Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Why I am done... (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=69425)

faith1985 02-10-2016 01:35 PM

Why I am done...

- Jon is pimping out himself and his music

- Jon sneaks up on people without having a deep understanding on what a person with his or her life and own story means to write insulting songs

- Jon can turn on his empathatic switch but it is only a switch

- The Jon Bon Jovi Soul Foundation told a friend of mine working at Soul Kitchen to delete me and other friends who are in any way related to Bon Jovi as fans I contacted them and wanted an answer but of course they did not write back.

- His dad is pimping out his sauce
When I went to Soul Kitchen I talked to Lou (the manager) because he told me he was interested in something I do voluntary work for) There I met Mr Jon Bongiovi Senior and he did not even say 'Hello' but asked me straight away if we have got a Walmart in Germany so that he could sell his sauce. I reseached stuff for him and sent them emails but did not get an answer. But he seems very open and nice, if you come up with a check

- When I met Jon's wife at Soul Kitchen she was very closed up, friendly but closed up quite the opposite to all the people who work there.
I have been sending chocolate to the Soul Kitchen because I really like the people there and everybody I met there (apart from the Bongiovis) were extremely nice and warm. When I asked Dorothea if she got some of the chocolate as well she was like:'oh no no no, I was in the Hamptons at that time... Maybe she is an introvert but her reaction was more like 'do not talk to me' because she went straight to a regular guest there to have a big extroverted show talk.
There are lots of comments about the Soul Kitchen and how Jon and Dorothea are the most loveliest people there are in the world
Well my experience tells me that from the 20 times I have been there Dorothea was there ONCE and not approachable at all
Edit: Yes it was my ignorance...that I expected someone - in this case Dorothea - to treat me the same way she treats others...that is what I do but I cannot project that into others....my mistake

And to be honest, I am glad I never met Jon there

- Jon Bon Jovi reads fan boards to get ideas for his songs, FANS might like that I do not

Becky 02-10-2016 01:50 PM

You can only do what's right for you. When it comes down to it, it's entertainment. There's a reason most people don't get too invested in the people they listen to on the radio or watch on our screens. If we really "knew" them, we probably wouldn't like most of them. We certainly shouldn't put any of them up on a pedestal.

faith1985 02-10-2016 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Becky (Post 1198832)
You can only do what's right for you. When it comes down to it, it's entertainment. There's a reason most people don't get too invested in the people they listen to on the radio or watch on our screens. If we really "knew" them, we probably wouldn't like most of them. We certainly shouldn't put any of them up on a pedestal.

Well yes and no! For many of the Bon Jovi fans, Jon is their god. For me Jon lives his own ideology and HE wants everybody to get invested and HE uses it. He likes that and he has too much money and this is were it gets dangerous.

And I can not like someones music if I know he as a person is fake.

steel_horse75 02-10-2016 02:24 PM

sorry but i dont get this.

If you like the music play/buy it. If you dont. Dont.

that simple

no idea what JBJs wife has to do with anything.

steel_horse75 02-10-2016 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by faith1985 (Post 1198833)
Well yes and no! For many of the Bon Jovi fans, Jon is their god. For me Jon lives his own ideology and HE wants everybody to get invested and HE uses it. He likes that and he has too much money and this is were it gets dangerous.

And I can not like someones music if I know he as a person is fake.

And you know EVERY artist in your music collection on a personal level?

semigoodlookin 02-10-2016 03:23 PM

Strange post. Seems you are done with the Soul Kitchen more than you are the band.

I am not entirely surprised that the "family" is somewhat entitled and douchy, but sounds like you have some beef with them because they did not behave exactly how you wanted them to. They at least seemed to be polite.

I am done with the band, but for musical and taste reasons. Ask yourself, are you in the Soul Kitchen because of your affinity to Bon Jovi? If so, you were probably there for the wrong reasons.

