a real treat.

Santa Fe 10-16-2014 12:28 PM

I met him in Paris 4 years ago , he wasn't very nice !

semigoodlookin 10-16-2014 01:44 PM

I have never met him personally, but I know maybe a couple of dozen people who have, whether they are fans or through the PR industry. As you may expect with any person, it's a mixed bag of "he's very nice", "he was normal", and "he was a dick" with the weight being on the first of those three.

Not bad, if I had people wanting to meet me all the time I would be a douche constantly. I am not one of these who even wants to meet him, I wouldn't stand it, and I do not know why some people (not just BJ fans) think that someone in the public eye needs to be nice to have themselves validated further. If Jon for example is a dick, let him be a dick (the consensus seems to be he generally isn't), it doesn't change what he has done and ultimately what people enjoy him for.