Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   No Richie on current leg of the tour (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=55338)

Walleris 04-15-2013 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Becky (Post 1122547)
I think the lack of Richie sightings and tweetings indicates he's in rehab. He snuck in through the back door so the paparazzi wouldn't see him and everyone on the inside is tied to confidentiality laws to protect him. It what makes the most sense at this point. He may be in some facility in Utah or somewhere else out of the limelight.

My thoughts exactly. This theory was initially rejected, because Richie "looked fit and sounded great", but when you think of all the other theories the people here have come up with, the "Richie was in too good of a shape to be in rehab" is weaker than arguments against other theories. Especially, after it was pointed out by someone (don't remember by who, sorry!) that he probably doesn't want to admit it this time, because it's humiliating for him and the comparing this situation to bad relationships I felt was on the spot too.

If that's indeed true, I just feel sorry for Jon for having to take all that crap for being "greedy with money" or "belittling Richie" and "finally kick him out of the band" if it turns out that in fact he is just protecting Richie's privacy and image.

Bounce7800 04-15-2013 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Walleris (Post 1122549)

If that's indeed true, I just feel sorry for Jon for having to take all that crap for being "greedy with money" or "belittling Richie" and "finally kick him out of the band" if it turns out that in fact he is just protecting Richie's privacy and image.

I'm sure Jon couldn't give a shiny shit about those news reports if that was the case, as he would know they are bullshit. If anything he is probably laughing at the rumours made up if he does know the real reason. He has enough of a distrust of the press anyway, this wont have changed that.

Walleris 04-15-2013 11:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bounce7800 (Post 1122550)
I'm sure Jon couldn't give a shiny shit about those news reports if that was the case, as he would know they are bullshit. If anything he is probably laughing at the rumours made up if he does know the real reason. He has enough of a distrust of the press anyway, this wont have changed that.

He may not care about media much himself, but he knows that a percentage of his audience is "intelectually challanged" (not literally off course, but I'm talking a casual woman who screams when he shakes his ass during We Got It Goin' On) and those people are probably gonna believe everything they read about Jon and that off course affects his image and perhaps a person believes these stories, declares Jon an asshole and guilty in this situation and decides not to buy a ticket to an upcoming show.

Kathleen 04-15-2013 11:48 PM

Quote:

I think the lack of Richie sightings and tweetings indicates he's in rehab. He snuck in through the back door so the paparazzi wouldn't see him and everyone on the inside is tied to confidentiality laws to protect him. It what makes the most sense at this point. He may be in some facility in Utah or somewhere else out of the limelight.

I (reluctantly) came to the same conclusion a few days ago. As you say - it makes the most sense. Personally I would rather hear some honesty but obviously he need not advertise this.

DestinationJovi 04-16-2013 12:00 AM

Quote:

I agree that it's what makes the most sense given his history and that he has seemed to disappear, but the previous times it was so obvious that he was headed there. He was a sloppy mess on stage. I didn't think he gave any indication on the first leg that he had fallen off the wagon. I suppose it could've happened while he was on vacation in Hawaii though. It just seems sudden if that's the case.

The Rock 04-16-2013 12:04 AM

Quote:

I am incline to believe this too. Wouldn't Richie want to be seen, to at least dispel the rumors? There are stories that he was kicked off due to booze and women. If we saw a picture of him, we could confirm for ourselves that he fine and maybe there is truth to the story that TMZ first ran. The fact, that Richie is not showing himself either, speaks volumes. If he was indeed fighting with Jon, I think he would go out on purpose in his way of giving the finger to Jon, if they were fighting.

DestinationJovi 04-16-2013 12:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kathleen (Post 1122552)
I (reluctantly) came to the same conclusion a few days ago. As you say - it makes the most sense. Personally I would rather hear some honesty but obviously he need not advertise this.

I agree. I think it was only advertised in the past because the first time was immediately following his DUI and the second time right after the CMT Unplugged show in 2007. After both incidents he kind of had to make it public since he publicly showed he desperately needed it.

Becky 04-16-2013 12:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Rock (Post 1122554)
I am incline to believe this too. Wouldn't Richie want to be seen, to at least dispel the rumors? There are stories that he was kicked off due to booze and women. If we saw a picture of him, we could confirm for ourselves that he fine and maybe there is truth to the story that TMZ first ran. The fact, that Richie is not showing himself either, speaks volumes. If he was indeed fighting with Jon, I think he would go out on purpose in his way of giving the finger to Jon, if they were fighting.

My thoughts exactly. If he were fighting with Jon, I'd expect him to be out and about and showing that he was fine.

samboraisgodUK 04-16-2013 12:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DestinationJovi (Post 1122555)
I agree. I think it was only advertised in the past because the first time was immediately following his DUI and the second time right after the CMT Unplugged show in 2007. After both incidents he kind of had to make it public since he publicly showed he desperately needed it.

What about his stint in rehab in 2011 then?

DestinationJovi 04-16-2013 02:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by samboraisgodUK (Post 1122563)
What about his stint in rehab in 2011 then?

Good point. I don't recall anything specific happening before he checked himself into rehab in 2011. Maybe he just made it public since it's a valid reason to miss a leg of the tour. I guess if he is back in rehab, as others have said, a 3rd stint and a 2nd missed tour leg because of it is probably embarrassing.

Still seems odd to me though that he didn't notify Jon until 3:30 show day.