Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   I just heard... (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=38973)

-K9- 02-28-2007 02:49 AM

I just heard...

Nothing, Unbreakable, and Dirty Little Secret for the first time...and I wonder why songs like Wildflower, Last Cigarette, and Bells of Freedom made HAND and these amazing songs didn't...

Captain_jovi 02-28-2007 03:07 AM

All comes down to opinion. Personally I'd take BoF over Unbreakable any day. From what I recall, Jon just didn't care for those songs.

bjcrazycpa 02-28-2007 03:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 726732)
All comes down to opinion. Personally I'd take BoF over Unbreakable any day. From what I recall, Jon just didn't care for those songs.

I've never gotten the appeal of Unbreakable. I'm with Jon on that one. I really like Nothing but it's too close to I Am and DLS just doesn't fit the record. One Last Cigarette is my favorite so I'm glad Jon bumped Unbreakable for it, lol!

deb

haveaniceday 02-28-2007 03:49 AM

Unbreakable definitely should have been on the album. I've let a couple of my friends who are casual fans listen to it and they say it would be their favorite on the album. Just b/c the die-hards don't like it doesn't mean it wouldn't have gone over well. The other two bonus tracks aren't very good.

bjcrazycpa 02-28-2007 03:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by haveaniceday (Post 726748)
Unbreakable definitely should have been on the album. I've let a couple of my friends who are casual fans listen to it and they say it would be their favorite on the album. Just b/c the die-hards don't like it doesn't mean it wouldn't have gone over well. The other two bonus tracks aren't very good.

I just don't like all the synth sound. But, I will say I agree with you on the point of a die hard liking a song doesn't make it a hit and vice versa.

deb

Captain_jovi 02-28-2007 03:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by haveaniceday (Post 726748)

That's sort of it. I don't like the song but I think it would have gone over well with people. It's very very poppy, lots of rhyming, stand your ground, yadda yadda. From a pop fan's perspective, it's gold. From an artistic point of view, it's fluff. I go back and forth on loving it and not liking it.

Javier 02-28-2007 05:12 AM

Dirty Little Secret Rocks.
Nothing is a good song but I am is better.
Unbreakable ****ing sucks!!!!

Mr. Saturday Night 02-28-2007 06:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Javier (Post 726765)

Quoted for truth. Preach on.

-K9- 02-28-2007 01:45 PM

Quote:

I'd take Unbreakable before WIldflower and Last Cigarette anyday...those two songs are the weak spot of HAND for me...Nothing is good, but not as good as I Am, and Dirty Little Secret is ok too...beats Last Cigarette

jbjhand 02-28-2007 02:15 PM

Quote:

unbreakable does suck its a piece of junk im glad it didnt make the album.
DLS could have been better the lyrics were better than the tune