Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   No Richie on current leg of the tour (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=55338)

Savvi 04-03-2013 04:05 AM

No Richie on current leg of the tour

http://www.bonjovi.com/en/news/46984...-this-upcoming

Gah! And it's so early in x_x

Wish it was still April 1st...

Emisambora 04-03-2013 04:37 AM

What ?????

Crushgen24/88 04-03-2013 05:14 AM

Like I posted in the Calgary thread, things just keep getting better and better in Jovi-Land. I'm glad I haven't bought tickets for the Metlife shows yet. I did the incomplete band once, not doing it again.

ezearis 04-03-2013 05:43 AM

This sucks. It really does. I'm only hoping that it isn't a fight between him and Jon or something that could put in danger the band.

Also, I'm intrigued to know what happenned and who's going to play with the band this leg.

JoviJovi 04-03-2013 05:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crushgen24/88 (Post 1119060)
Like I posted in the Calgary thread, things just keep getting better and better in Jovi-Land. I'm glad I haven't bought tickets for the Metlife shows yet. I did the incomplete band once, not doing it again.

So pissed that I just bought 1 this last time the FC sold them last week. Now its obvious why they were in a rush to get rid of them. I also did the incomplete band last time around and it truly sucked.

Captmorgs 04-03-2013 05:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ezearis (Post 1119073)
This sucks. It really does. I'm only hoping that it isn't a fight between him and Jon or something that could put in danger the band.

Also, I'm intrigued to know what happenned and who's going to play with the band this leg.

Reports from Calgary say Jon seemed genuinely concerned about Richie. Phil X will likely fill in.

bounce442 04-03-2013 05:58 AM

This is messed up.

TwinFan 04-03-2013 06:02 AM

I guess I can only wish Richie the best and hope he sorts his shit out, whatever that shit may be. But this is just not cool.

Javier 04-03-2013 06:23 AM

Richie is just on route to become a cliche (if he hasn't become one yet). This honestly angers me, this dude was my hero, missing shows like this I only hope it's due to better reasons than relapsing. And don't get me wrong, I hope everything in the dude's life is going well but, it's just disappointing. Thank god for Jon, even if the dude is full of himself, he does care about the shows, same goes for Tico, Dave, Hugh and Bobby, without the full of themselves....

Walleris 04-03-2013 06:27 AM

It made sense in 2011, but this tour so far, he looked completely healthy and in good shape. This whole thing stinks...

WillRunForChocolate 04-03-2013 06:31 AM

Oh crap! I have tickets for Kansas City and Des Moines. What a disappointment.

Bleeding Purist 04-03-2013 06:41 AM

Let's save the assumptions and wait for further details before damning anyone. There will be more details along with the announcement of the replacement.

Iceman 04-03-2013 06:48 AM

Wow.

I'd like to see the band live with Phil X, but this makes me wonder how ****ed up Richie's life is. I'm hoping this is not related to substance abuse in any way.

Ice

PanosBonJovi 04-03-2013 06:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Walleris (Post 1119111)
It made sense in 2011, but this tour so far, he looked completely healthy and in good shape. This whole thing stinks...

Exactly, It doesn't make any sense. And its posted on April 3rd, it has nothing to do with April's Fool

Javier 04-03-2013 06:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bleeding Purist (Post 1119124)
Let's save the assumptions and wait for further details before damning anyone. There will be more details along with the announcement of the replacement.

I guess the least I could do is wait a while before calling him an idiot! lol, the disappointment just gets strong sometimes you know??

Mysterytrain 04-03-2013 06:59 AM

Someone posted on Twitter, 'Heard Richie Sambora just had a heart attack. Hope he pulls through okay. Rock n Roll icon.'

Hope that isn't true.

rocknation 04-03-2013 07:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captmorgs (Post 1119082)
Reports from Calgary say Jon seemed genuinely concerned about Richie. Phil X will likely fill in.

