Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   No Richie on current leg of the tour (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=55338)

CKatz 08-05-2013 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jule225 (Post 1149567)
That's not what you said. You said this:

Now you're saying this:

That's three different stories you've told. I'm going to assume your most recent post is the one you're going to go with. Which answers my question; your source was a tabloid story which Jon has adamantly denied and which I also see no reason to believe a word of, due to an overwhelming lack of evidence.

In the spirit of full disclosure, here's the link:

http://www.tmz.com/2013/04/03/richie...usiness-money/

Actually no. The tmz story is not the one I'm talking about. Look at my post before this one. (Although I trust TMZ more than other gossip sites).
You've also taken what I said out of context: I was trying to say if you believe in one case that the story was leaked by a real source, then it only makes sense to assume the same in the other case. Both are nothing more than assumptions. And I already said I don't believe them.

JoviJovi 08-05-2013 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CKatz (Post 1149563)
I'm talking about the very first tabloid stories that came out in April that claimed to be from sources close to Jon. All of them are at the beginning of this thread somewhere.

I don't remember any if those stories citing a source close to Jon. Also, now of those stories really put Jon in a positive light.

jessycardy 08-05-2013 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CKatz (Post 1149566)
Edit: Let's pretend Sean IS speaking on Richie's behalf (I think he's just a very bad pr person who thinks any publicity is good publicity):
Then that would make the stories a lot more believable which would make Jon look bad.

Yeah, maybe... so? I'm not sure my intent's clear here, but I'm not playing the who-looks-worse game, I'm just offering facts. I have no reason to say Richie's an asshole and I also don't believe Richie's an asshole. But I can't ignore Richie's relationship with that guy, I can't ignore that every gossip article promoted the fashion line (conflict of interest anyone? Borg is the PR of both Richie and NikkiRich) and I can't ignore that the rest of the band remained quite silent on the matter for the most part, while we keep hearing bullshit from his side of the fence, whatever his involvement in this game. I believe that Borg person has a lot to gain from this and has a major role in how bad it all looks to us. The point is things have got to a point where, no matter how hard I try, I just can't pretend anymore that Richie has no clue whatsoever about what's being said and done. And that doesn't make him look any good either, I think.

And given that my love for him and the way I miss him have remained totally unchanged, it's not easy for me to say any of this, believe me. I just wish he could get rid of those damn gold-diggers around him once and for all and just handle this on his own. He's either being brainwashed or he's playing their game. Both scenarios are dreadful to me.

CKatz 08-05-2013 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jessycardy (Post 1149571)
Yeah, maybe... so? I'm not sure my intent's clear here, but I'm not playing the who-looks-worse game, I'm just offering facts. I have no reason to say Richie's an asshole and I also don't believe Richie's an asshole. But I can't ignore Richie's relationship with that guy, I can't ignore that every gossip article promoted the fashion line (conflict of interest anyone? Borg is the PR of both Richie and NikkiRich) and I can't ignore that the rest of the band remained quite silent on the matter for the most part, while we keep hearing bullshit from his side of the fence, whatever his involvement in this game. I believe that Borg person has a lot to gain from this and has a major role in how bad it all looks to us. The point is things have got to a point where, no matter how hard I try, I just can't pretend anymore that Richie has no clue whatsoever about what's being said and done. And that doesn't make him look any good either, I think.

And given that my love for him and the way I miss him have remained totally unchanged, it's not easy for me to say any of this, believe me. I just wish he could get rid of those damn gold-diggers around him once and for all and just handle this on his own. He's either being brainwashed or he's playing their game. Both scenarios are dreadful to me.

I agree with you about Sean. I don't think his motives are pure either. But he's only been around for a few months. Hopefully, he'll disappear just as quickly. He's not doing anyone any favours.

CKatz 08-05-2013 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jule225 (Post 1149573)
I'll quote the entire post for context:

I'm not taking what you said out of context. I'm taking your words quite literally. You may have meant something else, but it's not what you said. There's not one word in this post that implies you didn't believe what you were saying. Not that I think you did, though I do think you were trying to make other people believe it. What you're saying now simply does not match up with what you said in the post I quoted (in it's entirety, for context.)

(Also, check the post right above yours. I already responded to the Naughty But Nice Rob article.)

Let's not forget the most important thing here; there is no evidence anywhere suggesting that Jon has leaked anything.

I tried my best to make it clear how I meant it. I didn't word it in the best way, but I made one assumption in a reply to someone else's. Both are equally far from factual.

