Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   New Matt tweet (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=69571)

rosa3 07-15-2016 06:01 AM

New Matt tweet

Here is a new tweet from Matt, sort of an update, All new launch of all things Jovi coming soon. New socials new Fan Club New Record new Tour. Things are starting to get busy around here!!

Bounce7800 07-15-2016 12:32 PM

Can't be too far off from a new way of him flouncing off Twitter, saying he's posting no more stuff about Bon Jovi. Probably about a week after the albums out.

bonjovi90 07-15-2016 03:11 PM

Matt shoud either start posting some precise info or really just quite doing it. He barely ever posts something fans wouldn't have known before anyway.

Rdkopper 07-15-2016 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1202560)
Matt shoud either start posting some precise info or really just quite doing it. He barely ever posts something fans wouldn't have known before anyway.

Agree... Useless info

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Becky 07-15-2016 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1202560)

Well, if the reactions here are any indication, why would he post anything? His tweet gets posted and 3 people react to it and all three react with hostility. Why even bother with the Bon Jovi fandom if this is typical of what you get?

bonjovi90 07-15-2016 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Becky (Post 1202562)
Well, if the reactions here are any indication, why would he post anything? His tweet gets posted and 3 people react to it and all three react with hostility. Why even bother with the Bon Jovi fandom if this is typical of what you get?

Because he basically never posts any useful information. It's all stuff like "some great news soon, album rockin'...", but never does he get specific about anything. Consequently many fans don't take him seriously as it seems that he wants to come across as being more important than he really is. If the band truly wants to take advantage of social media channels they need to get their act together and not have Jon's brother post random stuff every now and then.

Captain_jovi 07-15-2016 05:11 PM

Who says he's doing it on the band's behalf? Why can't he just say things like "Things are coming" to raise excitement? Why does everything have to be part of a lined up plan?

I think people fly off the handle about this guy and I'm not sure why he bothers everyone. Yeah he's invested in the band's business, it doesn't mean things aren't ramping up again soon.

bjcrazycpa 07-15-2016 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1202568)
Who says he's doing it on the band's behalf? Why can't he just say things like "Things are coming" to raise excitement? Why does everything have to be part of a lined up plan?

I think people fly off the handle about this guy and I'm not sure why he bothers everyone. Yeah he's invested in the band's business, it doesn't mean things aren't ramping up again soon.

I agree Matt and it's his personal twitter account. So, it's more simple excitement from a personal perspective for his brother and things he's, meaning Matt, involved in vs releasing detailed info on the band's behalf. Not saying that second part shouldn't be done but that's for the label/bonjovi twitter account to do.

Captain_jovi 07-15-2016 08:12 PM

People act like anyone within the organization OWES you information. They don't owe us anything, it's his personal account. No one forces people to follow it or believe it. If you choose not to believe things are ramping up soon, or he doesn't tell you exactly what you need to know then I guess he's not worth following.

rosa3 07-15-2016 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Becky (Post 1202562)

I totally agree! Why even bother? All Matt is trying to do is build excitement, that doesn't mean he has to give the 411 on exactly when things will happen. And from the reaction so far, it seems there is no excitement or worse, no care about the new music here, just a lot of petty whining. Matt is trying to do a nice thing for fans by bringing excitement and curiosity, and all people do here is whine and moan, he has better things to do than spend his time trying to help out the band a little and all u do is just get mad at him, nice gratitude! We should be lucky that Matt is even giving some info!