Jon Bon Jovi reads message boards for ideas for songs? Wait, wh, what? He should read harder if that's the case because he has been pissing off a significant portion of the fanbase for some time with his songs.

faith1985 02-10-2016 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by semigoodlookin (Post 1198837)
Strange post. Seems you are done with the Soul Kitchen more than you are the band.

I am not entirely surprised that the "family" is somewhat entitled and douchy, but sounds like you have some beef with them because they did not behave exactly how you wanted them to. They at least seemed to be polite.

I am done with the band, but for musical and taste reasons. Ask yourself, are you in the Soul Kitchen because of your affinity to Bon Jovi? If so, you were probably there for the wrong reasons.

Jon Bon Jovi reads message boards for ideas for songs? Wait, wh, what? He should read harder if that's the case because he has been pissing off a significant portion of the fanbase for some time with his songs.

Well, at first I was curious if the Soul Kitchen was fake (only propaganda) then I realised how welcomeing they all are. I did not go there because I liked Bon Jovi. The first time I was there, yes but all the other times I came back because of the people who work there.
I did not go there so that anybody could say: 'Oh, HOW AWESOME what she is doing' It is not my personality. But when somebody, no matter if it is some famous politician, some CEO or my cleaning lady. asks me straight away about how to sell his product of course I get pissed. I do not care if it is the Bongiovis, some priest, someone from this board or my neighbour.

faith1985 02-10-2016 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steel_horse75 (Post 1198835)
And you know EVERY artist in your music collection on a personal level?

No, I do not. But most of the people dont wear a halo around their head and get publicity for being some kind of humanitarian god.
Bon Jovi has become a cult.

faith1985 02-10-2016 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steel_horse75 (Post 1198834)
sorry but i dont get this.

If you like the music play/buy it. If you dont. Dont.

that simple

no idea what JBJs wife has to do with anything.

She doesn't and you are right, but Jon uses her every chance he gets for his publicity.

sundaymike 02-10-2016 04:38 PM

Wow! You sound way to investested for your own good. Probably healthy for you to have some time off from the Bongiovis.

faith1985 02-10-2016 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sundaymike (Post 1198842)
Wow! You sound way to investested for your own good. Probably healthy for you to have some time off from the Bongiovis.

Oh I am always invested in the things I like and tend to overdo things, yes. But I am trying to live up to my ideals to treat people equally. There are different sides here. And as I said I am done. people might think I am naive or stupid, bu I am not, I am just too idealistic for my own good.

rolo_tomachi 02-10-2016 07:07 PM

I'm sorry but this is just nonsense. And I give a shit. If Jon makes a great song, I do not care if your soul chiken is a total fraud. The great song is what matters to me. And the same happens with other artists, his art is the most important.

My problem is that Jon no longer makes good songs, it all sounds repetitive and with a lack of creativity, it is pure laziness.

And, honesty of Jon was never his forte.

faith1985 02-10-2016 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1198845)
I'm sorry but this is just nonsense. And I give a shit. If Jon makes a great song, I do not care if your soul chiken is a total fraud. The great song is what matters to me. And the same happens with other artists, his art is the most important.

My problem is that Jon no longer makes good songs, it all sounds repetitive and with a lack of creativity, it is pure laziness.

Otherwise, honesty Jon was never his forte.

Well, John merges these things like no other artist I listen to. He is Bono 2.0..
It is a business for him and that is it! That IS one of the main reasons why his music sucks.
Jon talks about being an artist but he doesn't mean what he sings That's why it is cheesy or bland.

rocknation 02-10-2016 07:26 PM

But you'll miss his birthday coronation...I mean, celebration!

http://www.drycounty.com/jovitalk/bo...t-2016-t69426/

:new-bday:

Becky 02-10-2016 08:59 PM

If you elevate someone to the position of a god or even a hero, you're likely going to be disappointed when you find out they're human.

Personally, I still admire Jon as an artist and a human being even though I don't agree with everything he does or says. I don't think he's perfect, but I don't think he's the devil that people around here make him out to be either. He's just human.

