Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Will Bon Jovi Get a Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction in 2016? (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=69153)

Becky 07-31-2015 01:43 AM

Will Bon Jovi Get a Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction in 2016?

What are your predictions? Will Bon Jovi be nominated and/or inducted into the Hall of Fame this year?

On the one hand, the HOF is a joke and they seem to hate Bon Jovi.

On the other, inducting Bon Jovi is probably the biggest shot they have at publicity this year because having a "reunited Bon Jovi" on stage after the Sambora split would get some coverage. Also they get criticized in the media every year for not inducting Bon Jovi.

crashed 07-31-2015 03:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Becky (Post 1190606)
What are your predictions? Will Bon Jovi be nominated and/or inducted into the Hall of Fame this year?

On the one hand, the HOF is a joke and they seem to hate Bon Jovi.

On the other, inducting Bon Jovi is probably the biggest shot they have at publicity this year because having a "reunited Bon Jovi" on stage after the Sambora split would get some coverage. Also they get criticized in the media every year for not inducting Bon Jovi.

I honestly think it's the one accolade the band might never get.....it'd be really weird they give it AFTER the Richie split.

JackieBlue 07-31-2015 03:11 AM

I'm gonna say no to a nomination this year, but possibly nominated in 2016 for induction in 2017. I think it depends on what happens with the "next" album and tour. (Isn't that what Jon called it?) Although... the good ol' boys have long memories and if they remember Richie calling them a "just a boys' club" or something in Billboard a few years back, they might do it for spite.

I think if they were going to do it just for "reunion" publicity purposes it would have been this year.

Becky 07-31-2015 03:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JackieBlue (Post 1190612)
I think if they were going to do it just for "reunion" publicity purposes it would have been this year.

But at nominating/voting time last year, it wasn't officially official that Richie was out. Now it is. That's why I think the HOF might try to pull a publicity stunt with it at some point, perhaps.

JackieBlue 07-31-2015 03:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Becky (Post 1190614)
But at nominating/voting time last year, it wasn't officially official that Richie was out. Now it is. That's why I think the HOF might try to pull a publicity stunt with it at some point, perhaps.

That's true. And it could happen. I'm sure the Richie-bashers would get a huge kick out of it if it did. But I still think the HOF will probably wait to see how things go without him.

Then again, who knows what Miracle Manager can pull off?

Becky 07-31-2015 04:05 AM

Why would so-called "Richie-bashers" get a kick out if? Why would anyone expect Richie to NOT be there if they ever get inducted?

JackieBlue 07-31-2015 04:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Becky (Post 1190616)
Why would so-called "Richie-bashers" get a kick out if? Why would anyone expect Richie to NOT be there if they ever get inducted?

It's not that they wouldn't expect him to be there. The fact he wasn't in the band when they were nominated would just give them another opportunity to claim that he's obviously not that important to the band. Same way they said nobody would notice if he wasn't on tour because ppl only go to see Jon anyway. Same old BS, but it would just give them another opening to take cheap shots. Just like a few ppl here did with the new releases. Good riddance to bad rubbish, or so it seems. If they're stupid enough to really believe that then all I can say is they must not have been paying attention all these years. JMO.

Becky 07-31-2015 04:55 AM

Well, in case you didn't pick up on it my cynical theory is the only reason the HOF would induct them now is the publicity stunt of getting a "reunited" Bon Jovi on stage and also as a response to the criticism they get every year for NOT inducting them. At this point the HOF just looks stupid given Bon Jovi's longevity and level of success.

JackieBlue 07-31-2015 05:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Becky (Post 1190619)
Well, in case you didn't pick up on it my cynical theory is the only reason the HOF would induct them now is the publicity stunt of getting a "reunited" Bon Jovi on stage and also as a response to the criticism they get every year for NOT inducting them. At this point the HOF just looks stupid given Bon Jovi's longevity and level of success.

Oh yeah, I got what you were saying, and I agree. I used to love watching Eddie Trunk rag on the HOF for their 'sins of omission'. :) But I still think there are those who would see it as a slap in the face to Richie, whether it is or not, and would take great joy in pointing it out.

Bounce7800 07-31-2015 11:02 AM

They won't get nominated. It doesn't matter in any way shape of form. They may get put in many years from now but its meaningless.