Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   New Bon Jovi Releases (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   New album for Jon in 2016 (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=68787)

dumy 11-18-2014 08:29 PM

New album for Jon in 2016

Jon did an interview for 93.3 WMMR radio and said that he is in early stages of writing, will recording in 2015 and the album will be out in 2016.

rolo_tomachi 11-18-2014 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dumy (Post 1183299)
Jon did an interview for 93.3 WMMR radio and said that he is in early stages of writing, will recording in 2015 and the album will be out in 2016.

"JBJ Solo" Album? ... or "BJ brand" album?

dumy 11-18-2014 11:01 PM

I thought it was a solo album but i can be wrong...

SuperBrad 11-19-2014 02:59 AM

Thats good news ....

united17 11-19-2014 06:00 AM

What happened to that break he was talking about? I was hoping some longer time off might mean less BWC/WAN type songs.

Captain_jovi 11-19-2014 06:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by united17 (Post 1183320)
What happened to that break he was talking about? I was hoping some longer time off might mean less BWC/WAN type songs.

If it's a solo album then that's exactly what it would mean.

bounce442 11-19-2014 07:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by united17 (Post 1183320)

If it won't be released until 2016, then there is plenty of time to relax. If he wants to write when he's feeling inspired ( I'm being optimistic here), that's all the better. Write a bunch of songs, let the cream rise, tinker with them... plenty of time to do just that and take a few months off in between. 2016 doesn't seem rushed to me at all.

schlochty 11-19-2014 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bounce442 (Post 1183324)
If it won't be released until 2016, then there is plenty of time to relax. If he wants to write when he's feeling inspired ( I'm being optimistic here), that's all the better. Write a bunch of songs, let the cream rise, tinker with them... plenty of time to do just that and take a few months off in between. 2016 doesn't seem rushed to me at all.

Sadly, in recent years him writing meant that he had nothing else to do. I wonder, how will he manage to sell the writing process as a cathartic means to get over the Buffalo Bills debacle and connecting this to the everyday problems of his blue collar, working-class audience?

IML88 11-19-2014 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by schlochty (Post 1183326)
Sadly, in recent years him writing meant that he had nothing else to do. I wonder, how will he manage to sell the writing process as a cathartic means to get over the Buffalo Bills debacle and connecting this to the everyday problems of his blue collar, working-class audience?

Ha - I was thinking that. I can imagine the interview now. He'll blag the album is about the working man aspiring to reach a dream and falling short. The struggle involved with coming to terms with it, picking yourself up etc etc. Really we all know its about a multi-millionaire kicking his toys out the pram for not being allowed a football team!

As far as a JBJ solo album goes, i've not got alot of interest at this moment. Looking at that photo of him for the humanitarian award that was posted on social media, confirmed to me that he's no longer the charismatic rock front man that brought us all to this forum. He'll produce a sub par acoustic album with shocking lyrics, do a couple of theatre sized shows around the world in 2016/17 and then come back together with the full band for one last world tour a year or two later. Probably to support some form of greatest hits box set.

I'm fast coming to terms with the fact I saw the last great Bon Jovi show back in 2011. I'll never see anything better from them now.

rolo_tomachi 11-19-2014 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by schlochty (Post 1183326)

Remember What's left of me, "We ain't working in our factories, all those jobs went overseas". The guy's a phony, preaching one thing, but he doing contrary. Jon wanted to move the Bills to Canada. Ironic.