Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Why I am done... (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=69425)

faith1985 02-10-2016 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sundaymike (Post 1198842)
Wow! You sound way to investested for your own good. Probably healthy for you to have some time off from the Bongiovis.

Oh I am always invested in the things I like and tend to overdo things, yes. But I am trying to live up to my ideals to treat people equally. There are different sides here. And as I said I am done. people might think I am naive or stupid, bu I am not, I am just too idealistic for my own good.

rolo_tomachi 02-10-2016 07:07 PM

I'm sorry but this is just nonsense. And I give a shit. If Jon makes a great song, I do not care if your soul chiken is a total fraud. The great song is what matters to me. And the same happens with other artists, his art is the most important.

My problem is that Jon no longer makes good songs, it all sounds repetitive and with a lack of creativity, it is pure laziness.

And, honesty of Jon was never his forte.

faith1985 02-10-2016 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1198845)
I'm sorry but this is just nonsense. And I give a shit. If Jon makes a great song, I do not care if your soul chiken is a total fraud. The great song is what matters to me. And the same happens with other artists, his art is the most important.

My problem is that Jon no longer makes good songs, it all sounds repetitive and with a lack of creativity, it is pure laziness.

Otherwise, honesty Jon was never his forte.

Well, John merges these things like no other artist I listen to. He is Bono 2.0..
It is a business for him and that is it! That IS one of the main reasons why his music sucks.
Jon talks about being an artist but he doesn't mean what he sings That's why it is cheesy or bland.

rocknation 02-10-2016 07:26 PM

But you'll miss his birthday coronation...I mean, celebration!

http://www.drycounty.com/jovitalk/bo...t-2016-t69426/

:new-bday:

Becky 02-10-2016 08:59 PM

If you elevate someone to the position of a god or even a hero, you're likely going to be disappointed when you find out they're human.

Personally, I still admire Jon as an artist and a human being even though I don't agree with everything he does or says. I don't think he's perfect, but I don't think he's the devil that people around here make him out to be either. He's just human.

But there's a reason I've never gotten his name tattooed on my shoulder too. You never know what anyone is hiding in their closet. A person is just a person. Even the best people have their faults. That's a hard lesson to learn for celebrity worshipers. I think there are far worse people to have hitched your star to.

Lucas_Roli 02-10-2016 09:01 PM

I don't get why so many people take interest in Jon so much nowadays. He used to be a great rockstar who really enjoyed making music and performing it.

I gotta admit, at first when I saw how much he had changed since his younger days I got very frustrated and kept lying to myself that he's the same guy but the truth is that he isn't.

I'm still hoping that he'll release another decent album like BB which I really enjoyed but I know we'll never get something magic like their 4 golden albums ever again. To me Bitter Wine marked the end of the "real" Bon Jovi, the Bon Jovi I want to remember.

liljovi93 02-10-2016 09:40 PM

This is such a stupid post. Why on earth have you even done this?

Why the hell have you mentioned the Soul Kitchen so much as part of your reason for you being done when you claim you haven't even met him but go on about other people he knows or work for him.

Sounds to me like you keep going the Soul Kitchen in the hope that you will meet him but are frustrated that you haven't and this is getting to you more and more. I love some restaurants in my city and the staff are always welcoming but I don't think I have been somewhere almost 20 times as much as I like the place. And in these places I have friends too.

If this is your reason for being 'done' then it's got to be one of the stupidest things I have ever read on this forum.

I totally understand people being 'done' because the music isn't anywhere as good as it used to be. My brother was one of them and I totally understand that reason. This is silly.

You also mention in another topic that you are done but may go 'once more in seats' - well that's not being done. That's you trying to tell yourself you are done but you aren't. You either are done and don't go at all or you aren't and you go again. Simple as.

Some people on here don't half love the attention. It's quite pathetic that some people are like this.

Roll 02-10-2016 10:51 PM

Stupidest.topic.ever.

JackieBlue 02-10-2016 10:56 PM

PEOPLE!! C'mon... Give a girl a break. She has an opinion and she stated it, along with her reasons for said opinion. She wasn't abusive. She didn't derail an existing thread to do so. She even started a new thread in the General BJ Discussion Forum (which exists, if I can still read and comprehend correctly, to allow for comments about "everything related to Bon Jovi (the band or individual members') activities ..."). She clearly titled the thread in such a way as to give fair warning about the content of her post.

I don't understand the problem. If you don't want to read what she has to say, then don't read it! It's not rocket science. Jeez!!

It seems to me that Jon's use of the words "integrity" and "character" to describe the upcoming album may have set her off and, while there are obviously some who only care about work product and couldn't care less if the artists they listen to aren't what they seem, that can be important to others. It's an opinion, FFS!

(And this is mine, so deal with it!) :p

BTW, faith1985, I mean no disrespect by using third person as if you're not in the room. But I was talking about you, not to you. :D

Carry on...

faith1985 02-10-2016 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by liljovi93 (Post 1198853)
This is such a stupid post. Why on earth have you even done this?

Why the hell have you mentioned the Soul Kitchen so much as part of your reason for you being done when you claim you haven't even met him but go on about other people he knows or work for him.

Sounds to me like you keep going the Soul Kitchen in the hope that you will meet him but are frustrated that you haven't and this is getting to you more and more. I love some restaurants in my city and the staff are always welcoming but I don't think I have been somewhere almost 20 times as much as I like the place. And in these places I have friends too.

If this is your reason for being 'done' then it's got to be one of the stupidest things I have ever read on this forum.

I totally understand people being 'done' because the music isn't anywhere as good as it used to be. My brother was one of them and I totally understand that reason. This is silly.

You also mention in another topic that you are done but may go 'once more in seats' - well that's not being done. That's you trying to tell yourself you are done but you aren't. You either are done and don't go at all or you aren't and you go again. Simple as.

Some people on here don't half love the attention. It's quite pathetic that some people are like this.

Ok first of all:

No, I did not go there to meet Jon! I was there to meet other people there. 20 times was too much is was around 12, I guess. After I went there with my mother I stayed in contact with someone and believe it or not I never tried to get information I only asked my friend once If she thinks Jon is alright as a human being. That was all. I think if Jon were there while I am there, I would probably leave (I am not kidding, I mean it)

I am a big music nerd in general and being done concerning Bon Jovi means that I am done being excited about their music in particular and not being into the music as I used to because if I think that - and I know many people here disagree - the singer is an asshole or a fake (or any band member of any band for that matter) I can not get into the music and listen to it and make it part of my everyday life.
It is not as simple as people put it here. At least not for me. Not when a band was part of my life for so long (Bon Jovi is not the only band by all means)

And I am not saying I am done only because of the things I experienced at the Soul Kitchen (It is not that the Bongiovis were awful).

But if I listen to music of which i know that it is all an act and if I go to a concert and buy a ticket of which I know will provide money for a charoty foundation that ordered a friend of mine to delete me on facebook, it is wrong.

I will still like the memories of 10 years ago and all my bootlegs and might go to a concert to listen to the music and have fun but the band that is here today with all the fakeness I am not going to enjoy as musch as I used to and that means done for me. There are bands I listen to for fun and there are the ones that meant something to me. And while Bon Jovi are now gone from being one of these special bands for me I think it is now at a point where I do not think I can still give a ****.