Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Bon Jovi Mentioned on Full House (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=22224)

RyanBounce04 01-28-2004 03:15 PM

Bon Jovi Mentioned on Full House

The T.V. show back in the early 90's!! I was watching it last night and it was an episode with the Beach Boys. Anyways, here are the lines...

BB: Who's DJ Tanner?
DJ: I am
BB: We here your not coming to the concert tonight, Bon Jovi in town?
DJ: Nah, it's not that... I can't decide who to take!

Pretty cool! :)

Ryan

Becky 01-28-2004 03:53 PM

My brother saw that last night and mentioned it to me.

Becky

jenn1189 01-28-2004 04:59 PM

Woah! Now that you've brought it up, I remember seeing that episode when it was first on! :oops:

bob 01-28-2004 05:02 PM

also in married with childen where Bud made a bon jovi joke

Shai Hulud 01-28-2004 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bob
also in married with childen where Bud made a bon jovi joke

Yeah I saw that. What was that about again??

bob 01-28-2004 05:13 PM

8) about hair :D

sonibj 01-28-2004 05:17 PM

Have you seen Mr. Bean film? They talk a long time 'bout JON BON JOVI and they joke

Captain.Crash 01-28-2004 05:47 PM

i was watching Full House last night too.....that was hilarious!

bj4ever 01-28-2004 06:12 PM

I didn't that episode but I know they mentionned bon jovi once on save by the bell, another time they mention jbj on that show also and once they did on friends talk about jbj

Rune 01-28-2004 06:17 PM

yeah, I know....

(Jon) Bon Jovi is also meantionned on Everybody Loves Raymond...

Waggy 01-28-2004 06:19 PM

Also a BJ mention on a Blind Date episode I watched once. The girl jilted the guy saying "You give love a bad name." or something like that.

davefan 01-28-2004 06:26 PM

for Full house, I always thought when Jesse became a rock star in japan he was a total JBJ copy lol.
they plaid IML at least the music at an mtv made episode even more than one, it`s just music no singing but I`m sure they used it sometimes

kety 01-28-2004 06:50 PM

wow i didn`t know all that.thanks
someone told me that BJ was mentioned on sopranos

jenn1189 01-28-2004 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davefan
for Full house, I always thought when Jesse became a rock star in japan he was a total JBJ copy lol.
they plaid IML at least the music at an mtv made episode even more than one, it`s just music no singing but I`m sure they used it sometimes

I've actually heard a lot of Bon Jovi music as the backing music to shows on MTV. I remember watching a show one time on MTV about people who went to Hollywood to persue their acting/singing/modeling dreams...they were playing Richie's Stranger In This Town as the backing music.

Cowgirl77 01-28-2004 07:13 PM

Jon is mentioned in "Love Actually" as well

And on an episode of "The Munsters Today" Eddie interviews Jon. You never actually see Jon, and it's def. not his voice you hear....

Miracle 01-28-2004 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kety

There was an scene where Bon Jovi came on the radio and Adrianna says "Go Jovi" or something along those lines.

Stephanie

Captain.Crash 01-28-2004 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miracle
Quote:

There was an scene where Bon Jovi came on the radio and Adrianna says "Go Jovi" or something along those lines.

Stephanie

They were playing Bad Name on their stereo and she said something like "Now that's and F****** SH**, Jovi!"

DevilsSon 01-28-2004 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cowgirl77
Jon is mentioned in "Love Actually" as well

And on an episode of "The Munsters Today" Eddie interviews Jon. You never actually see Jon, and it's def. not his voice you hear....

What's THE MUNSTERS TODAY and who is Eddie?

However, I know 3 BJ mentions in AL Bundy.
The first one was when Bud went out to pick up some chicks and he siad he is doing a rock video and his name is Bud...Bud Bon Jovi.

the second time is when Al decided to be "cool" and wanted to go out with Bud .And Bud said something lkike You don't look like Bon Jovi.

And the 3d one, i even have a mini clip of it , is when Kelly becoms some car girl and she says:
"Today the Allante girl...tomorrow,slut in a Bon Jovi video!"
"Reaching for the stars Kel!?"

and there were several other BJ mentions in other shows,even Friends, but i have never seen anybody wearig a BJ shirt.

By the way, the girl in Full House has a BJ poster on her wall.It's actually a big MNew Jersey cover.Just be attentive when you watch it again.

