Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   No Richie on current leg of the tour (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=55338)

Johny 04-03-2013 09:33 AM

Feel sorry for all US fans. And I very selfishly hope he will be back for Europe. I'm taking my parents to the show for thwe first time to show what is my addiction. And then I paid for a very expensive ticket for a first show in 20 years in Prague..

SadieLady 04-03-2013 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johny (Post 1119174)
Feel sorry for all US fans. And I very selfishly hope he will be back for Europe. I'm taking my parents to the show for thwe first time to show what is my addiction. And then I paid for a very expensive ticket for a first show in 20 years in Prague..

It's hard not to feel selfish given the money involved in seeing the band. For me it is not just a ticket but pricey travel costs and the cost of a hotel--and I don't get paid if I don't work so I am out 3 days of salary.

Ricky Skywalker 04-03-2013 09:54 AM

Found this in comments on bj.com:

"Bon Jovi was without Richie Sambora during the show, with Bon Jovi announcing Sambora, “would not be performing anytime soon.”"

Panda, you were there - Jon really said it that way?

yomamasofat 04-03-2013 09:57 AM

So who's playing all the leads? Banditera?

Lisa71 04-03-2013 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ricky Skywalker (Post 1119176)
Found this in comments on bj.com:

"Bon Jovi was without Richie Sambora during the show, with Bon Jovi announcing Sambora, “would not be performing anytime soon.”"

Panda, you were there - Jon really said it that way?

Here is what I heard.

“Hey Calgary, I need you more than ever tonight,” he begged. “If you haven’t heard by now . . . I got the phone call at about 3:30 this afternoon. We had two choices; pack up and go home or come up here and give you everything we got.

“Richie isn’t in jail or in the hospital or anything . . . but he won’t be playing anytime soon.”

AnnieKTF 04-03-2013 10:18 AM

I thought it was a bad joke when I first saw the news. Realizing it wasn't one made me sick. I hope we get some more news soon. It seems so out of the blue... I wish him all the best. It has to be something serious if he's missing the entire leg.
I feel so sorry for all the fans. And, like others, selfishly hope that he's back for Europe. I can't imagine a Bon Jovi show without Richie. I just can't.
I'll start hating April after this.

WILDJOVIMAN 04-03-2013 10:31 AM

I have the feeling Richie has lost the Faith in Bon Jovi... he´s more a Frontman today.
I can see Richie Split anytime soon. But i think Jon will continue with the Band. Hopefully. Because Jon IS BON JOVI

Kuba80BJ 04-03-2013 10:35 AM

Dear God…this is just so… heartbreaking :( I really don’t think this time it’s about substance abuse. For the whole last week he was on vacation with his daughter and for sure he was not drinking in front of her. She would be the first one not to let him do this. She was tweeting lots of photos and videos with him and he was perfectly fine. Up until Sunday at least. Moreover, he was tweeting he’s excited about the tour resuming on Tuesday. So something must have happened on Monday or Tuesday really.

Whatever it is, it was Richie who was on the hottest fire of them all lately on stage, he truly enjoyed playing, he was so into it, so whatever it is he is the most devastated person in all this that he can’t play now.

I guess at this point, those who believe, can only pray. I will, and that’s the least and at this point the only thing we can do and hope everything goes back to normal as soon as possible.

Bounce7800 04-03-2013 10:37 AM

Wow, that was out of the blue, went to bed last night a few hours before the show and all was fine and now this.

I do hope its nothing bad or health related, he has been looking so well lately which is why this is such a shock. Really gutted for the fans too, no fun having the shows without Richie especially on current form. What a dampener.

NicoRourke 04-03-2013 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WILDJOVIMAN (Post 1119182)
I have the feeling Richie has lost the Faith in Bon Jovi... he´s more a Frontman today.
I can see Richie Split anytime soon. But i think Jon will continue with the Band. Hopefully. Because Jon IS BON JOVI

Well, not for me. No Richie and I'm out of here with all the material we've had since 1984.