Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   No Richie on current leg of the tour (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=55338)

sweetmisery 04-03-2013 02:45 PM

Man, sad news. I hope its nothing permanent. As much as its Jon I want to see the most, Richie is part of Bon Jovi.

Gabriel Shoes 04-03-2013 02:45 PM

That's funny, a lot of ppl here criticizes the band for being too much commercial, Jon The CEO, et cetera. Now, there's a chance that Richie is doing what artistically makes him happier, and a chance to leave this behind for a while and people criticizes him for playing in small theaters.

I really don't know what happened to the guy, but if he decides to go solo this year I'll go with him. His solo album is WAY better than WAN IMHO and it's not his fault that the CEO "wanted to work" in the start of his tour and still, the guy never got the chance to release his second single.

Let's wait and see.

RonJovi 04-03-2013 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gabriel Shoes (Post 1119227)
That's funny, a lot of ppl here criticizes the band for being too much commercial, Jon The CEO, et cetera. Now, there's a chance that Richie is doing what artistically makes him happier, and a chance to leave this behind for a while and people criticizes him for playing in small theaters.

I really don't know what happened to the guy, but if he decides to go solo this year I'll go with him. His solo album is WAY better than WAN IMHO and it's not his fault that the CEO "wanted to work" in the start of his tour and still, the guy never got the chance to release his second single.

Let's wait and see.

No one is criticising him for playing small theatres.

MrIks from Finland 04-03-2013 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RonJovi (Post 1119219)
If he left the band, I'd like to see the guy have a successful career but he won't. His solo shows were a car crash (in terms of organisation) and turned some of his already small fan base off him.

What the hell does this mean??

...I hope he run away. Their new album sucks. It's a total Jon-album. I would be pissed too playing that bullshit.

RonJovi 04-03-2013 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CKatz (Post 1119225)
Making music you care about is much more important than commercial success. Richie doesn't need to work in order to put food on his table. He is already rich enough so he is free to do whatever he wants. He admitted he enjoyed making Aftermath more than anything else he has done in years. So I won't blame him if he decides he doesn't want to be in the band anymore. Bon Jovi is not a life sentence.

Most rock stars have an ego. My guess is that Richie would probably find it hard cope without playing for good sized crowds. It must also be very hard to write songs as great as tracks 7-10 on AOTL and realise that no one, or very few people, gives a shit.

Hopefully it won't come to that and this is temporary.

CKatz 04-03-2013 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gabriel Shoes (Post 1119227)

Let's wait and see.

I agree with everything you said.

jovigirloz 04-03-2013 02:53 PM

I have thought for a while that Richie seemed more excited about his solo projects than anything the band was doing.
I hope whatever is going on with him, that Richie is healthy and happy. If he decides to leave, so be it. If he is ill, I hope he gets better soon.

I doubt if I will buy tickets for Australian dates if he is not with the band.

RonJovi 04-03-2013 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrIks from Finland (Post 1119229)
What the hell does this mean??

Didn't he cancel a bunch of shows? 4 if I'm not mistaken.

There was one person on here who had bought a bunch of tickets for these shows and every one thay they had tickets for was cancelled. IIRC that person said they were done with Richie at that point.

You can bet there were more who were stung and who were massively pissed off at him. I would have been especially when he used a fairly weak excuse.

CKatz 04-03-2013 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RonJovi (Post 1119230)
Most rock stars have an ego. My guess is that Richie would probably find it hard cope without playing for good sized crowds. It must also be very hard to write songs as great as tracks 7-10 on AOTL and realise that no one, or very few people, gives a shit.

Hopefully it won't come to that and this is temporary.

I don't know if you were able to see Richie on his solo tour, but he was coping just fine with theater sized crowds. Better than fine... I have never seen him enjoy himself so much onstage.

RonJovi 04-03-2013 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CKatz (Post 1119234)
I don't know if you were able to see Richie on his solo tour, bit he was coping just fine with theater sized crowds. Better than fine... I have never seen him enjoy himself so much onstage.

Unfortunately not. If he can make a career out of it and was happy doing it then I'd be delighted for him. Would love to see him, Jon or the band in a small venue. Nothing wrong with that at all.