Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   What are your past 15 year highlights? (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=69111)

Rdkopper 07-01-2015 10:54 PM

What are your past 15 year highlights?

So the first 15 years are factually better than the second half but was it all that bad?

Curious to know what people thought were some great points. Could be anything. Songs, concerts, albums, Jon's hair etc.

Here are my top moments.

1. It's My Life - great comeback song
2. Hallelujah - the last cover Jon owned prior to that was Levon and Jon did it justice.
3. Bon Jovi doing stadium tours to promote each album in the US. Regardless of the performances/shows themselves, getting 50 thousand plus fans for an outdoor summer party is always a blast.
4. Make A Memory - Killer Song
5. Love's The Only Rule - Killer Song
6 Because We Can - Sorry, I like the song
7. It's Only Make Believe - Great live cover with passion
8. The Box Set - Some real gems in there. Enough to make a solid album
9. Jon hosting SNL
10. KOS - Yes, that's right... After each tour being a disappointing carbon copy of the last one, this was a nice switch. The Red Bank show was great last year and so was American Pie. I don't mind Jon doing these shows as side projects as long as it doesn't become the next "Bon Jovi".
11. This Left Feels Right - Just Kidding....

united17 07-01-2015 11:44 PM

1. Have A Nice Day - the record, the song, the attitude, the album cover.

2. Misunderstood - surprised the single mix of this song didn't become a hit, one of the best post 2K tracks.

3. Jon's HAND era hair, he looked young, fresh but still rock star.

4. Jon in this SNL digital short (US Only):
https://screen.yahoo.com/snl-digital...000000010.html

5. The Circle Tour - I didn't get to see a show but I loved watching the videos.

6. The BWC stadium tour stage.

7. Being referred to as "Mr. Bovine Joni himself" on It's Always Sunny

8. Jon's Captain America Jacket.

9. The WAN album cover art.

Rdkopper 07-02-2015 04:30 AM

I'm gonna add a few more...

- Unplugged 2007 - Along with some of those performances. Ie IML with AAR was really composed well especially with Richie half in the bag.

- Both Borgotta shows in '03 & '04... Even though TLFR was a bust. A one time performance of those songs live was actually somewhat of a highlight. In addition, the Box Set set with Jon on Drums was also a great night. (I was at both)

- Eve Of Destruction

- 10 sold out nights at the Prudential Center (I went to about half of them)

- 12 12 12 performances (Only because it was probably the last big Jovi highlight in terms of a performance)

- 911 Tribute in Time Square

yomamasofat 07-02-2015 05:30 AM

In no particular order:

1. The Box Set. Even though not all songs are great (some are actually puke inducing) but the way they approached and released this set is an example of doing things right for the fans. Other bands should take notice.
2. Have A Nice Day - killer song
3. It's My Life - killer song that saved their career
4. Who Says You Can't Go Home - great crossover song
5. Just Older and Love's The Only Rule - best songs in their respective albums (which happen to be their best albums in the last 15 years)

That's it.

bounce442 07-02-2015 08:21 AM

1. The Crush Album - yes, IML saved their career but the whole album is near perfect and certainly perfect for them at that time.

2. The Circle Tour - SFTP acoustic, Richie's Homebound Train, long shows and frequent audibles... best tour I've seen in person.

3a. Keep the Faith/Sympathy medley on the OWN tour.
3b. Their stage entrance on the OWN tour.

4. Undivided

5. The HAND Album - the title track is good, but besides a couple weak tracks, it is a very impressive album.

5. Make a Memory

6. The Stage Satellites on the Bounce arena tour

7. The Live Acoustic Record we never got - Heroes, Something to Believe in - I'd really enjoy hearing it one day

8. The Box Set

9. That's What the Water Made Me

10. The Crush B-Sides

Edit - Bumped to 11. This Left Feels Right - yes, it gets pretty bad in places, but dammit they tried something daring and unfortunately this will be the last time we see that type of courage from this band.

jovifan93 07-02-2015 11:42 AM

Agree with most of the points. I'd like to add the Stand By Me duet from a couple of years ago. So f*cking great :-)

Also Live 2011 European Tour, what a blast. Actually I enjoyed almost all of the last 15 years, only Jon's decline on the seconds half of the last tour was making me cry :-(

jovifan93 07-02-2015 11:44 AM

Oh, one thing: what's Eve Of Destruction ???

Rdkopper 07-02-2015 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jovifan93 (Post 1188988)
Oh, one thing: what's Eve Of Destruction ???

