Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   First BJ song you heard live? (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=69548)

KSantaFe 06-20-2016 01:54 AM

Blood On Blood live in Sydney 17/12/10 - loved the concert and Blood On Blood was a strong opener.

Rdkopper 06-20-2016 02:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Faceman (Post 1201841)
You call yourself the world's most knowledgeable blah blah...and you don't know if Fever opened the show in 1991 or 1992?

Let me tell you: It was 1991 ;)

Sorry for not memorizing the entire set list of each of the 75 shows I attended starting 25 years ago... I guess collecting illegal bootlegs does have its advantages after all

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Becky 06-20-2016 02:50 AM

In person--Lay Your Hands on Me, September 17, 1989, Jackson, MS. It was phenomenal.

However, I heard Bad Name "live" on the radio prior to that and it was AWFUL and I was left with the impression that the band might not be very good live. It was from the SWW tour so Jon's voice was shot, but not only that, the music didn't measure up to the studio version either. I've had an aversion to Bad Name live ever since.

Kathleen 06-20-2016 02:51 AM

I Believe - Meadowlands 1993-02-20 Tried to find it on Youtube but that particular song is missing. :(

bonjovi90 06-20-2016 03:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kathleen (Post 1201858)
I Believe - Meadowlands 1993-02-20 Tried to find in on Youtube but that particular song is missing. :(

Only the second half of the song was recorded, unfortunately.

Kathleen 06-20-2016 03:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1201859)
Bon Jovi - Live in East Rutherford, NJ 1993 [FULL] - YouTube

Only the second half of the song was recorded, unfortunately.

Maybe that is why I couldn't find it. I think that is the video bootleg I have from Living After Midnight. It sure was a super way to start my live love affair with this band. I was a fan in the late 80s with New Jersey but I was pregnant with my daughter for the June Giants 89 show. I was being cautious and stayed home - mostly because of the heat that day. So this was the next opportunity I got to see them live.

Kathleen 06-20-2016 03:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Becky (Post 1201857)
In person--Lay Your Hands on Me, September 17, 1989, Jackson, MS. It was phenomenal.

However, I heard Bad Name "live" on the radio prior to that and it was AWFUL and I was left with the impression that the band might not be very good live. It was from the SWW tour so Jon's voice was shot, but not only that, the music didn't measure up to the studio version either. I've had an aversion to Bad Name live ever since.

One of my long time yardsticks for a new band is how they sound live. I don't really care how they sound in the studio with all the special effects. If they sound good live - I'm in :D

Becky 06-20-2016 04:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kathleen (Post 1201862)
One of my long time yardsticks for a new band is how they sound live. I don't really care how they sound in the studio with all the special effects. If they sound good live - I'm in :D

I guess it was one of my yardsticks for musicians before I even knew I had yardsticks for musicians. I was only 12 or 13 when I heard that recording on the radio! There are two bands that opened for Bon Jovi that put on such bad live shows that I change the station to this day if they come on the radio.

Rdkopper 06-20-2016 04:26 AM

I'll never forget the experience...

My seats were lower level in this small theater that packs about 1,500 people and some guy with this deep voice doing soundcheck kept saying "two two two" (He stuck around for a while - I've seen him at other shows)... Every time he'd pause, I thought the band was on stage. I was young and didn't know how it all worked yet..

Once he cleared the stage, the pre-opening music started... I'm thinking it was either Queen or AC/DC... Those 10 minutes felt like 2 hours... All of a sudden the lights go down and the screams stared. Not like the screams you hear today but piecing screams that could break glass... The curtain slowly raises and Jon is standing there with his Blaze Of Glory hair style wearing a t-shirt with rolled up sleeves that said 'love sees no color'... He's doing the snapping thing as he's singing "Fever''. I remember thinking it was a Madonna song. I had no clue back then... But honestly, that was my generations Elvis standing there right in front of me... I couldn't believe I was in the same room as this band.

It was one of the greatest nights of my youth... To top it all off, once the afternoon show was over, there were a bunch of radio station vans out front and we won tickets to the evening show. We got free t-shirts, bumper stickers, post cards, etc.

It was a once in a lifetime experience that I've never experienced again since and will never experience again ever...

Captain_jovi 06-20-2016 04:36 AM

Mine was Bounce, Feb of 2003 in Toronto.