Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   David Bryan's Version of In These Arms (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=44063)

The Northern Cowboy 01-27-2008 06:08 PM

David Bryan's Version of In These Arms

I have a question regarding David's version of In These Arms. I have his Lunar Eclipse album, which has a vocal version of ITA. However, I was wondering if this was already released on On A Full Moon, or if they're different recordings?

Thanks.

milomom 01-27-2008 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Northern Cowboy (Post 800985)
I have a question regarding David's version of In These Arms. I have his Lunar Eclipse album, which has a vocal version of ITA. However, I was wondering if this was already released on On A Full Moon, or if they're different recordings?

Thanks.

The version of In These Arms that's on the On A Full Moon album is an instrumental.

BJdavidLS 01-27-2008 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milomom (Post 800998)
The version of In These Arms that's on the On A Full Moon album is an instrumental.

Not true. They are the same.

Becky 01-27-2008 09:07 PM

It depends on which version of On a Full Moon you have. Mine came from Japan: instrumental. My friend Colleen's came from Canada: vocal. I'm glad I have the Japanese version.

Kathleen 01-27-2008 09:21 PM

I have both versions and I prefer the instrumental also. David's vocals on that song just don't do it justice in my opinion. Maybe because I spent too many years listening to Jon sing it first.

milomom 01-27-2008 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Becky (Post 801016)
It depends on which version of On a Full Moon you have. Mine came from Japan: instrumental. My friend Colleen's came from Canada: vocal. I'm glad I have the Japanese version.

Thanks for the explanation! I listened to the song before I posted, because I couldn't remember for sure. And I KNOW I didn't hear vocals! I thought I was going nuts -- always possible, of course. ;)

The Northern Cowboy 01-27-2008 09:37 PM

Thanks for the replies!! :)

Sambo-Chris 01-27-2008 10:13 PM

I have had (sold it again since I'm not a fan of piano music) the US-version of On a full moon, ordered somewhere in New York at an adress the fanclub gave us back then and it had the vocal version of In these arms.

crashed 01-28-2008 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kathleen (Post 801018)
I have both versions and I prefer the instrumental also. David's vocals on that song just don't do it justice in my opinion. Maybe because I spent too many years listening to Jon sing it first.

Honestly, I think David's vocal version is amazing. I like the way he sings it, it's kinda' haunting. One of my favourite songs whoever the singer is. If I want a more rock version I listen to the KTF one, and if I'm in a more ballady mood I stick On A Full Moon on the stereo.

Johny 01-28-2008 04:26 PM

I'd love to hear David singing ITA live. Jon's today version sucks so that would be a nice change. Yeah, I know, Jon let David sing one or two verses during Bounce and HaND tour but I mean David singing the whole song. David is a great singer.