The Washington version is better which is not on YT

Denmad 07-02-2015 01:22 PM

Here is an objective list of the most important events:

1. Reunion with Alec (Camden 2001 & Giants 2001)
2. Largest crowd during BJ Concert - 500,000 (Times Square 2002)
3. Shepherd's Bush Empire 2002 webcast
4. Box-set
5. BJ inducted into the UK Hall of Fame
6. 1st Grammy Award for "Who Says You Can't Go Home" (but I hate this song)
7. JBJ & RS inducted into the Songwriters Hall of Fame
8. "Live at Madison Square Garden" DVD/Blu-ray
9. "When We Were Beautiful" movie

+ some more several subjective live events:

1. 2 closing concerts of Old Wembley Stadium (September 2000)
2. The Concert for NYC (October 2001)
3. Yokohama 2003 (acoustic show)
4. Kiel 2003 (acoustic/electric show)
5. Live 8 (2005)
6. Live Earth (2007)
7. "Any Other Day" London 2007 guitar solo (Richie's comeback after his 1st rehab)
8. Royal Variety Performance (Liverpool 2007)
9. 12.12.12 Sandy Relief
10. Cleveland 2013 webcast

Becky 07-02-2015 03:57 PM

*The come back hit of It's My Life taking the world by storm

*Seeing the band in St. Louis in 2000. It had been a while since my last show and they were amazing that night. Believe it or not, it was the first time I ever got to hear I'll Be There for You and that was one song I had been dying to hear forever so I was over the moon--and I heard it properly sung by Jon. I don't even like the song Never Say Goodbye all that much, but Jon came out for another encore by himself and started it acoustically and I just about lost it. Then everyone else joined him.

*Traveling to Atlanta with my dad and my friends Julie and Colleen along with a girl from Alabama (via India) to see them in 2003. I didn't know it was the last road trip I'd take with my dad. He quipped that I had a variety of friends (A Yankee, a Redneck, and an Indian). Of course, the concert was great too, but the memories are more important.

*The Borgata shows for TLFR. I was sick as a damn dog at both of them, but they were really great shows. I usually can't stand Bad Name live, but it was one of he highlights of those shows. I liked night one better. I wish they'd done the DVD of it.

*The duet with Keith Urban. It may not have been released, but I'll always enjoy it anyway.

*The Box Set: In particular certain songs--Satellite, You Can Sleep While I Dream, Rich Man Living in a Poor Man's House, Kidnap an Angel...several others I can't remember right now because it's too early in the morning!

*Seeing the band in Omaha in 2005. It had been a while since I had seen them last and a lot had happened. I had kind of gotten away from Bon Jovi because my father had died and I associated so much of Bon Jovi with him. I had very much gotten into Keith Urban and had been following him in concert and since he puts on an utterly amazing show and is such a phenomenal guitarist in addition to being a great front man/singer I was honestly wondering if Bon Jovi would even live up anymore. Also, I saw both acts in Omaha just a few weeks apart (my signature pictures are both from Omaha). So I was relieved and impressed when I saw Bon Jovi and they were just as good as I remembered them. Jon's still the best front man in the world.

*Lost Highway album. I really enjoy that album.

*Walk Like a Man bonus track--not only should it have been on the regular album, it should have been a single. If they had anyone in their camp who actually listened to country music they would have known that was the song that would have grabbed the country market, both males and females.

*Seeing a couple of shows in Boston on the Lost Highway tour. Colleen had apparently tried to kill me the night before the first show with her cooking (food poisoning) so before we ever left for the show I told her I wished we didn't have even have tickets because I didn't feel like going. (She's thinking "Do I take her to I take her to the ER or the psych ward?" at this point.) Somehow as soon as the show started, I was completely cured. :lol:

*Road trip to Kentucky with Colleen to see them at Churchill Downs in 2010. Dierks Bentley joined them for Wanted Dead of Alive. (I put it on youtube but I can't remember my username. This is someone else's video of it.)

*Jon & Richie being inducted to Songwriter's Hall of Fame
*Jon's 2nd Golden Globe Nomination
*Winning a Grammy Award
*Charting a #1 Country Song
*Jon's performance of Hallelujah on MSG
*You Want to Make a Memory
*Whole Lot of Leaving
*Love's the Only Rule
*We Got It Going On (Shut up--I love this song... it's gotten me through many a bad day at work)
*I Am
*The Distance
*Mystery Train
*Just Older
*Beautiful World
*What's Left of Me