I'm inclined to agree: if there had been some kind of blowout, Jon wouldn't have waited until the next to last second to make the announcement. I just hope there isn't some kind of major illness in the family,

Sambo-Chris 04-03-2013 07:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rocknation (Post 1119138)
I'm inclined to agree: if there had been some kind of blowout, Jon wouldn't have waited until the next to last second to make the announcement. I just hope there isn't some kind of major illness in the family,

10 hours ago he tweeted that he is watching videos from the contest so there must have happened something afterwards.

Savvi 04-03-2013 07:43 AM

Wow really hope it's not a heart attack. That would be awful.

rocknation 04-03-2013 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Savvi (Post 1119144)
Wow really hope it's not a heart attack. That would be awful.

Unfortunately, that's quite possible -- look at how closemouthed the band was about Jon's throat surgery, David's near-fatal stomach parasites and near-career-fatal slicing off of his fingertips, and Tico's herniated discs.

Lisa71 04-03-2013 08:30 AM

I heard that he was with the guys in Calgary and got called away. More likely something to do with family.

Walleris 04-03-2013 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lisa71 (Post 1119155)
I heard that he was with the guys in Calgary and got called away. More likely something to do with family.

I don't think family emergency would cause the band to announce that Richie skips the entire leg right away. Let's wait and see. The worst thing that they can do is not announce the actual reason and leave it with nothing but "personal reasons".

Savvi 04-03-2013 08:34 AM

Apparently Jon found out at 3:30pm that Richie would be unavailable...

http://blogs.edmontonjournal.com/201...-rexall-place/

Dave88 04-03-2013 08:37 AM

JBJ words:

“Hey Calgary, I need you more than ever tonight,” he begged. “If you haven’t heard by now . . . I got the phone call at about 3:30 this afternoon. We had two choices; pack up and go home or come up here and give you everything we got.

“Richie isn’t in jail or in the hospital or anything . . . but he won’t be playing anytime soon.”

http://m.calgarysun.com/2013/04/03/b...ank-saddledome

Savvi 04-03-2013 08:43 AM

Hmm... if it is a family issue I dont think Richie will miss more than this leg. If it is a health problem (which I dont think it seems to be), he could miss more depending on how serious it is. If it is a legal issue well then that's a whole other problem in itself.

At the moment, I'm guessing it is a family issue.

Iceman 04-03-2013 08:43 AM

It could just be a Neil-Young: he sliced his finger pretty bad making a sandwhich and had to cancel the entire European tour.

But if it was a simple injury, you'd think they'd tell it like it is. I guess all we can do is wait and see.

Ice

JoviGirl 04-03-2013 08:47 AM

I'll be at the show tomorrow, so I'll update if I hear anything. Chances are, you will all be on top of it before I am, anyways.

Whomever tweeted a heart attack rumour is ****ed in the head. Not funny.

Bleeding Purist 04-03-2013 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Javier (Post 1119133)
I guess the least I could do is wait a while before calling him an idiot! lol, the disappointment just gets strong sometimes you know??

Yup, I have a show in two weeks.

SadieLady 04-03-2013 09:05 AM

I dont' think it is health issues with Richie--didn't he tour with a broken shoulder to Japan around the time he and Heather broke up? Plus everyone has been commenting how he great he has been looking and playing-- and he even mentions taking care of himself in interviews.

With regard to family issues--didn't he write, record and tour while his father was dealing with cancer? If it is something that just came up with his daughter, that would be another story as he'd want to be with her.

I hope it is not substance abuse but I have no personal knowledge of dealing with it. Can someone fall off the wagon so quick and so hard that rehab is the only immediate solution? I can't help but wish him the best even though I am very disappointed with regard to my upcoming show (my first show).

