Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   New Bon Jovi Releases (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Next Single ?? (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=69713)

soundfire624 10-18-2016 08:34 AM

Next Single ??

Anybody want to guess what will be the next single after Born Again??
Me i kinda feel..Living With The Ghost will be next..

Kukoc7 10-18-2016 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by soundfire624 (Post 1210464)
Anybody want to guess what will be the next single after Born Again??
Me i kinda feel..Living With The Ghost will be next..

Right on.
I'm voting for "New Years Day" only due to recent word of mouth of this board,
not because I've actually heard the track.

Walleris 10-18-2016 08:56 AM

I don't think they'll release any TBH. The album drops in 2.5 week and they already had 4 singles. That's more than enough. At some point it's just sabotaging the album if you release half of it beforehand, especially when 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, etc. singles don't have any promotional value for a 30+ year old band. In 2016 only the first single counts as truly 'the single' in my book.

soundfire624 10-18-2016 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Walleris (Post 1210466)
I don't think they'll release any TBH. The album drops in 2.5 week and they already had 4 singles. That's more than enough. At some point it's just sabotaging the album if you release half of it beforehand, especially when 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, etc. singles don't have any promotional value for a 30+ year old band. In 2016 only the first single counts as truly 'the single' in my book.

heard there will be 10 promo video untll Dec for Bon Jovi by Tidal..I dunno if there's any confirmation about this but i saw in facebook somewhere the picture promo...

Walleris 10-18-2016 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by soundfire624 (Post 1210468)
heard there will be 10 promo video untll Dec for Bon Jovi by Tidal..I dunno if there's any confirmation about this but i saw in facebook somewhere the picture promo...

That's just the Tidal thing. The promo videos may not be 'music videos' - it could mean 3 music videos, 2 interviews, 1 behind the scenes, 2 live performances, etc.

The fact that the KO video, that's been out for about a week remains only on Tidal (and not on YouTube) tells me that's not really a proper single.

rolo_tomachi 10-18-2016 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Walleris (Post 1210475)
That's just the Tidal thing. The promo videos may not be 'music videos' - it could mean 3 music videos, 2 interviews, 1 behind the scenes, 2 live performances, etc.

The fact that the KO video, that's been out for about a week remains only on Tidal (and not on YouTube) tells me that's not really a proper single.

That depends, the whole album is live on youtube, and within a few days people can hear it in soundboard, so I do not think that is a harmful release launch 2 songs more before the release of the album. In addition, a week before, will be the leak on the Internet the full album.

I think launch a couple of songs with music videos is perfectly possible. And if so, I think we all know which will be the next.. New Year's Day and Come on Up to our House.

Captain_jovi 10-18-2016 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Walleris (Post 1210466)

Agreed. They haven't had 4 singles, they've released some songs online. It doesn't matter, single wise, unless it's being pushed to radio etc.

jovifan93 10-18-2016 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1210501)
Agreed. They haven't had 4 singles, they've released some songs online. It doesn't matter, single wise, unless it's being pushed to radio etc.

Exactly. Singles there have only been one (THINFS), maybe two (Knockout, since they performed that and there *is* a video, though TIDAL exclusive up until now). The other are just tracks that people who pre-order the album get in advance as an "incentive" for doing so...

Kukoc7 10-18-2016 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jovifan93 (Post 1210503)
Exactly. Singles there have only been one (THINFS), maybe two (Knockout, since they performed that and there *is* a video, though TIDAL exclusive up until now). The other are just tracks that people who pre-order the album get in advance as an "incentive" for doing so...

According to Wikipedia...
Knockout, Labor of Love, & Born Again Tomorrow are considered promotional singles.
Promotional singles
"Knockout" was released as a promotional single from the album on September 9, 2016.[15] On September 23, 2016, "Labor of Love" was also released as a promotional single [16] followed by "Born Again Tomorrow" on October 7, 2016.[11]
I still believe we may see one more promotional single prior to 04NOV2016.

bonjovi90 10-18-2016 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kukoc7 (Post 1210506)
According to Wikipedia...
Knockout, Labor of Love, & Born Again Tomorrow are considered promotional singles.
Promotional singles
"Knockout" was released as a promotional single from the album on September 9, 2016.[15] On September 23, 2016, "Labor of Love" was also released as a promotional single [16] followed by "Born Again Tomorrow" on October 7, 2016.[11]
I still believe we may see one more promotional single prior to 04NOV2016.

Yeah but I'm sure some fan, who doesn't know more than we do, wrote it there.