Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Well I'm ready.... (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=68772)

Chris_Newton 11-07-2014 05:05 PM

Well I'm ready....

For another album and tour!

Yes I know people will say things about voice etc, but I'm missing the buzz from new album and the whole build up of the day when I go to a jovi concert.

I know it's years away but watching live from London has me wanting another tour!

Walkerboy 11-07-2014 06:23 PM

Personally think they need a long break to come back with completely new ideas.

Jon however seems completely unable to take time off, seeing as he has just announced another Kings of Suburbia "with Elvis" in Vegas in December.
Nothing says "I really appreciate the fines" like bleeding the loyal (and sometimes idiotic) ones dry right before Xmas. He can take a long walk off a short pier as far as I'm concerned.

Chris_Newton 11-07-2014 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Walkerboy (Post 1183078)
Personally think they need a long break to come back with completely new ideas.

Jon however seems completely unable to take time off, seeing as he has just announced another Kings of Suburbia "with Elvis" in Vegas in December.
Nothing says "I really appreciate the fines" like bleeding the loyal (and sometimes idiotic) ones dry right before Xmas. He can take a long walk off a short pier as far as I'm concerned.

No I agree that they probably do need a long break.. Was just saying it from a selfish point of view

Walleris 11-07-2014 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris_Newton (Post 1183076)

I know it's years away but watching live from London has me wanting another tour!

You are using the wrong benchmark.

Try listening to What About Now and then any concert from the Because We Can Tour (I would suggest the final show from Brisbane, because it was streamed live with no mixing corrections afterwards, thus really shows Jon's state of voice) and then tell me you want another album/tour cycle.

Chris_Newton 11-07-2014 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Walleris (Post 1183082)

Try listening to What About Now and then any concert from the Because We Can Tour (I would suggest the final show from Brisbane, because it was streamed live with no mixing corrections afterwards, thus really shows Jon's state of voice) and then tell me you want another album/tour cycle.

I seen them in Manchester and Sunderland and had a amazing time.. Your missing my point, I love the whole day of the concert... Build up, bon jovi songs in the pubs etc.. Not just the concert itself.

bonjovi90 11-07-2014 09:59 PM

I've had that hunger for a new album/tour each time when there was a tour break in the last 8 years - bar this time. I had a good time on my shows last year but the train wreck on which that tour ended isn't something I'd currently want to see. I'm afraid it would just ruin my great memories of my past 11 live shows.
There are tons of other acts out there that I can enjoy until the day they return...if it ever comes...

RonJovi 11-08-2014 12:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Walleris (Post 1183082)

Found WAN CD in my car this week and put it on for the first time in about 12 months.

I was one of those who didn't mind it when it came out but Christ, it's a piece of sh!t of an album. Maybe what went on around it with Richie and the tour has tainted it further but it's a dreadful album.

I'd love a Jon solo album but I'm benchmarking against DA. If WAN is the standard for a Jon solo album, as a lot of people here seemed to think it was, then I hope he sticks to his Soul Kitchen or something else worthwhile.

If this is the standard then I hope I never hear another new Bon Jovi album.

JerseyGiant 11-08-2014 01:02 AM

Not for me thanks not for a looooong time!

Rdkopper 11-08-2014 10:43 AM

I'm ready for a good album and tour. I feel we got cheated out of the last.