It just feels very deja vu given that we went through this pretty much one year ago. Now people will know: in future tours, don't buy any tickets for April/May shows.

choclady 04-03-2013 09:05 AM

Oh no.... if he's not back by the time they come to Europe I am selling my tickets :twisted:

Johny 04-03-2013 09:33 AM

Feel sorry for all US fans. And I very selfishly hope he will be back for Europe. I'm taking my parents to the show for thwe first time to show what is my addiction. And then I paid for a very expensive ticket for a first show in 20 years in Prague..

SadieLady 04-03-2013 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johny (Post 1119174)
Feel sorry for all US fans. And I very selfishly hope he will be back for Europe. I'm taking my parents to the show for thwe first time to show what is my addiction. And then I paid for a very expensive ticket for a first show in 20 years in Prague..

It's hard not to feel selfish given the money involved in seeing the band. For me it is not just a ticket but pricey travel costs and the cost of a hotel--and I don't get paid if I don't work so I am out 3 days of salary.

Ricky Skywalker 04-03-2013 09:54 AM

Found this in comments on bj.com:

"Bon Jovi was without Richie Sambora during the show, with Bon Jovi announcing Sambora, “would not be performing anytime soon.”"

Panda, you were there - Jon really said it that way?

yomamasofat 04-03-2013 09:57 AM

So who's playing all the leads? Banditera?

Lisa71 04-03-2013 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ricky Skywalker (Post 1119176)
Found this in comments on bj.com:

"Bon Jovi was without Richie Sambora during the show, with Bon Jovi announcing Sambora, “would not be performing anytime soon.”"

Panda, you were there - Jon really said it that way?

Here is what I heard.

“Hey Calgary, I need you more than ever tonight,” he begged. “If you haven’t heard by now . . . I got the phone call at about 3:30 this afternoon. We had two choices; pack up and go home or come up here and give you everything we got.

“Richie isn’t in jail or in the hospital or anything . . . but he won’t be playing anytime soon.”

AnnieKTF 04-03-2013 10:18 AM

I thought it was a bad joke when I first saw the news. Realizing it wasn't one made me sick. I hope we get some more news soon. It seems so out of the blue... I wish him all the best. It has to be something serious if he's missing the entire leg.
I feel so sorry for all the fans. And, like others, selfishly hope that he's back for Europe. I can't imagine a Bon Jovi show without Richie. I just can't.
I'll start hating April after this.

WILDJOVIMAN 04-03-2013 10:31 AM

I have the feeling Richie has lost the Faith in Bon Jovi... he´s more a Frontman today.
I can see Richie Split anytime soon. But i think Jon will continue with the Band. Hopefully. Because Jon IS BON JOVI

Kuba80BJ 04-03-2013 10:35 AM

Dear God…this is just so… heartbreaking :( I really don’t think this time it’s about substance abuse. For the whole last week he was on vacation with his daughter and for sure he was not drinking in front of her. She would be the first one not to let him do this. She was tweeting lots of photos and videos with him and he was perfectly fine. Up until Sunday at least. Moreover, he was tweeting he’s excited about the tour resuming on Tuesday. So something must have happened on Monday or Tuesday really.

Whatever it is, it was Richie who was on the hottest fire of them all lately on stage, he truly enjoyed playing, he was so into it, so whatever it is he is the most devastated person in all this that he can’t play now.

I guess at this point, those who believe, can only pray. I will, and that’s the least and at this point the only thing we can do and hope everything goes back to normal as soon as possible.

Bounce7800 04-03-2013 10:37 AM

Wow, that was out of the blue, went to bed last night a few hours before the show and all was fine and now this.

I do hope its nothing bad or health related, he has been looking so well lately which is why this is such a shock. Really gutted for the fans too, no fun having the shows without Richie especially on current form. What a dampener.

NicoRourke 04-03-2013 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WILDJOVIMAN (Post 1119182)
I have the feeling Richie has lost the Faith in Bon Jovi... he´s more a Frontman today.
I can see Richie Split anytime soon. But i think Jon will continue with the Band. Hopefully. Because Jon IS BON JOVI

Well, not for me. No Richie and I'm out of here with all the material we've had since 1984.