Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Why I am done... (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=69425)

faith1985 02-12-2016 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trevrox (Post 1198884)
I'm not sure I understand this Facebook angle...

Me and this person met at Soul Kitchen. From the beginning I made it pretty clear that I am not there to meet Jon.
We started to care for each other and kept in touch. I am from Germany she is from New Jersey and for both of us facebook is a social outlet. She did not post any internal stuff about people who work there. But she is very passionate about her work.
One morning I went on facebook to contact her and found out that she had deleted me. I wrote her on facebook ( I could still contact her) and asked why. so - and she is an honest and straight forward person - she told me what I already posted. I called her at Soul Kitchen and she told me the same.

Facebook is not evil or bad, it is a plattform that was created for people to connect and share what they want from their lives. When a charity organisation tells employees to delete others it is a restriction of someone's freedom.
If that would happen to me here in Germany I would have used my insurance to contact a lawyer. It is against the law for employers to tell employees what they have to do in their free time. They can only tell their employees to not post sensitive stuff about the company they are working for (which my friend did).

bonjovi90 02-12-2016 02:52 PM

So, in essence her employer had told her to delete you from her personal account? At first one should never add his/her boss to a private FB channel and secondly - just set your list of friends on private and no one can see anything. And, as long as you don't post on each other's Facebook wall, they're hardly able to see who anyone is in contact with without reading personal messages.
Sorry but that story is quite hard to believe...

faith1985 02-12-2016 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1198890)
So, in essence her employer had told her to delete you from her personal account? At first one should never add his/her boss to a private FB channel and secondly - just set your list of friends on private and no one can see anything. And, as long as you don't post on each other's Facebook wall, they're hardly able to see who anyone is in contact with without reading personal messages.
Sorry but that story is quite hard to believe...

She did not add her boss. The director of the JBJ Soul Foundation told her to delete friends (Of Course we can still write each other messages) that is not the point. My point was not to explain HOW my friend did something but THAT the direcror ordered her to delete certain people. It was an order from above

DestinationJovi 02-12-2016 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by faith1985 (Post 1198891)
She did not add her boss. The director of the JBJ Soul Foundation told her to delete friends (Of Course we can still write each other messages) that is not the point. My point was not to explain HOW my friend did something but THAT the direcror ordered her to delete certain people. It was an order from above

It's entirely possible that was just an excuse she gave you because she didn't want to hurt your feelings by saying she no longer wanted to be Facebook friends with you. It happens. People grow apart and move on. Why people chase those who delete them asking them why is beyond me.

You can say you never went to the soul kitchen to meet Jon as many times as you'd like, but when you've travelled from Germany to go to the soul kitchen 20 or 12 or however many times, it's obvious what your motives are. There are plenty of soup kitchens all over the world..why Jon's, the lead singer of the band you're a fan of, unless it's because you hope he'll be there.

faith1985 02-12-2016 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DestinationJovi (Post 1198892)
It's entirely possible that was just an excuse she gave you because she didn't want to hurt your feelings by saying she no longer wanted to be Facebook friends with you. It happens. People grow apart and move on. Why people chase those who delete them asking them why is beyond me.

You can say you never went to the soul kitchen to meet Jon as many times as you'd like, but when you've travelled from Germany to go to the soul kitchen 20 or 12 or however many times, it's obvious what your motives are. There are plenty of soup kitchens all over the world..why Jon's, the lead singer of the band you're a fan of, unless it's because you hope he'll be there.

I know my motives I do not care if people believe me. Have you been to that place?
I did not travel to New York because I want to meet Jon. I am a bit obsessed with the East Coast. I like to explore different cultures and meet with people...I support the idea of a Soul Kitchen. Not because I am obsessed with Jon but because I like the idea of creating a special place and caring for other people. I do the same here in Germany or where ever I go. I am friends with someone from New Jersey who has NO connections to Jon Bon what so ever. I have been to New York around 4 times during the last 2 years. I also went to see New England.
Of course Bon Jovi ticked me off because of New Jersey but I am not a fan loving teenager. When I go to places, I want to be part of their communities or get involved with people who are living there,

bjcrazycpa 02-13-2016 05:47 PM

I am sorry you ended up with such a bad taste in your mouth over the Soul Kitchen experience. But, as someone else alluded to I think the friend in question deleting you may have been using the excuse of deleting fans coming from the top, as she herself working so closely with the Bongiovis, just didn't feel comfortable having known fans on her (I think you said it was a her) FB page. I know it's hard but I honestly wouldn't take it personally. And the Soul Kitchen and Jon's Foundation do a ton of good that benefits a lot of people. Only Jon himself knows his motives but in the end if the right folks benefit then I'm good.