But there's a reason I've never gotten his name tattooed on my shoulder too. You never know what anyone is hiding in their closet. A person is just a person. Even the best people have their faults. That's a hard lesson to learn for celebrity worshipers. I think there are far worse people to have hitched your star to.

Lucas_Roli 02-10-2016 09:01 PM

I don't get why so many people take interest in Jon so much nowadays. He used to be a great rockstar who really enjoyed making music and performing it.

I gotta admit, at first when I saw how much he had changed since his younger days I got very frustrated and kept lying to myself that he's the same guy but the truth is that he isn't.

I'm still hoping that he'll release another decent album like BB which I really enjoyed but I know we'll never get something magic like their 4 golden albums ever again. To me Bitter Wine marked the end of the "real" Bon Jovi, the Bon Jovi I want to remember.

liljovi93 02-10-2016 09:40 PM

This is such a stupid post. Why on earth have you even done this?

Why the hell have you mentioned the Soul Kitchen so much as part of your reason for you being done when you claim you haven't even met him but go on about other people he knows or work for him.

Sounds to me like you keep going the Soul Kitchen in the hope that you will meet him but are frustrated that you haven't and this is getting to you more and more. I love some restaurants in my city and the staff are always welcoming but I don't think I have been somewhere almost 20 times as much as I like the place. And in these places I have friends too.

If this is your reason for being 'done' then it's got to be one of the stupidest things I have ever read on this forum.

I totally understand people being 'done' because the music isn't anywhere as good as it used to be. My brother was one of them and I totally understand that reason. This is silly.

You also mention in another topic that you are done but may go 'once more in seats' - well that's not being done. That's you trying to tell yourself you are done but you aren't. You either are done and don't go at all or you aren't and you go again. Simple as.

Some people on here don't half love the attention. It's quite pathetic that some people are like this.

Roll 02-10-2016 10:51 PM

Stupidest.topic.ever.

JackieBlue 02-10-2016 10:56 PM

PEOPLE!! C'mon... Give a girl a break. She has an opinion and she stated it, along with her reasons for said opinion. She wasn't abusive. She didn't derail an existing thread to do so. She even started a new thread in the General BJ Discussion Forum (which exists, if I can still read and comprehend correctly, to allow for comments about "everything related to Bon Jovi (the band or individual members') activities ..."). She clearly titled the thread in such a way as to give fair warning about the content of her post.

I don't understand the problem. If you don't want to read what she has to say, then don't read it! It's not rocket science. Jeez!!

It seems to me that Jon's use of the words "integrity" and "character" to describe the upcoming album may have set her off and, while there are obviously some who only care about work product and couldn't care less if the artists they listen to aren't what they seem, that can be important to others. It's an opinion, FFS!

(And this is mine, so deal with it!) :p

BTW, faith1985, I mean no disrespect by using third person as if you're not in the room. But I was talking about you, not to you. :D

Carry on...

faith1985 02-10-2016 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by liljovi93 (Post 1198853)
This is such a stupid post. Why on earth have you even done this?

Why the hell have you mentioned the Soul Kitchen so much as part of your reason for you being done when you claim you haven't even met him but go on about other people he knows or work for him.

Sounds to me like you keep going the Soul Kitchen in the hope that you will meet him but are frustrated that you haven't and this is getting to you more and more. I love some restaurants in my city and the staff are always welcoming but I don't think I have been somewhere almost 20 times as much as I like the place. And in these places I have friends too.

If this is your reason for being 'done' then it's got to be one of the stupidest things I have ever read on this forum.

I totally understand people being 'done' because the music isn't anywhere as good as it used to be. My brother was one of them and I totally understand that reason. This is silly.

You also mention in another topic that you are done but may go 'once more in seats' - well that's not being done. That's you trying to tell yourself you are done but you aren't. You either are done and don't go at all or you aren't and you go again. Simple as.

Some people on here don't half love the attention. It's quite pathetic that some people are like this.

