Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   No Richie on current leg of the tour (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=55338)

steel_horse75 04-03-2013 05:21 PM

Dont get me wrong I want Jovi with Sambora in but if he cant quit his addictions (not easy i know) then he needs to walk from the band.
Every night he dont turn up he is letting 1000s of people down.

jbjhand 04-03-2013 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beaky (Post 1119303)
... and addiction is classified as a disease... Fact. Your ignorance is a choice.

It's a scientific fact and not because 'everything's a disease nowadays' or 'we have to give everything a name' or 'there's an excuse for everything today, didn't happen in my day' etc etc... It's because we understand it more today than we did 20 years ago.

Do people make the choice to pick up a bottle or needle? Absolutely. Does life/depression/circumstance have a say in it? Undoubtedly. Am I glad I have never been in the situation where it's affected me? 100%. I am sure many people with the attitude that addiction is a choice firmly believe that it comes from a weakness, a weakness they don't possess. I would never presume that myself as one day, it might bite me squarely in the arse.

Your rudeness was as predictable as your ignorance.

I have been personally affected by what you call a disease and I can assure you it is no such thing. An addiction is not a disease. Now unless you are unilaterally commandeering the English language and redefining words you should think again.

You should consider an apology for being so ignorant and rude whilst you are at it.

Rdkopper 04-03-2013 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steel_horse75 (Post 1119309)
If my habits forced me to miss days off work they would sack me and my work dont involve 100,000s of people paying good hard earned money to watch me play.
He needs to either stop for good or quit the band.

Not true by law in the US! If you admit to your problem like Richie did, your employer cannot fire you and needs to provide help. Especially if its work related stress.

bjcrazycpa 04-03-2013 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NicoRourke (Post 1119299)
So who played Richie's parts yesterday?

Too short of notice to get someone.

ezearis 04-03-2013 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thierry (Post 1119269)
Is he performing with Bon Jovi tonight. He is an awesome guitar player and a good singer. A perfect replacement I'd think :).

+1. Phil X kicked ass in the lastest tour, and as everyone said, Jon was on fire. With Phil X we had some of the best I'll Be There For You and Lay Your Hands On Me of that tour!

bonjovi90 04-03-2013 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kathleen (Post 1119308)

Life will go on without Richie.

Which, for me, would mean life goes on without Bon Jovi. Phil X surely is a nice guy and lightyears ahead of Bobby with his playing, but BJ is the chemistry between Jon and Richie onstage for me.
If I want a guy who can play close to what Richie does I'll stick with Bounce.

Walkerboy 04-03-2013 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1119312)
But do you have "Diamond Circle tickets" ?

And there are other avenues to explore as well besides Stub-Hub if you really want to dump your tickets at face value.

a) Yes, I have Diamond Circle tickets.
b) As of May 1st Ebay switch ticket sales to StubHub..... But I know there are people who were interested in them, or were before this news broke.

bonjovi90 04-03-2013 05:27 PM

No one knows if he misses due to alcohol problems again - so no real need for going on about firing him again. If it gets confirmed - then it's a different thing.

rolo_tomachi 04-03-2013 05:30 PM

Phil is a patch uncomfortable.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kathleen (Post 1119308)
Life will go on without Richie.

You don't love the band, only the man.
sad but true.

Rdkopper 04-03-2013 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1119324)
No one knows if he misses due to alcohol problems again - so no real need for going on about firing him again. If it gets confirmed - then it's a different thing.

I totally agree.