Miracle 01-28-2004 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain.Crash
Quote:

Originally Posted by Miracle
Quote:

Stephanie

They were playing Bad Name on their stereo and she said something like "Now that's and F****** SH**, Jovi!"

I miss the Sopranos :lol:

Stephanie

davefan 01-29-2004 12:32 AM

at The Nanny was a mention too, should be from the beginning of the 90's. It's been a while that I saw it not sure but it was like Fran (the nanny) was showing a picture of Jon to Maggie (the oldest girl) and she`s like "who is that?" Fran told her about him and she seemed to adore him, but and Maggie thought he's to hairy. No taste really!

ShaSha 02-04-2004 03:46 AM

Bon Jovi was mentioned again on Full House tonight. Jesse was about to do a show and Danny looked at the leather jacket he was wearing and said "Nice look... did Bon Jovi have a garage sale?" :lol:

Ahhh how I love Full House. For sure one of the best television shows ever made. And now it's on 8 times a day. :D

RyanBounce04 02-04-2004 04:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShaSha
Bon Jovi was mentioned again on Full House tonight. Jesse was about to do a show and Danny looked at the leather jacket he was wearing and said "Nice look... did Bon Jovi have a garage sale?" :lol:

Ahhh how I love Full House. For sure one of the best television shows ever made. And now it's on 8 times a day. :D

Man, I am going to watch that tonight at 11!!! :D

Ryan

ShaSha 02-04-2004 04:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RyanBounce04
Quote:

Ryan

Well you can try but it won't be on til 4am. :wink:

RyanBounce04 02-04-2004 04:35 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Ryan

I have like 4 Nick Channels and they show the re-runs from earlier at 11 PM :)

Ryan

ponrauil 02-04-2004 05:51 AM

I remember an ex teasing me because she'd seen an episode of Beverly Hills 90210 with a special appearance from NKOTB. Some of the heroes were anxious about meeting them, so to reassure them a NKOTB bloke said it had been the same for them when they met Bon Jovi, and that they had been a huge influence. Hence the teasing. :? :D

Ponrauil

ShaSha 02-04-2004 05:58 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Ryan

I have like 4 Nick Channels and they show the re-runs from earlier at 11 PM :)

Ryan

Oh I see. I'm used to crappy college cable where we only get one Nick. Although now that I think about it, it's kind of funny that a COLLEGE would get any Nick at all. :lol:

Cowgirl77 02-04-2004 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DevilsSon

The Munsters Today is a crappy tv-series from the 80's, the family are monsters, hence the title. The son Eddie is a vampire, the uncle looks like the Frankenstein monster and so on...

http://www.classictvhits.com/munsters/munsterstoday/

DevilsSon 02-04-2004 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cowgirl77
Quote:

Originally Posted by DevilsSon

The Munsters Today is a crappy tv-series from the 80's, the family are monsters, hence the title. The son Eddie is a vampire, the uncle looks like the Frankenstein monster and so on...

http://www.classictvhits.com/munsters/munsterstoday/

Oh thanks.I know it.It has only another title in Romanian.
And i tought it's some cartoon where Iron Maiden's Eddie appeares..

davefan 02-04-2004 11:14 PM

I forgot it till I saw it again today well it`s not mention but in Sabrina on her first day on college she comes to the appartement and switches on the stereo it plays iml, it`s so cool the way she jumps arround it just shows what the song is there for :D

RyanBounce04 02-05-2004 03:34 AM

Told ya ShaSha... Saw it last night!

Ryan

jovi29579 02-05-2004 03:44 AM

The mention in Friends, was more of a joke. It was Jon Favreau with the line, "Look, I know Im no Jon Bon Jovi.......or someone you find attractive".

Must be said, at the time, 1997, JB wasn't at the peak of fame!

Miracle 02-05-2004 03:55 AM

I've heard references to Bon Jovi in Saved By The Bell and Family Guy. In SBTB, Zach had some sort of dating service and was asking people to describe their ideal mate. There was this rocker girl and she said, "Jon Bon Jovi rocks my world". On Family Guy, Peter walks into a room and instead of saying Bonjour, he says "Bon Jovi"

Stephanie

captainkidd4ever 02-05-2004 04:05 AM

gotta love it!

bejt 02-06-2004 01:29 AM

Hey
Could anybody give me the exact citation from the Sopranos
and also number of of season amd episode?
thanks a lot!