Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   No Richie on current leg of the tour (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=55338)

The Rock 04-03-2013 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danfan (Post 1119197)
Very inadequate information. This leg? Does that mean just Canada? Europe? Summer?

Something tells me, all is not good in Joviland.

They play for three weeks until their next break. I am presuming they mean this part of the tour.

Living_on_my_Hair 04-03-2013 12:26 PM

If he's not 'in hospital' as they claim in the statement (if this term includes rehab and any other type of medical/mental health treatment) then maybe this is simply a precursor for Richie leaving the band for good, and to go on do his own thing which we all know how much he enjoys. And in a few months from now the official decision will be announced? But it all seems very sudden :/

He's still working on his solo stuff as his recent tweeting has told us, maybe he just wasn't feeling the Bon Jovi vibe in the big machine with such a long tour ahead of him (this is certainly the vibe I get a lot when I hear interviews with him).

Saying all that, maybe it's a family thing. And if that's the case, then it's none of my business really, and I wish him all the best.

Andi

ezearis 04-03-2013 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danfan (Post 1119197)
Very inadequate information. This leg? Does that mean just Canada? Europe? Summer?

Something tells me, all is not good in Joviland.

I think "this leg" translates to "Until South African/European tour kicks off".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Because_We_Can:_The_Tour

Johny 04-03-2013 12:45 PM

I don't see it as he's leaving the band. If so, I bet he would do it after the tour or before rocording WAN.

I think ir could be some severe family problem, I thought that with Ava but someone said she tweeted something, so who knows. It must be serious, he didn't skip concerts for any reasons (health, family) only because of rehab.

They better let us know soon to stop the speculations.

Beaky 04-03-2013 01:15 PM

All conjecture really but here's my scenario, for what it's worth...

Richie has spent 30 years dealing with Jon, he knows he's a spoilt child at times, he knows it's his job to keep things light and keep the energy positive. Even with how much he enjoyed his solo stuff, Jon is the meal-ticket and the only way any of this band are playing big venues, to masses of people is together. Richie knows that.

Richie is also NOT Noel f*cking Gallagher. Personally, I can't see him jacking in a tour because he and Jon have fallen out or he's had enough. See the reasons above and add this to them... He wouldn't let the fans down... his career would be over and he just isn't the type. To leave at such short notice, to tell Jon by phone, this is a true family emergency. He has been taking his mother with him a lot since Sandy hit and she's popped up in the audience of some talk shows... even Jon showed her some love on live TV.

If I had to predict anything, I would say she's really not well at all and Richie told Jon he had to go and was told 'Go, don't worry about this leg, do what you've got to do.' This band had no problem telling the world that Richie had fallen off the wagon but they always keep the details as scant as possible when it's about their immediate family; it's not our business, after all.

If this was an issue between Jon and Richie, it would hardly matter. They don't share cars, they don't room together, they hardly see each other unless it's a press day. Richie would stand on stage for 2 hours, then leave and not have to see JBJ again til the next gig. I have faith in the man, he'd see out the tour and then leave the band. I think, unfortunately, this is something much more testing for Richie than a spat with Jon or a tumble off of the wagon.

nikos greece 04-03-2013 01:33 PM

i also agree that richie wouldnt leave the band high and dry like this...its either a family issue or in rehab...addictions are really really hard to overcome but richie would dissapoint a lot of people if this is the case again...helooked and sounded great though

RonJovi 04-03-2013 01:35 PM

Wow

Can see any of the potential explanations being true although would be surprised if it's rehab and they haven't just said that. To me, a familiy emergency seems the most likely although I wouldn't be surprised if he has left the band.

Fair play to Jon and the others for pulling last night out of the bag. I understand they donated 100k to a shelter in the area as a gesture to fans which is great if true.

If Richie has left, he's completely washed up. AOTL tanked spectacularly. Bon Jovi is the only way he will perform to any decent sized crowd.

Either way, it's all only music and I hope him and his family are okay.

NicoRourke 04-03-2013 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beaky (Post 1119207)
even Jon showed her some love on live TV.

Where can one see that?

kenobi_on_a_prayer 04-03-2013 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NicoRourke (Post 1119210)
Where can one see that?

Katie Couric interview

Robd788 04-03-2013 01:57 PM

Just seen someone on Facebook post that Bon Jovi will release a statment today. Not sure if it is true, I have not seen anything else anywhere.