Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Other Bands (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Poison, they're back! Maybe. (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=68719)

Raz0r 09-18-2014 11:34 PM

Poison, they're back! Maybe.

Rikki Rockett grateful to be making money
Poison drummer reflects on state of industry - as band consider 2015 tour
08/09/2014 ~ by Martin Kielty

And he reports the band are considering hitting the road in 2015 for their first tour in several years.

His comments come after Kiss star Gene Simmons became the latest big name to claim the rock scene was dying.

Rokkett tells Iron City Rocks: “I feel very blessed to be an older rock guy able to get out there and play, and make a living at this. I consider it to be an awesome thing.

“There’s so many of my peers who haven’t been able to do that – they’re doing something else, which is not the end of the world, obviously. I have two kids and that’s the stuff that’s important. But you want to support them, and you want them to be proud and excited about what you do.”

Poison have only played together recently at private events. “They’re fun and they pay very well,” Rokkett says. “It gives us a chance to get together and play. But they’re the only shows Poison is doing this year. A few things are being thrown around by our management for next spring. We’ll have to see.”

Meanwhile, he’s focusing on his company Rokkett Drum Works, and hopes to keep working with his other outfit, Devil City Angels. “This isn’t a project,” he says. “Poison is my priority – but this band is something I’d really love to stand behind.”

classicrock.teamrock.com/news/2014-09-09/poison-ricki-rockett-grateful-making-money

Dave 1986 09-19-2014 02:11 PM

Several years? Didn't they tour with Def Leppard recently?

Raz0r 09-19-2014 03:45 PM

Yeah, they toured with Def Lep 2 years ago. They were supposed to get back on the road this summer w/ Def Lep again, as part of the tour with KISS, but couldn't get their shit together. Last year Bret Michaels announced at one of his solo concerts that they might be doing the tour, then earlier this year Rikki mentioned in an interview that it fell through because one of the guys wasn;t agreeable. I'm guessing that someone was CC since it seemed that Bret wanted to go it.

Dave 1986 09-19-2014 04:11 PM

Yea I thought that, it's just the article said it's the first time they've toured in several years makes it sound like they split up 20 years ago and are reforming, when infact they haven't been away from the road long at all.

ezearis 09-25-2014 08:45 PM

Poison's a joke, their setlists are the 8 songs you would think they'll play and that's it. Don't get me wrong, I love them, but I'd rather see them get their shit together, record a good album and do a proper tour instead of using it as an excuse to earn some cash.