Ok first of all:

No, I did not go there to meet Jon! I was there to meet other people there. 20 times was too much is was around 12, I guess. After I went there with my mother I stayed in contact with someone and believe it or not I never tried to get information I only asked my friend once If she thinks Jon is alright as a human being. That was all. I think if Jon were there while I am there, I would probably leave (I am not kidding, I mean it)

I am a big music nerd in general and being done concerning Bon Jovi means that I am done being excited about their music in particular and not being into the music as I used to because if I think that - and I know many people here disagree - the singer is an asshole or a fake (or any band member of any band for that matter) I can not get into the music and listen to it and make it part of my everyday life.
It is not as simple as people put it here. At least not for me. Not when a band was part of my life for so long (Bon Jovi is not the only band by all means)

And I am not saying I am done only because of the things I experienced at the Soul Kitchen (It is not that the Bongiovis were awful).

But if I listen to music of which i know that it is all an act and if I go to a concert and buy a ticket of which I know will provide money for a charoty foundation that ordered a friend of mine to delete me on facebook, it is wrong.

I will still like the memories of 10 years ago and all my bootlegs and might go to a concert to listen to the music and have fun but the band that is here today with all the fakeness I am not going to enjoy as musch as I used to and that means done for me. There are bands I listen to for fun and there are the ones that meant something to me. And while Bon Jovi are now gone from being one of these special bands for me I think it is now at a point where I do not think I can still give a ****.

faith1985 02-10-2016 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JackieBlue (Post 1198855)
PEOPLE!! C'mon... Give a girl a break. She has an opinion and she stated it, along with her reasons for said opinion. She wasn't abusive. She didn't derail an existing thread to do so. She even started a new thread in the General BJ Discussion Forum (which exists, if I can still read and comprehend correctly, to allow for comments about "everything related to Bon Jovi (the band or individual members') activities ..."). She clearly titled the thread in such a way as to give fair warning about the content of her post.

I don't understand the problem. If you don't want to read what she has to say, then don't read it! It's not rocket science. Jeez!!

It seems to me that Jon's use of the words "integrity" and "character" to describe the upcoming album may have set her off and, while there are obviously some who only care about work product and couldn't care less if the artists they listen to aren't what they seem, that can be important to others. It's an opinion, FFS!

(And this is mine, so deal with it!) :p

BTW, faith1985, I mean no disrespect by using third person as if you're not in the room. But I was talking about you, not to you. :D

Carry on...

I think you are one of the only ones who got why I am pissed:-)

JackieBlue 02-11-2016 12:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by faith1985 (Post 1198857)
I think you are one of the only ones who got why I am pissed:-)

Sure, I did. I'm pretty sure some of the others did, too. :)

While I can't say that I necessarily agree with everything you said, I can understand why you feel the way you do. Authenticity is important to me, too. But that's beside the point.

"I may not agree with everything you say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it." (often incorrectly attributed to Voltaire)

Captain_jovi 02-11-2016 12:49 AM

I agree, people should lay off her. It's her opinion, it's her thread, no need to disrespect her if you don't agree.

faith1985 02-11-2016 12:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JackieBlue (Post 1198859)
Sure, I did. I'm pretty sure some of the others did, too. :)

While I can't say that I necessarily agree with everything you said, I can understand why you feel the way you do. Authenticity is important to me, too. But that's beside the point.

"I may not agree with everything you say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it." (Voltaire)

Yep! I agree with you. I do not need everybody to agree with me or even understand. There are certain things I left out here because they would go to far. But expected worse replies to my thread, tbh.

liljovi93 02-11-2016 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1198860)
I agree, people should lay off her. It's her opinion, it's her thread, no need to disrespect her if you don't agree.

Who has disrespected her?! Nobody has. We've said the post is stupid. That's our opinion. So what is the difference?

Her reply to me clarified things up a little bit more because it actually mentioned her thoughts on the music and not about Jon's bloody restaurant.

Have a day off.

united17 02-11-2016 09:34 AM

Sorry to hear about the experiences you had and can't blame you for coming to such a conclusion. All that matters is that you're at peace with yourself.

