Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   No Richie on current leg of the tour (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=55338)

Mysterytrain 04-03-2013 03:02 PM

Yes, I've gotten the same vibe about where his heart seems to be re: music: He's doing a contest for 'Every Road', put up a couple of vids on his YouTube account of the duets with the violin player; he's still pushing 'Aftermath' in the midst of touring 'WAN'. Isn't it true that he only co-wrote a few of the songs on 'WAN'?

Also, I've noticed his language about the Bon Jovi album/tour is often impersonal; he uses terms like 'machine' or 'monster tour'---almost like 'here we go again' or like it's something that's an obligation that he has little control over. He's said he wants to be like The Rolling Stones and play until he dies...but in what way? With Bon Jovi? Solo? I do remember a recent interview where he said he wants to do more solo work more frequently. Luckily, his career in Bon Jovi has given him the financial stability to do that, if he chooses.

RonJovi 04-03-2013 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mysterytrain (Post 1119236)
Yes, I've gotten the same vibe about where his heart seems to be re: music: He's doing a contest for 'Every Road', put up a couple of vids on his YouTube account of the duets with the violin player; he's still pushing 'Aftermath' in the midst of touring 'WAN'. Isn't it true that he only co-wrote a few of the songs on 'WAN'?

Also, I've noticed his language about the Bon Jovi album/tour is often impersonal; he uses terms like 'machine' or 'monster tour'---almost like 'here we go again' or like it's something that's an obligation that he has little control over. He's said he wants to be like The Rolling Stones and play until he dies...but in what way? With Bon Jovi? Solo? I do remember a recent interview where he said he wants to do more solo work more frequently. Luckily, his career in Bon Jovi has given him the financial stability to do that, if he chooses.

I've gotten that impression from interviews too but it's hard to tell with Richie because he does talk a lot of nonsense sometimes.

Not sure he would tour if he was losing his own money though.

Robd788 04-03-2013 03:10 PM

I think Richie is enough of a professional not to leave in the middle of a tour when he knows the bulk of his solo audience have shelled out loads to see Bon Jovi this tour.

If he was going to leave the band he would do it after the tour has finished. Maybe announce it before the end of the tour, but he would still finish the tour.

samboraisgodUK 04-03-2013 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steel_horse75 (Post 1119224)
Time to replace him.....full time

You're an idiot.

danfan 04-03-2013 03:30 PM

I can see Richie having had enough of the "Jon Bon Jovi Machine". He doesn't co-write nearly as much as he used to. The songs have no solos in them. Bobby does half of them live.

Of course, I hope he understands, if he goes on his own, he won't find many people at his shows unless he's playing clubs. But if that makes him happy, so be it.

It's sad as no one can replace Richie's background "Wanted", but truth be told, there are far better guitar players out there. I would never have said that 15 years ago, but Richie hasn't impressed me at all in the live setting since about 1996.

danfan 04-03-2013 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by samboraisgodUK (Post 1119240)
You're an idiot.

No he's not. Richie has some issues that he obviously keeps putting in front of his professional career. If he can't get his crap together, ditch him. What makes Richie better than any one of us. If we started jerking off at work, we'd get canned too.

samboraisgodUK 04-03-2013 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danfan (Post 1119245)
No he's not. Richie has some issues that he obviously keeps putting in front of his professional career. If he can't get his crap together, ditch him. What makes Richie better than any one of us. If we started jerking off at work, we'd get canned too.

That's all as maybe, but it's not Bon Jovi without Richie. He is irreplaceable in this band. As someone else said earlier, without Richie it's Jon Bon Jovi & Friends.

RonJovi 04-03-2013 03:36 PM

It's all purely speculation because I still think this is a family emergency or something but...

If this is the end of Richie Sambora in Bon Jovi - what a shit way to go. This band has given us 30 years of amazing music and pleasure and Richie has been integral to that. If that is the case, personally, I'd rather that they called it a day but even if they were to carry on with a new member, I'd rather Richie got a proper send off.

I'll be majorly pissed off if this is the case.

Beaky 04-03-2013 03:38 PM

Anyone subscribing to the whole 'get rid of him' bollocks is a million miles away from me when it comes to the relationship with this band... that, or a troll. It's bad enough when an album doesn't have any Richie on it, but live as well? Do one. If you think that's the way forward, you've never actually got what this band is about, any more than it seems Jon has.

If you f*ck about at work, you get fired, fine.

A) Substance abuse is not f*cking about... so, seeing as you want to play 'real world' for a minute, you fire someone because they come to you and say they need to go into rehab, you might as well hand them a pile of cash before you close the door. Addiction is a disease, whether anyone likes it/believes it or not. You'd be sued to within an inch of your life if you fired someone over that. A 'mutual agreement' on the parting of ways, fine. But as we've all said...

B) We have no idea what this is all about...

danfan 04-03-2013 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beaky (Post 1119248)
Anyone subscribing to the whole 'get rid of him' bollocks is a million miles away from me when it comes to the relationship with this band... that, or a troll. It's bad enough when an album doesn't have any Richie on it, but live as well? Do one. If you think that's the way forward, you've never actually got what this band is about, any more than it seems Jon has.

If you f*ck about at work, you get fired, fine.

A) Substance abuse is not f*cking about... so, seeing as you want to play 'real world' for a minute, you fire someone because they come to you and say they need to go into rehab, you might as well hand them a pile of cash before you close the door. Addiction is a disease, whether anyone likes it/believes it or not. You'd be sued to within an inch of your life if you fired someone over that. A 'mutual agreement' on the parting of ways, fine. But as we've all said...

B) We have no idea what this is all about...

We all know what Bon Jovi is about, and without Richie, it won't be Bon Jovi. However, the fact remains, if it is substance abuse, (I don't buy the whole disease crap), then you're putting that above and beyond all else. You lose your job.

If substance abuse is a disease, how come some can be cured while others can't?