Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   New Bon Jovi Releases (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Can you hear Richie's absence from THINFS? (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=69614)

Captain_jovi 08-17-2016 03:14 PM

The footage Ive seen of the band, namely video footage of Richie recording the Lost Highway solo was doing full passes and Frankensteining them together, which is pretty common. Im not sure if I imagined it being said but in no way are these solos done note for note assembled.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

Rdkopper 08-17-2016 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by liljovi93 (Post 1204902)
Don't be a knob, mate. It's people like yourself that's stopping people adding 'value' to this form due to almost every thread going way off topic. Over the past few years, I've stopped posting a hell of a lot compared to what I used too down to the fact that thresds go off topic with petty arguing and then they get locked and then you genuinely have lost the 'value' to the board.

It's been said many times before that you guys should either ignore or private message each other. Don't be one of those that pushes people away from the board. Some have been here a long long time and whether you think they add 'value' to the board or not, I certainly know they do to A LOT of people.

TBH, I didn't absolutely nothing wrong!!!!

4 posts between me and OldJoy and this discussion was over and done with. It's the other members like You, Kathleen, Bounce7800, & Alphavictim that are keeping this alive and derailed by adding in your 2 cents...

Everything you just stated and all the information that the other members listed above stated could have easily been sent via PM but you all decided to post the drama public and keep the derailment going... It's all the above's fault that 4 simple posts between me and OldJoy just turned into 2 pages... That's always the case around here...

If me and OldJoy go at it at times, so what and grow up. We are adults... No personal attacks took place and subjects go off topic on here all the time.. There was no real derailment!!!! We had a difference in opinion and were debating Phil's title with the KOS... Kathleen should have just stayed out of it and this would have been over... She caused the derailment buddy!!!

PanosBonJovi 08-17-2016 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1204898)
Something is going on between Jon and Richie which is much bigger than I think we understand.

Jon has one of the best guitar players in his band yet he's keep him caged for the past few albums. It just doesn't add up... I really think it's Jon's ego. Richie just wants to rock in a rock band and Jon wants to go in every direction.

With Jon's vocal condition the way it is, they should rely on the music. Pink Flamingos is the best opener to an album and it's played before Jon utters a word. Just saying...

I agree on that. If I get it right, of course, since I can tell that Richie wasnt the lead guitarist for a while. I mean The Circle? There's some nice guitar work there which, you can tell that there's Sambora in it. But, What About Now?! Nah, I barely found Richie in it. It was more Shanks and maybe Bobby too there.

Sure thing, you won't spot many differences on guitar work between WAN & THINFS as most of the guitar work was done by Shanks unless, Jon asked something heavier in specific tracks. Also, if I'm right, Mr. X contributed to four tracks or less?

Captain_jovi 08-17-2016 05:03 PM

4 is right. We are hearing enough Shanks style playing to have a better idea of what was him and what was Richie on WAN. Some songs I will swear Richie only did the solo. The riff in the second verse of Im With You Richie never played live like it was on the record. But Shanks playing rhythm on the record dates back to HAND. Dan Huff has said in interviews he himself played rhythm on Lost Highway so its not like a matter of Richie wasnt there so they got someone else.

I dont buy this Richie has been unreliable since 2005 talk. His playing got lazier yes but he was there for every stepm

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

It's my faith 08-17-2016 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DestinationJovi (Post 1204896)
Well if Jon had let Richie have a bit of artistic freedom this conversation would probably not be taking place.

It's too late to leave a comment for this but I would do it anyway.

I think this is a false statement if you mean that Richie would still be in the band if he had freedom. "Lack of artistic freedom" is the 'official' reason Richie gave about leaving the band but I'm sure that this is not the only one. There should be many stronger reasons to make him quit mid-tour... reasons that for PR reasons are kept secret.

PanosBonJovi 08-17-2016 05:47 PM

Well, all I can say about Richie is that since he returned from absence in 2011 he had a good run of shows and specifically in Athens he gave us some amazing solos, faces & a stunning performance in overall.
He really enjoyed every second of the show as the rest of the band did too, but you could see it in his face that he was really having a blast. His reaction, during Wanted, to the crowd singing the song since they hit the first note on guitar was priceless.

Richie might got tired and exhausted of touring back to back, but that's not an excuse to quit a band. None is ever going to state the whole truth behind what might happened but it's not just a reason, there are multiple reasons and facts behind Richie's exit.

But honestly? Three years later, it's pointless to talk about Richie. We all miss him, and by all, I mean all these people who actually love Bon Jovi as a whole and not just Jon's look. Other than that, us, who like Richie and want to support him, we can buy his new record, go to a show or two if possible and that's all. Life is moving on and so does Richie & Bon Jovi, even if they took separate ways cause it didn't feel right anymore.