CKatz 08-05-2013 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stiggy (Post 1149577)
intresting his pictures on instagram features Scientology..
http://instagram.com/seanborgla#

:o
Now I like him even less. I hope he isn't trying to "recruit".

JoviJovi 08-05-2013 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CKatz (Post 1149579)
:o
Now I like him even less. I hope he isn't trying to "recruit".

They are ALWAYS trying to recruit. I have done some research about the cult previously and there is some scary shit involved.

CKatz 08-05-2013 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoviJovi (Post 1149580)
They are ALWAYS trying to recruit. I have done some research about the cult previously and there is some scary shit involved.

I have as well. I regularly read Tony Ortega's Anti-Scientology blog The Underground Bunker. I also just finished reading "Going Clear" by Lawrence Wright. I am about to start reading "Beyond Belief" by Jenna Miscavige Hill, the niece of Scientology's leader.
Scary stuff. It's a shame this criminal organization is getting away with their daily abuses by posing as a religion.

Matrix15 08-05-2013 04:28 PM

So are Richie 'Dirty Sanchez' Sambora and Nikki 'Sticky' Lund doing the horizontal tango then? I mean is it actually confirmed he has given her a hot beef injection or is she just like a weird fashion accessory he has on his arm all the time for photos? :wink:

Beaky 08-05-2013 04:36 PM

I think the thing I lost sight of here, before this became a bit of a media frenzy is that there’s obviously a lot of emotion involved for both parties and when you’re hurt, you lash out. You can look at this in black and white and say ‘Jon has been straight down the line,’ absolutely. But this is an emotional, private thing between these guys, even if it’s about business, it’s become personal because both have lacked respect for each other. Here’s how I see it…

Jon has the benefit/curse of being on a world tour and having a mic shoved in his face at every airport, doing press in every city if he wants to and his message was clear… it’s petty going over Jon’s exact words, the fact is 99.9999% of people, having heard or read his statements believed Richie had fallen off the wagon. That doesn’t happen by accident, not with someone who has spent 30 years talking to the press. This was Jon angry, hurt, disappointed, left in the lurch and lashing out. If Richie has left because he’s a twat, I can totally understand that.

Richie doesn’t have a press call for a tour, he isn’t meeting journalists in hotels to talk about a show. But now, he is being branded a drunk/druggy etc. Just because he is famous, just because he’s been a drunk and a druggy before, it doesn’t really seem like something he should sit and take on the chin. His daughter’s friends probably read that, his Mum might have seen it, people he works with in his other associations or charities; people he has acquaintances with but doesn’t know well enough to say ‘hey, look, this is bullsh*t, I just fell out with Jon.’ So what does he do? He works with a PR for his fashion line, so he meets him and gives a statement. I just cannot see anyone else doing anything different here. Could he have gone to the mainstream press directly? Absolutely. Would it have been handled any better? How could it have been? It’s a mess. As with most things that involve friendships breaking down.

The problem is, there are some common misconceptions on here. Firstly, I don’t know Sean Borg but I know plenty of people who guys on here would probably consider ‘gutter journalists’. The fact is, Richie obviously trusts him. You go to a PR when you want to make sure that your message will not get misconstrued. The difference is, Jon can sit in a room with A.Journo and say ‘he quoted me out of context’, Richie can’t. That arrangement, for the messages they are putting out, suits both of them. Jon can say ‘I didn’t mean it like that,’ whereas Sean Borg can sell the story saying ‘a source close to Sambora says… ‘ when HE is the source.

Look, I like/dislike Jon and Richie about the same amount at the moment. I have been labelled as anti-Jon because of the MASSIVE RS backlash that has gone on over the last few months. Jon has spent years getting bashed as the CEO, the Stink-Eye Hitler, etc… It’s almost like people have rejoiced in saying ‘I ****ING KNEW RICHIE WAS A TWAT ALL ALONG!’ The posting of the interview with his ex-girlfriend trashing him, constant, horrible pot-shots at the fashion line, his daughter’s acting ambitions, basically anything that doesn’t involve him being ‘faithful’ to Jon – it’s all gotten a bit ‘Twilight’… I feel like it’s turned us all into overweight teen girls who fight the corner of the blonde one or the dark haired one ‘cos one day he is definitely going to turn up and marry me.’

People are fond of saying ‘I am going to wait until I know what’s going on’ but no one has, minds are made up and in the absence of fact, we’re all guilty of twisting the fiction to suit our own emotions.