SadieLady 02-12-2016 12:36 AM

I am not done but my interest is low. I did buy BB but have yet to play it or even unwrap it even though I've heard good things about it. I don't think that Jon pretends integrity--I think Jon IS living a real life but fans don't want to admit that it is made up of mansions and moguls which is not the stuff great songs are made of.

To me Jon and Bon Jovi are ice cold with the media. The Circle tour was the last tour that had some media interest with television and print clips and interviews (clips that weren't just ads for a concert) but he has been absent from significant magazines for a long time. The last tour had media interest mostly due to the absence of Richie. With Jon being uncommunicative with his fan base via social media (with the exception of birthday announcements or to sell swag) I don't feel any bond with the band as a fan.

I am curious how the Bon Jovi machine will promote the upcoming music and tour. Jon obviously has no interest in returning to a rock star image--gone are the days of shaggy golden locks, shirts open to the navel and running all over the stage. Actually, I would be fine with that except he can no longer sing the majority of his songs which makes for an over produced show. This has always been an arena band but is there enough interest to fill an arena these days?

Having said all this, most of us still hold out hope that with the new people brought in and with a new record company, maybe the next release will be all that Jon says it will be.

Captain_jovi 02-12-2016 01:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by liljovi93 (Post 1198862)
Who has disrespected her?! Nobody has. We've said the post is stupid. That's our opinion. So what is the difference?

Her reply to me clarified things up a little bit more because it actually mentioned her thoughts on the music and not about Jon's bloody restaurant.

Have a day off.

"This is such a stupid post"

"it's got to be one of the stupidest things I have ever read on this forum."

"It's quite pathetic that some people are like this"

Come on man, that's just over the top attacking someone over something you don't like. Thinking the post is stupid is a completely valid opinion, I'm not saying you and the rest are in the wrong for thinking it. I don't even agree with her points, but have a little bit of tact before using words like pathetic and stupid.

I personally think it was over the line. That's my opinion. I'm looking out for people so they don't get chased away for having a thought that doesn't match others. If I'm looking at it wrong or giving too much thought to how she was talked to then it is what it is.

faith1985 02-12-2016 02:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SadieLady (Post 1198877)
I am not done but my interest is low. I did buy BB but have yet to play it or even unwrap it even though I've heard good things about it. I don't think that Jon pretends integrity--I think Jon IS living a real life but fans don't want to admit that it is made up of mansions and moguls which is not the stuff great songs are made of.

To me Jon and Bon Jovi are ice cold with the media. The Circle tour was the last tour that had some media interest with television and print clips and interviews (clips that weren't just ads for a concert) but he has been absent from significant magazines for a long time. The last tour had media interest mostly due to the absence of Richie. With Jon being uncommunicative with his fan base via social media (with the exception of birthday announcements or to sell swag) I don't feel any bond with the band as a fan.

Of course Jon is living a real life, I wasn't talking about the 'being rich' level. I am also not critizising that Jon surrounds himself with other famous people or moguls and lives in mansions. I was talking about a different level.

Jon doesn't know how social media works. Many people do not know it. Social media is not a one channel thing were your normal marketing strategies work, social media is a competence. It is about interaction and about bringing some real value to people.

trevrox 02-12-2016 03:11 AM

I'm not sure I understand this Facebook angle...

faith1985 02-12-2016 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trevrox (Post 1198884)
I'm not sure I understand this Facebook angle...

Me and this person met at Soul Kitchen. From the beginning I made it pretty clear that I am not there to meet Jon.
We started to care for each other and kept in touch. I am from Germany she is from New Jersey and for both of us facebook is a social outlet. She did not post any internal stuff about people who work there. But she is very passionate about her work.
One morning I went on facebook to contact her and found out that she had deleted me. I wrote her on facebook ( I could still contact her) and asked why. so - and she is an honest and straight forward person - she told me what I already posted. I called her at Soul Kitchen and she told me the same.

