Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Other Bands (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Taylor Swift's "reinvention" (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=68723)

Panda 09-21-2014 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ezearis (Post 1182073)
Good luck with her not dumping you and writing a song about your relationship.

Still worth it.

Supersonic 09-21-2014 10:47 PM

Aloha !

Quote:

Originally Posted by ezearis (Post 1182073)
Good luck with her not dumping you and writing a song about your relationship.

Having seen Erik's dedicated performances on youTube I'd say there's quite a chance of him dedicating a song or two to her instead.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

Panda 09-23-2014 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supersonic (Post 1182077)
Aloha !

Having seen Erik's dedicated performances on youTube I'd say there's quite a chance of him dedicating a song or two to her instead.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

I'm an excellent singer.

rocknation 09-24-2014 06:46 AM

Reinvention accomplished -- and you got plagiarized by Fox News AND Rolling Stone, to boot:
Ch-ch-ch-ch-changes. David Bowie sang it, and now Taylor Swift is doing it.

The former country star announced she's joined the pop music world with the release of her new single "Shake It Off" and upcoming album 1989.

The typically modest singer also showed off her sexier side on the cover of Rolling Stone magazine. The 24-year-old stuck a sultry pose in a wet white tank-top on the beach...

...Another way Swift is reinventing herself? No more songs about ex-boyfriends...."I don't like seeing slide shows of guys I've apparently dated. I don't like giving comedians the opportunity to make jokes about me at awards shows. I don't like it when headlines read 'Careful, Bro, She'll Write a Song About You,' because it trivializes my work..."

Then shouldn't a pop tart be the LAST thing she should be striving to become? That kind of stuff is MANDATORY if you want to get headlines and sell albums, LOL!

ezearis 10-31-2014 05:42 AM

Out of the Woods it's pretty good. I also like Style, I Wish You Would and This Love. But the album is average at best, at least compared to Fearless and Speak Now.

Walleris 10-31-2014 08:19 AM

I tried listening to her new album. It lasted for about 10 minutes until I switced to something more enjoyable. Boy was it horrible.

Which is really sad, because I used to really like her. Fearless is still a classic album to me as far as modern pop goes. Even Red, while it was very poppy, still had enough songs with substance. None of which I heard while fast-forwarding these new songs. What a shame.

Perhaps I'll give it a more fair chance next time around, since it's mostly getting rave reviews, but not anytime soon.

Savvi 10-31-2014 03:16 PM

My cousin made me listen to her latest album cos she said it was very 80's sounding (and she knows I love most things 80s). I actually REALLY enjoyed two tracks. "Out of the Woods" and "I Wish You Would".

Other songs I don't mind include Style, Blank Space and Welcome to New York.

ezearis 11-01-2014 06:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Savvi (Post 1182984)
My cousin made me listen to her latest album cos she said it was very 80's sounding (and she knows I love most things 80s). I actually REALLY enjoyed two tracks. "Out of the Woods" and "I Wish You Would".

Yeah, those two are pretty good.

life_of_agony 11-01-2014 07:18 AM

I am pleased to say that I am closed minded enough musically that I have never heard a Taylor Swift song, and nor do I plan to. In saying that, I would still be happy to do the intercourse to her.

Mongoose 11-02-2014 01:12 AM

Having to lower the tone :D