Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   No Richie on current leg of the tour (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=55338)

jovigirloz 04-03-2013 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robd788 (Post 1119213)
Just seen someone on Facebook post that Bon Jovi will release a statment today. Not sure if it is true, I have not seen anything else anywhere.

I saw that too.

hackster73 04-03-2013 02:02 PM

This is getting tedious now... Richie is as much Bon Jovi as Jon for me and the sound isnt complete without him. I would be pissed if he wasnt playing at a show I was attending... I know that sounds selfish but there you go. I hope he is back soon.

RS8MB0R8 04-03-2013 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RonJovi (Post 1119209)
If Richie has left, he's completely washed up. AOTL tanked spectacularly. Bon Jovi is the only way he will perform to any decent sized crowd.

If this were the case, he's far from 'washed up.' It's nothing to do with the size of the crowds you play to but the quality of them and Richie's solo shows proved he has a better reception in theatre-sized venues than Jovi get playing anything other than classics in a stadium.

I sincerely doubt he'd walk away from the band mid-tour though. It's family stuff or he's in rehab again. If it's family stuff, I only hope it doesn't then become the latter.

RonJovi 04-03-2013 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RS8MB0R8 (Post 1119218)
If this were the case, he's far from 'washed up.' It's nothing to do with the size of the crowds you play to but the quality of them and Richie's solo shows proved he has a better reception in theatre-sized venues than Jovi get playing anything other than classics in a stadium.

I sincerely doubt he'd walk away from the band mid-tour though. It's family stuff or he's in rehab again. If it's family stuff, I only hope it doesn't then become the latter.

If he left the band, I'd like to see the guy have a successful career but he won't. His solo shows were a car crash (in terms of organisation) and turned some of his already small fan base off him.

rolo_tomachi 04-03-2013 02:32 PM

Bon Jovi without Sambora is dry sh!t.

Living_on_my_Hair 04-03-2013 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1119220)
Bon Jovi without Sambora is dry shit.

As opposed to erm..wet sh!t?

Your posts never make any sense, you are either the worlds worst troll (congrats!) or just a pleb.

Andi

kleman 04-03-2013 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1119220)
Bon Jovi without Sambora is dry shit.

Yeah i dont think so. Thats the case for hard fans. I think that 80% from all the fans are there for Jon. Most people still thinks that Bon Jovi are Jon.
Now lets pray for Richie. Hope he is ok!

steel_horse75 04-03-2013 02:38 PM

Richie Sambora will be absent for Bon Jovi’s current run of gigs, the band have said.

In a brief statement they explain the guitarist has “personal issues” and as a result will not appear. They add: “All shows will go on as scheduled.”

The band’s show last night in Calgary started 45 minutes late, after which Jon Bon Jovi told fans: “Richie Sambora won’t be performing for a while. I had two choices – pack up and go home or give you everything I got.”

Local radio station Q107 reported that the singer also said the guitarist was not in jail or hospital, and that the decision was taken to appear without him just a few hours before the gig was set to start.

Sambora seemed intent on appearing as planned last Thursday, when he tweeted: “Happy holiday weekend to all….the tour resumes on Tues… On the move again…”

He missed a run of shows in 2011 after checking himself into rehab to deal with his alcohol and drug problems. He later told Classic Rock that bandmate Jon Bon Jovi hadn’t visited him during his stay, but added: “Everybody was very supportive – my band, my family, my kid. It was like, ‘Hey, go get better, man. Do what you gotta do.’”

Bon Jovi himself said of Sambora: “It was great for Richie to go and take care of himself, knowing full well he was not being fired or punished. He needed and wanted to seek help.

“But the show goes on. I’m not beholden to anyone. To be honest about it, we’ve got to pay a road crew, who are dependent on that paycheck to put food on the table and shoes on their kids’ feet. You can’t put them out of work.”

steel_horse75 04-03-2013 02:38 PM

Time to replace him.....full time

CKatz 04-03-2013 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RonJovi (Post 1119219)
If he left the band, I'd like to see the guy have a successful career but he won't. His solo shows were a car crash (in terms of organisation) and turned some of his already small fan base off him.

Making music you care about is much more important than commercial success. Richie doesn't need to work in order to put food on his table. He is already rich enough so he is free to do whatever he wants. He admitted he enjoyed making Aftermath more than anything else he has done in years. So I won't blame him if he decides he doesn't want to be in the band anymore. Bon Jovi is not a life sentence.