Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   No Richie on current leg of the tour (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=55338)

jovifan93 05-26-2013 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrNickel (Post 1133753)
May be a stupid question, but apart from "Blaze of Glory" is WAN the first album where a Jon solo track was included on it ?

Yes, only on Cross Road/Greatest Hits and the WAN Deluxe Edition (!) as bonus track, not as part of the album. And I think they kind of made Blaze a band song over the years, which is why it's on the greatest hits..

Of course there are numerous songs only written by Jon (or credited for), like Bed Of Roses, Always, etc. but those are not Jon solo songs, but Band songs as well...

Captain_jovi 05-26-2013 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jovifan93 (Post 1133778)
Yes, only on Cross Road/Greatest Hits and the WAN Deluxe Edition (!) as bonus track, not as part of the album. And I think they kind of made Blaze a band song over the years, which is why it's on the greatest hits..

Of course there are numerous songs only written by Jon (or credited for), like Bed Of Roses, Always, etc. but those are not Jon solo songs, but Band songs as well...

There are a lot of Jon tracks (songs performed with his solo band) on band releases but there's at least a few band songs that wound up on solo material too so I guess it goes both ways.

WillRunForChocolate 05-26-2013 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jublke (Post 1133771)
Okay, I'm going to combine a couple of theories and throw a new one out there. Somewhere along the line, we have a rumor that Jon threw Richie off the tour because he wanted a clean tour ... we also have the rumor that Richie was drinking too much / feared he'd fall off the wagon / went to rehab.

What if Richie is reasonably clean but not 100% sober? That might explain the "tip-top" type tweets along with Jon's implications that it's alcohol related. Maybe Jon demanded an alcohol-free Richie and Richie said screw that, you are way overstepping your bounds here, I'm performing fine.

Just a thought.

jublke

Well we know Jon is not demanding an alcohol-free tour. Have you seen the pics Phil X tweeted with his booze on the private plane? :)

Marie_ 05-26-2013 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrNickel (Post 1133755)
Imagine if Jon actually used Twitter how amazing this whole thing would be. A war of tweets.

And the end of Matt twitting about the band :rolleyes:

StoneDeaf 05-26-2013 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Savvi (Post 1133763)
Jon solo written songs...

The Fighter
Put the Boy Back in Cowboy
Walk Like a Man
Novocaine
Wildflower
Right Side of Wrong
No Regret
Postcards from the Wasteland
Save the World
I Got the Girl
(It's Hard) Letting You Go
Something to Believe In
Always
Bed of Roses
Dry County
Woman in Love
Fear
I Want You
Living in Sin
Wild in the Streets
In and Out of Love
Price of Love
Silent Night

Actually credited as "Jon Bon Jovi"...
Blaze of Glory
Old Habits Die Hard
Not Running Anymore

According to wikipedia anyway.

GOOD Jon solo written songs:
Dry County
In And Out Of Love

....so indeed, "Bon Jovi" works better as group effort.

Becky 05-26-2013 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StoneDeaf (Post 1133786)
GOOD Jon solo written songs:
Dry County
In And Out Of Love

....so indeed, "Bon Jovi" works better as group effort.

Dude, you have no taste! ;)

I'm just kidding with you. Taste is subjective. I like most of the songs Jon wrote by himself.

StoneDeaf 05-26-2013 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Becky (Post 1133788)
Dude, you have no taste! ;)

I'm just kidding with you. Taste is subjective. I like most of the songs Jon wrote by himself.

Well, when it comes to opinions & preferences of majority on this board, I happily admit the first part. I do admit that I so dislike 95% post-ktf-Bon Jovi. And perhaps some 25% of pre.

Taste being subjective indeed. At times is kinda odd that only certain taste qualifies as "being a Bon Jovi fan." ;)

Alphavictim 05-26-2013 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Becky (Post 1133772)
I don't have all the songs Jon wrote by himself memorized, but I'm certain that he wrote I Believe by himself and they left that off the list.

And Postcards was written together with Richie and Mary Green (whoever that is). And No Regrets together with Richie and Martii Fredricksen.

GabrielC 05-26-2013 06:56 PM

Postcards From the Wasteland is great. Just sayin'.

bjcrazycpa 05-26-2013 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GabrielC (Post 1133803)
Postcards From the Wasteland is great. Just sayin'.

Totally agree, it could have replaced Joey!!