Facebook is not evil or bad, it is a plattform that was created for people to connect and share what they want from their lives. When a charity organisation tells employees to delete others it is a restriction of someone's freedom.
If that would happen to me here in Germany I would have used my insurance to contact a lawyer. It is against the law for employers to tell employees what they have to do in their free time. They can only tell their employees to not post sensitive stuff about the company they are working for (which my friend did).

bonjovi90 02-12-2016 02:52 PM

So, in essence her employer had told her to delete you from her personal account? At first one should never add his/her boss to a private FB channel and secondly - just set your list of friends on private and no one can see anything. And, as long as you don't post on each other's Facebook wall, they're hardly able to see who anyone is in contact with without reading personal messages.
Sorry but that story is quite hard to believe...

faith1985 02-12-2016 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1198890)
So, in essence her employer had told her to delete you from her personal account? At first one should never add his/her boss to a private FB channel and secondly - just set your list of friends on private and no one can see anything. And, as long as you don't post on each other's Facebook wall, they're hardly able to see who anyone is in contact with without reading personal messages.
Sorry but that story is quite hard to believe...

She did not add her boss. The director of the JBJ Soul Foundation told her to delete friends (Of Course we can still write each other messages) that is not the point. My point was not to explain HOW my friend did something but THAT the direcror ordered her to delete certain people. It was an order from above

DestinationJovi 02-12-2016 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by faith1985 (Post 1198891)
She did not add her boss. The director of the JBJ Soul Foundation told her to delete friends (Of Course we can still write each other messages) that is not the point. My point was not to explain HOW my friend did something but THAT the direcror ordered her to delete certain people. It was an order from above

It's entirely possible that was just an excuse she gave you because she didn't want to hurt your feelings by saying she no longer wanted to be Facebook friends with you. It happens. People grow apart and move on. Why people chase those who delete them asking them why is beyond me.

You can say you never went to the soul kitchen to meet Jon as many times as you'd like, but when you've travelled from Germany to go to the soul kitchen 20 or 12 or however many times, it's obvious what your motives are. There are plenty of soup kitchens all over the world..why Jon's, the lead singer of the band you're a fan of, unless it's because you hope he'll be there.

faith1985 02-12-2016 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DestinationJovi (Post 1198892)
It's entirely possible that was just an excuse she gave you because she didn't want to hurt your feelings by saying she no longer wanted to be Facebook friends with you. It happens. People grow apart and move on. Why people chase those who delete them asking them why is beyond me.

You can say you never went to the soul kitchen to meet Jon as many times as you'd like, but when you've travelled from Germany to go to the soul kitchen 20 or 12 or however many times, it's obvious what your motives are. There are plenty of soup kitchens all over the world..why Jon's, the lead singer of the band you're a fan of, unless it's because you hope he'll be there.

I know my motives I do not care if people believe me. Have you been to that place?
I did not travel to New York because I want to meet Jon. I am a bit obsessed with the East Coast. I like to explore different cultures and meet with people...I support the idea of a Soul Kitchen. Not because I am obsessed with Jon but because I like the idea of creating a special place and caring for other people. I do the same here in Germany or where ever I go. I am friends with someone from New Jersey who has NO connections to Jon Bon what so ever. I have been to New York around 4 times during the last 2 years. I also went to see New England.
Of course Bon Jovi ticked me off because of New Jersey but I am not a fan loving teenager. When I go to places, I want to be part of their communities or get involved with people who are living there,

bjcrazycpa 02-13-2016 05:47 PM

I am sorry you ended up with such a bad taste in your mouth over the Soul Kitchen experience. But, as someone else alluded to I think the friend in question deleting you may have been using the excuse of deleting fans coming from the top, as she herself working so closely with the Bongiovis, just didn't feel comfortable having known fans on her (I think you said it was a her) FB page. I know it's hard but I honestly wouldn't take it personally. And the Soul Kitchen and Jon's Foundation do a ton of good that benefits a lot of people. Only Jon himself knows his motives but in the end if the right folks benefit then I'm good.

