Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   New Bon Jovi Releases (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Will you buy the House album? (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=69629)

It's my faith 09-01-2016 12:14 AM

Will you buy the House album?

Giving that we live in 2016, in a world where all the songs will be uploaded on Spotify and Youtube the day of the official release, I was wondering...

Will you buy the album? And why?

If yes, is it because you still find the cd/vinyl useful or is it to just support the band (by buying the cd/vinyl/mp3s)?
If no, is it because you use Spotify, or you don't buy albums generally anymore, or because you think it doesn't worth it? Or something else?

------------
My reply:
I certainly won't buy the mp3s. I have unlimited data in my phone and use Spotify, why buy something that it is already provided to me in the "same way"? I may buy the CD to support the band...

Alphavictim 09-01-2016 12:56 AM

I'll get the album. Whether that'll be regular or deluxe depends on the price and release - I won't buy mp3s, so if the physical version is regular tracks only (or if the deluxe edition is super expensive), then that's what I'm getting.

jovifan93 09-01-2016 11:19 AM

I'll buy the Deluxe Edition, if there is any, otherwise the normal CD and the bonus tracks on iTunes, probably. Even if the last albums I bought never saw the light of a CD player, I like to have the physical CD in my shelf to look at :-) Consider me old school ;-)

liljovi93 09-01-2016 11:56 AM

I'll always buy the album. I have spotify on my phone myself but for me, nothing beats going into a record store and buying the album.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

Walleris 09-01-2016 12:07 PM

No, I'm a paid subscriber of Spotify and I'm happy that way. I don't see a reason of buying another record ever again, unless it's some masterpiece that's worth adding to the collection. Which this obviously won't be.

Manbou 09-01-2016 01:46 PM

I will surely buy a physical copy.

That's because I'm just a fan of those, like to have something to touch and to look at and also love booklet designs and contents. On the other side I don't buy MP3s at all. I'm also a fan of bonus tracks (which are more often available on CD, if I recall correctly).

Besides that, I'm a fan of giving something in exchange to people who give me something, so "Narrrr, I am not a pirrrrate!" ;) Although I would consider a paid streaming subscription as such an exchange as well.

As I'll be in Japan anyways when the album is getting released, I will most probably fetch it over there directly at the record store, even if the Japanese edition is almost always considerably more expensive than the international one.

steel_horse75 09-01-2016 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by liljovi93 (Post 1205652)
I'll always buy the album. I have spotify on my phone myself but for me, nothing beats going into a record store and buying the album.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

This.......

The fact its my favourite band makes it even more special. I work near a HMV that opens at 8am so ill be in there at 8.30ish!

alice 09-01-2016 03:14 PM

Internet kill the quality of listening music. So I always choose cd or lp. Turn on to my old Sony amplifier and B & W speakers and enjoy in good sound with my favorite band with booklet in ma hands.

bjcrazycpa 09-01-2016 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jovifan93 (Post 1205651)
I'll buy the Deluxe Edition, if there is any, otherwise the normal CD and the bonus tracks on iTunes, probably. Even if the last albums I bought never saw the light of a CD player, I like to have the physical CD in my shelf to look at :-) Consider me old school ;-)

Same for me!!

Bounce7800 09-01-2016 04:16 PM

I'll buy the album from the play store as soon as it's out, helps that I have some credit knocking around to use. I might also get the cd at some point, as someone who used to buy loads of cds every week, it's a shame this is pretty much a dead medium now. Bon Jovi is the only band I'd consider buying a physical release for if only for the sake of completeness.