Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Alec john such - what happened? (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=68799)

asok80 11-24-2014 05:35 PM

I remember reading somewhere that Alec sold all of his BJ stuff.

Not sure he's running the bike shop anymore either.

He did play with BJ at Giant Stadium back in 2001

Faceman 11-24-2014 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iceman (Post 1183491)
I'm surprised no one has brought up the "possibility" of Alec and Richie getting back together... Ice

That's it! A rock & roll duo and they call themselves "Jack & Daniels" :wink::D

Besides...I'm a Richie fan :wink:

Bill23 11-24-2014 06:04 PM

No offense to Alec (or any bassist) but the world isn't exactly clamoring for a Bon Jovi reunion with his old bassist from 22_+years ago.

It's my faith 11-24-2014 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iceman (Post 1183491)
I'm surprised no one has brought up the "possibility" of Alec and Richie getting back together...

Oh no, not this! :P

Nevermind, Alec isn't playing bass anymore (for a band or whatever). He seems to have quit for good his music career.

yomamasofat 12-09-2014 01:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1183482)
Alex would have to learn and perfect all the songs since he left.

True.
But it's not like the post TD songs have difficult basslines anyway.

bobby_from_finland 12-09-2014 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Faceman (Post 1183493)
That's it! A rock & roll duo and they call themselves "Jack & Daniels" :wink::D

Besides...I'm a Richie fan :wink:

Or Jack D & Jim B. Btw, if Alec would have sucked all the way from 1983, Tico and Richie would have known, having played in same bands with him.

eddie73 09-07-2020 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by life_of_agony (Post 1183472)
The dude just fell off the face of the earth. I would love for him to do a tell all autobiography or something.

Alec was always my favourite member of the band, still is oddly. That would be one hell of a read if he was ever to do a book. Didn't Jon give him a payoff of around $20m when he got fired, I swear I read that somewhere ?

Saw him a dozen times or so in the 80s, phenomenal bass player, great voice and one hell of a stage presence ....Mr Rock n Roll of the band .

Bring him back, with Richie for one last final world tour..... would be huge !

bobby_from_finland 09-07-2020 04:29 PM

Prior to RRHOF Richie said he had missed Alec. And at the show, both Richie and Jon gave him a hug. Not so much hate there.

bonjovi90 09-07-2020 07:07 PM

I don't think there's much hate between them. They may have had different musical ideas in the mid-90's, but that doesn't mean they hate each other as people.

As for Alec, I think even if everyone wanted it, his health would forbid him to do so. I remember hearing he had another motorcycle accident after his time in Bon Jovi where he very much injured his hip and he was walking with a cane at the HoF introduction. I think it was even mentioned in one of the pre-talks that it was hard for him to just stand for a longer time.

TheseDaysEra 09-20-2020 02:17 AM

I was wondering yesterday... is there any footage of Alec making constant mistakes that ultimately led to his dismissal?