Rdkopper 02-13-2016 07:04 PM

The Soul Kitchen does some amazing things and Jon's intentions are all good... I visited there a few times and observed it like it was a Back Stage With JBJ fan club. I'm sure 80% of those volunteers are it's members and the people who manage it seem fake as hell... but unfortunately, that's out of Jon and his wife's control...

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

faith1985 02-14-2016 02:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1198937)
The Soul Kitchen does some amazing things and Jon's intentions are all good... I visited there a few times and observed it like it was a Back Stage With JBJ fan club. I'm sure 80% of those volunteers are it's members and the people who manage it seem fake as hell... but unfortunately, that's out of Jon and his wife's control...

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Ähem..the manager is a friend of Jon's. He just told me without me even mentioning anything relating to Bon Jovi. Some of the people I know who work there bring their kids and many of them are actually annoyed by fans coming there. I talked about the music once with a regular guest and volunteer and he did not know more than two songs and I told him to listen to Dry County :-). He did not care. It is not as if the people working there are obsessed with Jon (that's what I really believe). I talked to quite a few volunteers there and none of them were Bon Jovi fans, well in fact we did not talk about Bon Jovi or Jon AT ALL but we talked about why we were there and about our motives coming there.
I am sure there are people among them who want to meet Jon, but the people I know from there did NEVER post anything online which let me guess their were big Bon Jovi fans or talked about Jon.

The only 2 times where I talked about Jon was when I asked about the honey they offered there and one of them said it was from Jon's bee farm which he started to save taxes :D. And the other time was when the manager told me he is a friend of Jon and Dorothea but I did not say anything back, because I do not want to intrude someone's privacy.

It is quite unfair to accuse people who work there of only being there because they are some kind of fan.

faith1985 02-14-2016 02:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bjcrazycpa (Post 1198930)
I am sorry you ended up with such a bad taste in your mouth over the Soul Kitchen experience. But, as someone else alluded to I think the friend in question deleting you may have been using the excuse of deleting fans coming from the top, as she herself working so closely with the Bongiovis, just didn't feel comfortable having known fans on her (I think you said it was a her) FB page. I know it's hard but I honestly wouldn't take it personally. And the Soul Kitchen and Jon's Foundation do a ton of good that benefits a lot of people. Only Jon himself knows his motives but in the end if the right folks benefit then I'm good.

I do not think she is that kind of person. I am still friends with her daughter on facebook and we are still exchanging messages. When I told her I was mad and said that I am not friends with her because she is related to Jon she said:'you are not but many other people are only coming to the SK because they are fans'
I agree with you that you are ok, as long as the right people are benefiting from it. I do not want Jon to be a saint and I do not think it was Jon's decision but I still think it was a bit unethical. I gave time and money to the Soul Kitchen and in the end I get this as a 'Thank You'. It was just not ok, not because I wanted anything in return for donating or sending chocolate (my friend and others gave me the Bongiovi sauce as a present which I loved and appreciated a lot:-)). But in the end, Jon flatters himself with being the boss of everything so I will not support his brand/organisation/company anymore. I am pissed because I met great people at the Soul Kitchen and this band gave me great memories. But I am not spending my hard earned money on the brand / organisation 'Jon Bon Jovi' anymore..

I will liste to the songs on spotify the way I listen to random artists and / or will download the songs. But I will not discuss them or let them into my heart anymore. I might buy chep seats and have fun, the way I have fun at a random concert but the concerts will not mean to me what they used to.

I am in it for the music and there were one or two things I left out , among them was that 'serving the fan club and doing posh trips instead of giving nice little acoustic shows where it is about the music and since the singer is not what he pretends to be (he always said it IS about the music) then I am out because I will not be able to connect to the music.

Becky 02-14-2016 02:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by faith1985 (Post 1198951)
The only 2 times where I talked about Jon was when I asked about the honey they offered there and one of them said it was from Jon's bee farm which he started to save taxes :D.

The bee farm was already on the property when he bought it. He maintained it. Sorry, just a quibble, but he didn't start it. Many estates in NJ have "farms" to reduce taxes. Bruce is a farmer of some sorts too.