Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   KTF an Evening With BJ rehearsal - Interpretation (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=68729)

bjmjpl 09-26-2014 01:57 AM

granted im barely looking in here any more but this is the best thread i have seen in quite a while and what a priceless artifact of history! where has this been the whole time:!

i cant wait for part 2 and havent gotten to styg yet but i have done 2 hours - so goooood i dont like how jon treats alec but have no real idea on the dynamics there

but yes you can really see jon the connsumate pro and musician - dont know if it makes me feel better about the situation now or worse...but oh man what i would have given to have this back in the day

this is GREAT - who had this and what other stuff do they have?@@?

noticed the same thing about tico and it is fascinating to see them work on one song for over an hour that never even makes it....

what a concept....rehearsing....

GREAT thread

Rdkopper 09-26-2014 02:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nikos greece (Post 1182127)
since you ve listened to the whole video could you post some time links that you think are interesting like the one in 28.sth...?
it looks like there is a subtle dispute between alec and jon, jon says songs like stick to your guns wouldnt fit in the set, and alec says there are other cowboy songs there like blaze of glory..

I wish I did make notations but I listened to this in my car during my travels while sitting in traffic.

The whole Alec thing always baffles me. The guy gets replaced around '94. Then Jon says he thinks about him on the Behind The Music special. Alec must have seen it so he reaches out to Jon (or Jon could have reached out to him for all we know). Then he makes an appearance during a song in 2001, 7 years after his departure. Even if you watch that performance closely, Jon never really warms up to Alec or makes eye contact but Alec tries to do that with him. Here we are 13 years later and there is no Alec sightings. Not even a mention! No one ever thought to even ask during an interview.

Rdkopper 09-26-2014 02:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bjmjpl (Post 1182152)
granted im barely looking in here any more but this is the best thread i have seen in quite a while and what a priceless artifact of history! where has this been the whole time:!

i cant wait for part 2 and havent gotten to styg yet but i have done 2 hours - so goooood i dont like how jon treats alec but have no real idea on the dynamics there

but yes you can really see jon the connsumate pro and musician - dont know if it makes me feel better about the situation now or worse...but oh man what i would have given to have this back in the day

this is GREAT - who had this and what other stuff do they have?@@?

noticed the same thing about tico and it is fascinating to see them work on one song for over an hour that never even makes it....

what a concept....rehearsing....

GREAT thread

Thanks Man! There is so much in these performances that could be analysed. By the way, part 2 is out there.

trevrox 09-26-2014 06:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bjmjpl (Post 1182152)

Maybe it has something to do with that gun Alec was waving in Jon's face!

Not that it matters. Bullets don't kill Jon Bon Jovi.

bjmjpl 09-26-2014 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trevrox (Post 1182161)
Maybe it has something to do with that gun Alec was waving in Jon's face!

Not that it matters. Bullets don't kill Jon Bon Jovi.

Yes thanks - My mentor Kathleen jsut caught me up :)!

Rdkopper 09-27-2014 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bjmjpl (Post 1182173)
Yes thanks - My mentor Kathleen jsut caught me up :)!

Nice! Ask your mentor Kathleen to provide you with the Track Listing for the new 30th CD too.

You guys just ruined that one.

trevrox 09-27-2014 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1182192)
Nice! Ask your mentor Kathleen to provide you with the Track Listing for the new 30th CD too.

What did I ruin?

bonjovi90 09-28-2014 02:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1182192)

I've no idea how this one thing should lead to the other one?

Kathleen 09-28-2014 04:08 AM

Quote:

As you know I have you blocked, but you were quoted several times so I saw your rude comments. I helped a friend out - why does that upset you so much? These recordings from Kaufman Studios were shared as lossless files on my site last January with lots of discussion. Nothing was ruined by me sharing them with a friend.

And if I knew the track listing for the 30th Anniversary CD I would not be able to share it here in any case :roll:

Rdkopper 09-28-2014 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trevrox (Post 1182198)
What did I ruin?

Trevrox - Sorry man - I misread your reply. My Bad

BonJovi90 - You're right! It has nothing to do with this. You're one of the good guys here and if I ever get this thing, I'll PM it to you. I'm dealing with a friends friend so it's third party. Not easy.

Kathleen - I doubt your file is real "lossless". Someone just ran an MP3 through a program. I'm not sure why you wouldn't share the track listing here, if you found it? And apparently you have your own site. Sounds like it's as interesting and informative as your posts here. Good Luck!!!