BTW (I don't know if it was shared before here but I bet it was but anyway):

Quote:

Bobby Bandiera: "I'm trying to get you to come with the band Bon Jovi (Jon), oh that is great, it's great, (Jon: yeah but i got to twist some arms because you know there aren't enamoured with another guy in the band have to explict another piece of the pie and I can understand. RICHIE (Richie Sambora) is the lead guitar player in the band, what do you need another guitar player for? (Jon: Well because, we do, we need to become fuller) Well we've done alright so far, it took a year or two before he can persuade those guys coming to the band was a good thing. And I went in the band and you know what they did was a little rough road out there. RICHIE AND JON WEREN'T SEEN EYE TO EYE, AND THEY ARE OFF TERMS NOW, AND RICHIE WANTED TO SEE THINGS HIS WAY, JON WANTED TO SEE THINGS HIS WAY AND ONE THING LED TO ANOTHER AND RICHIE ISN'T AROUND ANYMORE. I think Jon's gearing up to release another record I think THIS MARCH.
Sambora hasn't been in and out (rehab) a couple of times over the past years. And apparently he is NOT coming back and you know that's life sometimes. ... (a comperation between Bon Jovi's current situation and Guns n Roses) and he continues, you know you don't stop playing because you dont play together anymore, you do whatever your next project is, hopefully it hits and do alright with it, if it doesn't you just keep playing, play with the boys in the bar.

semigoodlookin 08-17-2016 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1204933)
The footage Ive seen of the band, namely video footage of Richie recording the Lost Highway solo was doing full passes and Frankensteining them together, which is pretty common. Im not sure if I imagined it being said but in no way are these solos done note for note assembled.

I don't think this is even worth the debate anymore. Obviously, they are not doing this. It would be hugely time-consuming and harder than just playing the solo. I don't care that it can be done, there is no compelling reason why it would be done. No-one has really said this is how this solo was completed, and it does not even sound like it was done like that.

It sounds like a solo recorded in the normal way, probably taking the best pieces from a few runs. The only problem with the solo is its boring and lazy, but that's common from Bon Jovi for years.

Old Joysey 08-17-2016 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PanosBonJovi (Post 1204958)
BTW (I don't know if it was shared before here but I bet it was but anyway):

:lol: Have a look at the previous page +
http://www.drycounty.com/jovitalk/bo...000/page4.html

but it's like school: you have to repeat things a million times before everybody hears it! ;)

DestinationJovi 08-18-2016 04:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by It's my faith (Post 1204956)
It's too late to leave a comment for this but I would do it anyway.

I think this is a false statement if you mean that Richie would still be in the band if he had freedom. "Lack of artistic freedom" is the 'official' reason Richie gave about leaving the band but I'm sure that this is not the only one. There should be many stronger reasons to make him quit mid-tour... reasons that for PR reasons are kept secret.

No, the "official" reason Richie gave was that he wanted to be home with his daughter and he was sick of being on the road.

It's clear Richie didn't have much creative input/involvement on WAN and that he didn't like the direction Jon was taking the band's music. So much so that he quit mid-tour. A dick move, yes, but I truly believe he couldn't stand the thought of playing a tour supporting that turd of an album for 70 more shows. So he said 'F this, I'd rather go out on my own and play whatever I want and shred ridiculous 5 minute solos if I choose to.'

When DJ Pierre Robert interviewed Jon about Richie leaving he said, "If it doesn't move you anymore, you have the right to leave." http://youtu.be/AhuJY4s9PmM

When Bobby said in the interview posted upthread, "Richie and Jon weren't seeing eye to eye," I think it's a safe bet they weren't seeing things eye to eye musically. Richie wanted more rock; Jon wanted whatever the hell you call WAN.

So I don't think saying if Richie had more artistic freedom and creative input he'd still be in the band is a false statement at all.

Rdkopper 08-18-2016 05:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DestinationJovi (Post 1204993)
No, the "official" reason Richie gave was that he wanted to be home with his daughter and he was sick of being on the road.

It's clear Richie didn't have much creative input/involvement on WAN and that he didn't like the direction Jon was taking the band's music. So much so that he quit mid-tour. A dick move, yes, but I truly believe he couldn't stand the thought of playing a tour supporting that turd of an album for 70 more shows. So he said 'F this, I'd rather go out on my own and play whatever I want and shred ridiculous 5 minute solos if I choose to.'

When DJ Pierre Robert interviewed Jon about Richie leaving he said, "If it doesn't move you anymore, you have the right to leave." http://youtu.be/AhuJY4s9PmM

When Bobby said in the interview posted upthread, "Richie and Jon weren't seeing eye to eye," I think it's a safe bet they weren't seeing things eye to eye musically. Richie wanted more rock; Jon wanted whatever the hell you call WAN.

So I don't think saying if Richie had more artistic freedom and creative input he'd still be in the band is a false statement at all.

Nice Post!!!