Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Does anybody really fall for that? (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=69573)

jazzsta 07-18-2016 05:57 PM

Does anybody really fall for that?

Hey guys I ve been searching through thw forum for some sort of discussion about that but found nothing:

"Does anybody really fall in love anymore"

Why include such a bad (or incomplete, if you prefer) take of this song in the official Jersey Demos release?

especially since anyone with a little interest already has heard the awesome, passionate version that has been in circulation many years now.

It is a bit as if they are making a joke. I can speculate two cases:

1) They lost the original tape of the nice version of the song. Not very likely since other songs that had been leaked with that are indeed (same takes also) on the official release.

2) Jon didn't want this to become a sort of new underground hit, cause it is obvious he cannot sing it anymore.

What do you think? I was quite pissed when I heard this version on the official release.

Captain_jovi 07-18-2016 06:06 PM

There was a lot of discussion about it when the song was released.

To be honest, we don't know. I think it was Obie that said something got lost and that was the only version we had. Option 2 is too naive too look at it. We may love the song, it doesn't mean it'd become a hit if released in it's original formation. The whole re-release didn't sell all that well.

Personally i think we just got an alternate take.

Walleris 07-18-2016 07:27 PM

The second theory is bullocks. There's a good dozen on that NJ deluxe edition that Jon cannot sing anymore; yet they're still there. Plus, there's no such a thing as "underground hit". If we're talking fan favorites, there are still at least 20 songs that fans are going to request to hear during concerts before they request any outtake.

bonjovi90 07-18-2016 09:11 PM

Obie had confirmed that the leaked version didn't stem from the same take as many others and that it most likely had been recorded at some later point. And those master tapes don't seem to be available anymore.

Becky 07-18-2016 10:04 PM

Didn't Obie tell someone there had been a flood and some of the master tapes of some of their recording were destroyed?

DryCounty 07-18-2016 10:08 PM

I wrote to Obie back in 2014 on Facebook and he was kind of enough to answer me about this very matter.

"Good question. Here's the deal: I went back to the original 2" analog session tapes to listen to everything after the tapes were baked and transferred to digital format. Those vocals are not on the original demo session tapes so they were added at some point to the original demo mixes. I looked at all the tape from those demo sessions and could not find them. It was cool hearing those rough demos again. Thanks, Obie"

Mystery solved.

jazzsta 07-19-2016 02:56 AM

Fair. Thank you for your answers.

It still is a bit tragic though: someone who really digs this song knows that the proper recording on good quality simply does not exist. So we can hear how great the song is, but can't enjoy it fully.

Like watching a theater play with binoculars and walkie talkie. :-D

Rdkopper 07-19-2016 03:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1202669)
Obie had confirmed that the leaked version didn't stem from the same take as many others and that it most likely had been recorded at some later point. And those master tapes don't seem to be available anymore.

If you listen to the leaked version, it clearly has a more finished sound then the other songs... I think it was given to Cher because her version is a carbon copy and my conspiracy theory thinks that some of that version / tracks were even used in her final version. And that's why Obie doesn't have it and can use it, even if he did get his hands on it.

Rdkopper 07-19-2016 03:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DryCounty (Post 1202673)
I wrote to Obie back in 2014 on Facebook and he was kind of enough to answer me about this very matter.

"Good question. Here's the deal: I went back to the original 2" analog session tapes to listen to everything after the tapes were baked and transferred to digital format. Those vocals are not on the original demo session tapes so they were added at some point to the original demo mixes. I looked at all the tape from those demo sessions and could not find them. It was cool hearing those rough demos again. Thanks, Obie"

Mystery solved.

Ask him some other questions like "what happened to In America & Rosie" and "Does he have a soundboard of Cadillac Man"

Nige 07-19-2016 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1202678)
Ask him some other questions like "what happened to In America & Rosie" and "Does he have a soundboard of Cadillac Man"

There is an archive soundboard live recording of Cadillac Man from Hammersmith at least but he's stated more than once that there is no studio version sadly.