Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Will Bon Jovi ever release... (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=68493)

steel_horse75 04-15-2014 10:44 PM

Will Bon Jovi ever release...

...The songs that didn't make New Jersey? (As we know NJ was meant to be a double album)

There's enough for it be either part of another box set or even released as New Jersey pt II.

I love the songs that didn't get on but they ain't great quality would love to have them sounding as they should be.

Thoughts?

steel_horse75 04-15-2014 11:00 PM

Actually make it a double disc of NJ and SWW songs that didnt make the albums.

Im dreaming arent I??!?!

danfan 04-15-2014 11:11 PM

Never happened. It would be too embarrassing for fans to hear how good Jon used to sound. Besides, as smart of a businessman as Jon thinks he is, he doesn't have a goddamn clue what the die-hard fans want.

As much as I liked several of the songs on the box set, the amount of great songs left off is just astounding. Then again, this is the guy who didn't want Prayer on Slippery.

Lampinen 04-15-2014 11:21 PM

We'll get them the same time we get the unreleased live album they were working on after the NJ tour and a DVD release of AAA and KTF - An evening with Bon Jovi.

It's a sad thing this band rarely likes to look back. Or do anything just for the die-hards.

Rdkopper 04-16-2014 04:54 AM

I said it a million times and I'll say it again.... Royalties Royalties Royalties

A nice little unexpected paycheck would go to Alec John Such if Jon ever released those songs, especially if Alec wrote any of those bass lines. It would be too much work for them to lift Alec's and replace them with Hugh's. Plus he'd still have to pay Hugh studio time. I also don't think Jon is too fond of them or anything pre 2000 for that matter.

You saw what they did on the OWN Live CD and those Special Edition CDs. They were including live songs post Alec...and then played it off on the Special Editions like they were from each era meanwhile, they were full of shit pretending they didn't know.

Look, we have the NJ demos now. A great fan here ever corrected the speeds and cleaned them up pretty well. If you compare the Prayer demo that we already had to the cleaned up one on the box set, there isn't a significant difference. There are obvious improvements between the two but not enough to go crazy over. I think the NJ Demos are in better quality then the SWW ones too. Sure, I'd love to have them but I don't think there is much more they could even do to make them sound perfect.

Captain_jovi 04-16-2014 05:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1175690)
I said it a million times and I'll say it again.... Royalties Royalties Royalties

A nice little unexpected paycheck would go to Alec John Such if Jon ever released those songs, especially if Alec wrote any of those bass lines. It would be too much work for them to lift Alec's and replace them with Hugh's. Plus he'd still have to pay Hugh studio time. I also don't think Jon is too fond of them or anything pre 2000 for that matter.

You saw what they did on the OWN Live CD and those Special Edition CDs. They were including live songs post Alec...and then played it off on the Special Editions like they were from each era meanwhile, they were full of shit pretending they didn't know.

Look, we have the NJ demos now. A great fan here ever corrected the speeds and cleaned them up pretty well. If you compare the Prayer demo that we already had to the cleaned up one on the box set, there isn't a significant difference. There are obvious improvements between the two but not enough to go crazy over. I think the NJ Demos are in better quality then the SWW ones too. Sure, I'd love to have them but I don't think there is much more they could even do to make them sound perfect.

The amount of performance royalties that would go to Alec would be so so small, not enough of a reason to not release them, there's much bigger reasons. Lack of demand for one.

How many of the Special Edition songs actually lied about the era they were from, I don't remember it being as many as you think.

EDIT: That and I don't think it matters one bit if he wrote the basslines or not, if he's not credited as a song writer he's not getting that share of the royalties.

Rdkopper 04-16-2014 05:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1175691)
The amount of performance royalties that would go to Alec would be so so small, not enough of a reason to not release them, there's much bigger reasons. Lack of demand for one.

How many of the Special Edition songs actually lied about the era they were from, I don't remember it being as many as you think.

EDIT: That and I don't think it matters one bit if he wrote the basslines or not, if he's not credited as a song writer he's not getting that share of the royalties.

All true points that just add to the complication of such a project.

As far as royalties go, we really don't know what Alec would get but being that he is no longer in the band, I think it would eat Jon up knowing that he would still make money on such a project even if the amounts were low.

With the decline of album sales as a whole, it's highly unlikely that we'll get any such type of release, including a 2nd Box Set especially without a promotion and mini-tour.

Captain_jovi 04-16-2014 06:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1175692)
All true points that just add to the complication of such a project.

As far as royalties go, we really don't know what Alec would get but being that he is no longer in the band, I think it would eat Jon up knowing that he would still make money on such a project even if the amounts were low.

With the decline of album sales as a whole, it's highly unlikely that we'll get any such type of release, including a 2nd Box Set especially without a promotion and mini-tour.

I just don't think he obsesses over money to the point where if some goes to Alec it's better to not release it at all.

I know I've said this a billion times since 2005 but I'd rather they go the opposite way and just put the tracks to iTunes. The audience that wants it will find it easy, promo'ing and mini-tour won't do jack all as it's not aimed at the general public. If the public isn't going to accept new albums, singles and videos they sure as hell aren't going to want b-sides and alternate versions. Putting them online, even with a paid subscription service if need be, completely takes out the overhead and it's pure profit.

ticos_stick 04-16-2014 08:12 AM

Wasn't the Alec feud sorted out ages ago? He played with that at Giants stadium in 2001.

A true live album is what everyone wanted and they recorded almost everything from the New Jersey tour when they were arguably at their peak. It's probably for the best as Obie would have shit all over it with over dubs and edits ala OWN Live.

steel_horse75 04-16-2014 10:31 AM

I dont see another boxset coming out. Times have changed.

I was at Universal when the 100m Fans...came out and it only sold something like 8000 copies in the UK by the time Id left ( mid 2006).

Causal fans and even some die hards just dont buy those type of things. I think it was about £49.99 when it came out over here.

I got 3 copies in the end from Universal. Me, my dad and my sister all have one.

But times have changed and the record company would be on a huge loss due to poor sales now days.