Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Jon officially says that Richie is out. (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=68788)

The Rock 11-18-2014 08:57 PM

Jon officially says that Richie is out.

He did an interview where Jon says, that he has started writing, new CD out in 2016, no Richie.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/4vyaitsna...AJv5-JKUa?dl=0

Got this from FB:

And its a sad day for Jovi fans holding out hope RS Would return to the band. JBJ Just confirmed to Pierre from WMMR in Philly. Richie has left BonJovi

NicoRourke 11-18-2014 09:28 PM

Where on FB?

kleman 11-18-2014 09:58 PM

And its a sad day for Jovi fans holding out hope RS Would return to the band. JBJ Just confirmed to Pierre from WMMR in Philly. Richie has left BonJovi[/QUOTE]

Which sec of the interview?

Rdkopper 11-18-2014 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Rock (Post 1183301)
He did an interview where Jon says, that he has started writing, new CD out in 2016, no Richie.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/4vyaitsna...AJv5-JKUa?dl=0

Got this from FB:

And its a sad day for Jovi fans holding out hope RS Would return to the band. JBJ Just confirmed to Pierre from WMMR in Philly. Richie has left BonJovi

He didn't say it in the link provided?

dumy 11-18-2014 10:30 PM

He never talked about Richie in this interview.

TheseDaysEra 11-18-2014 10:53 PM

so here's where we stand now:

- Jon was quoted as saying Richie 'quit'. It's out there in dozens of websites.
- Wikipedia put Richie under 'past members' along Alec.

Now for the official facts:

- No official statement from the band or a spokesperson
- No twit from Richie
- Richie's twitter still says he's 'Bon Jovi consiglieri'
- Nothing on The band's Facebook

I'm guessing this rumor is nothing but a hoax or something taken out of context.

Sissy3 11-18-2014 10:56 PM

This was on Backstage from someone who supposedly heard the interview, also had a friend tell me the same thing, believe what you like. :grin:

From Jon today on WMMR with Pierre Robert - pointed out that RS chose to quit on a show night ( did not sound pleased although trying to be diplomatic) and said he hasn't been heard from since. Nothing to do with, money, no fights, he still loves him, but not about contracts either cause RS owns nothing. When asked if there was a chance for RS to come back he said that the door is always open but RS coming back would not be fair to Dave and Tico. There you have it - he is gone and the band goes on without him . Writing in 2015 and CD 2016

rolo_tomachi 11-18-2014 10:57 PM

new solo album? that's fantastic. Jon can do something different and interesting.

rolo_tomachi 11-18-2014 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sissy3 (Post 1183308)
This was on Backstage from someone who supposedly heard the interview, also had a friend tell me the same thing, believe what you like. :grin:

From Jon today on WMMR with Pierre Robert - pointed out that RS chose to quit on a show night ( did not sound pleased although trying to be diplomatic) and said he hasn't been heard from since. Nothing to do with, money, no fights, he still loves him, but not about contracts either cause RS owns nothing. When asked if there was a chance for RS to come back he said that the door is always open but RS coming back would not be fair to Dave and Tico. There you have it - he is gone and the band goes on without him . Writing in 2015 and CD 2016

Many housewives will be happy with this thought.

By the way, what band? Dave and Tico not write songs, not recorded in the studio the last years. Why not be fair to Dave and Tico?

JON4EVA 11-19-2014 01:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sissy3 (Post 1183308)

From the sounds of it Richie being "officially out of the band" basically just means Jon hasn't heard from him for so long he's given up on him being a band member and is choosing to move on without him. But if Richie were to turn up one day having sorted out his mid-life crisis and wanting to seriously recommit to the band I find it hard to imagine Jon saying no. (Regardless of whether it's fair to Dave and Tico or not.) Whether Richie would/should do that is of course a very different matter!

I just don't see us getting any definitive "official" confirmation from either "Bon Jovi" or Richie. The only official scenario I can envisage is if another "Bon Jovi" album is released and it has just Jon, David & Tico on the cover.