Rdkopper 02-13-2016 07:04 PM

The Soul Kitchen does some amazing things and Jon's intentions are all good... I visited there a few times and observed it like it was a Back Stage With JBJ fan club. I'm sure 80% of those volunteers are it's members and the people who manage it seem fake as hell... but unfortunately, that's out of Jon and his wife's control...

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

faith1985 02-14-2016 02:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1198937)
The Soul Kitchen does some amazing things and Jon's intentions are all good... I visited there a few times and observed it like it was a Back Stage With JBJ fan club. I'm sure 80% of those volunteers are it's members and the people who manage it seem fake as hell... but unfortunately, that's out of Jon and his wife's control...

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Ähem..the manager is a friend of Jon's. He just told me without me even mentioning anything relating to Bon Jovi. Some of the people I know who work there bring their kids and many of them are actually annoyed by fans coming there. I talked about the music once with a regular guest and volunteer and he did not know more than two songs and I told him to listen to Dry County :-). He did not care. It is not as if the people working there are obsessed with Jon (that's what I really believe). I talked to quite a few volunteers there and none of them were Bon Jovi fans, well in fact we did not talk about Bon Jovi or Jon AT ALL but we talked about why we were there and about our motives coming there.
I am sure there are people among them who want to meet Jon, but the people I know from there did NEVER post anything online which let me guess their were big Bon Jovi fans or talked about Jon.

The only 2 times where I talked about Jon was when I asked about the honey they offered there and one of them said it was from Jon's bee farm which he started to save taxes :D. And the other time was when the manager told me he is a friend of Jon and Dorothea but I did not say anything back, because I do not want to intrude someone's privacy.

It is quite unfair to accuse people who work there of only being there because they are some kind of fan.

faith1985 02-14-2016 02:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bjcrazycpa (Post 1198930)
I am sorry you ended up with such a bad taste in your mouth over the Soul Kitchen experience. But, as someone else alluded to I think the friend in question deleting you may have been using the excuse of deleting fans coming from the top, as she herself working so closely with the Bongiovis, just didn't feel comfortable having known fans on her (I think you said it was a her) FB page. I know it's hard but I honestly wouldn't take it personally. And the Soul Kitchen and Jon's Foundation do a ton of good that benefits a lot of people. Only Jon himself knows his motives but in the end if the right folks benefit then I'm good.

I do not think she is that kind of person. I am still friends with her daughter on facebook and we are still exchanging messages. When I told her I was mad and said that I am not friends with her because she is related to Jon she said:'you are not but many other people are only coming to the SK because they are fans'
I agree with you that you are ok, as long as the right people are benefiting from it. I do not want Jon to be a saint and I do not think it was Jon's decision but I still think it was a bit unethical. I gave time and money to the Soul Kitchen and in the end I get this as a 'Thank You'. It was just not ok, not because I wanted anything in return for donating or sending chocolate (my friend and others gave me the Bongiovi sauce as a present which I loved and appreciated a lot:-)). But in the end, Jon flatters himself with being the boss of everything so I will not support his brand/organisation/company anymore. I am pissed because I met great people at the Soul Kitchen and this band gave me great memories. But I am not spending my hard earned money on the brand / organisation 'Jon Bon Jovi' anymore..

I will liste to the songs on spotify the way I listen to random artists and / or will download the songs. But I will not discuss them or let them into my heart anymore. I might buy chep seats and have fun, the way I have fun at a random concert but the concerts will not mean to me what they used to.

I am in it for the music and there were one or two things I left out , among them was that 'serving the fan club and doing posh trips instead of giving nice little acoustic shows where it is about the music and since the singer is not what he pretends to be (he always said it IS about the music) then I am out because I will not be able to connect to the music.

Becky 02-14-2016 02:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by faith1985 (Post 1198951)
The only 2 times where I talked about Jon was when I asked about the honey they offered there and one of them said it was from Jon's bee farm which he started to save taxes :D.

The bee farm was already on the property when he bought it. He maintained it. Sorry, just a quibble, but he didn't start it. Many estates in NJ have "farms" to reduce taxes. Bruce is a farmer of some sorts too.