Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Other Bands (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Cops overhear the word "Nickelback," suspect a drug deal (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=68688)

rocknation 08-25-2014 08:22 PM

Cops overhear the word "Nickelback," suspect a drug deal

Quote:

Consequence Of Sound.net ...Kootenai County (Idaho USA) sheriff’s deputies stopped two men, 23-year-old Eric Swinford and 22-year-old Riker Morrow, at a gas station after officers thought they overheard the pair discussing marijuana. While the two men claimed to be talking about another car “blasting Nickelback”, officers instead heard “nickel sack”...(T)he officers were probably thinking of a “nickel bag”, which is approximately $5 worth of marijuana — still illegal to possess within Idaho.

What followed was a tense and awkward detainment, which was all captured on video by Morrow’s cell phone. Officers were unpersuaded by the Nickelback alibi, calling it a “bullshit story”, and then proceeded to interrogate the two and search their vehicle. As The Washington Post points out, “the audio seems to indicate that (a deputy) drew his gun just before pulling one of the men from the car and handcuffing him"...

Watch the entire incident...And remember: check yourself before you talk about post-grunge in front of cops.

Hey, maybe the band's name IS a code word -- maybe "nickelback" is Canadian for "nickel bag!" Do their fan club members get one with a premium membership? It would certainly explain their 30 million albums sold -- and why Richie's been seen hanging out with them!

Kathleen 08-26-2014 01:45 AM

Dear god that is a horror story. I remember something similar (back in the day) where the cops would stop any car that had that triangle on it (Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon). Still makes my blood boil.

rocknation 08-26-2014 03:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kathleen (Post 1181480)
... I remember something similar (back in the day) where the cops would stop any car that had that triangle on it (Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon)...

And before that, they were lookng for Knights In Satan's Service...

P.S. When Van Halen learned that fans on their way to see them in concert had been subjected to a roadblock and drug searches, they filed suit: "You can mess with us, but you CAN'T mess with our fans!"

steel_horse75 08-27-2014 10:12 PM

new album out in Nov

rocknation 09-02-2014 07:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steel_horse75 (Post 1181495)
New album out in Nov.

The album is to be titled No Fixed Address. DEFINITELY don't say that around a cop -- you could get run in for drugs AND vagrancy!

rocknation 09-08-2014 10:00 PM

And now for something completely similar:
Quote:

The (New York City Police Department) has dispensed a ($33,000US) settlement to three Brooklyn men who sued...after cops bizarrely mistook Jolly Rancher candies for crystal meth...

(Two men) were stopped by the cops shortly after leaving the It’Sugar candy (store)...where they had purchased various sweet treats including Jolly Ranchers...(A third man), standing nearby with his 3-year-old daughter, protested the arrests...(A)n officer...ordered (his) arrest...

Police Officers...handcuffed the men and claimed that an undercover colleague had observed them selling drugs...The (lawsuit) papers state, “Finding only candy, including the Jolly Rancher candy mentioned, the officers...searched them...repeatedly and told them it was 'only a matter of time' before they found something..."

Court documents...asserted that the cops had performed a field test on the candy and it tested positive for a controlled substance...After the suit was filed...the plaintiffs’ lawyer...said he was informed by the city that there was in fact no drug field test performed and that the cops insisted the district attorney's officer was never told otherwise.

"To my knowledge there is no evidence in the scientific literature that crystal meth looks like Jolly Ranchers or rock candy, other than from the Breaking Bad TV show," (said the) lawyer...

I also recall Sebastian Bach telling a story about drinking from a bottle of spring water before going onstage, which a cop mistook for a bottle of vodka! An "altercation" ensued, but the charges were eventually dropped. And I myself was once accused of jumping over a subway turnstile though I was weighed down with both a full-sized briefcase AND a 24 by 18 by 4-inch (70 by 46 by 10cm) portfolio at the time! Fortunately, the subway token clerk vouched for me.

Mongoose 09-08-2014 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rocknation (Post 1181601)
According to this story, the album is to be titled No Fixed Address. DEFINITELY don't mention that around a cop -- you might get run in for vagrancy!

Sheriff tried to run John Rambo in for vagrancy, big mistake.

ezearis 09-09-2014 12:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steel_horse75 (Post 1181495)
new album out in Nov

I really like Nickelback but Edge of a Revolution is pure crap and What Are You Waiting For is not that great.

Hope the rest of the album is better.