Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Challenge!: Obscure Jovi stuff v1.0 (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=69789)

Matrix15 12-01-2016 04:40 PM

Challenge!: Obscure Jovi stuff v1.0

Hi guys, as this is probably one of the largest repositories for Bon Jovi knowledge on the internet I wondered if you could help me find obscure BJ songs, projects, albums that I'd never heard of!

I have a good knowledge of the back catalogue and missing tracks (NJ demos, real life, mona lisa and other bounce outtakes) and some of the stuff Jon helped write but didnt sing: Elvis in vegas, Blood on the bricks.

But is there anything really obscure (but hopefully decent) that the band put out but isn't mentioned a lot or any projects that I might not realised Jon or Richie were involved in?

Over to you guys!

PS - I know about the star wars xmas album too lol

Captain_jovi 12-01-2016 04:59 PM

Hmmm does Jon singing background vocals on Ratt's Heads I win, tails you lose count?

Denmad 12-01-2016 05:01 PM

There's a lot of rare songs...

Let's begin with rare explicit album from the Philadelphia band The Bloody Stools called "Meet The Bloody Stools" released in 1991. It was recorded most likely in 1989. Richie played on guitar and sing backing vocals in most tracks, JBJ backing vocals are not confirmed officialy, but it was widely rumored.

Another album with a huge Bon Jovi contribution is Lance Larson "Songs for the Soldier":

More to come...

Rdkopper 12-01-2016 05:28 PM

Great Topic...

It all depends on how far you want to go... Some of the Video versions are different edits too..

There is a separate topic on here with all the songs listed that Jon sang back-up on... Just do a search...

My goal is to put a master list together that includes EVERYTHING!!! Covers, Demos, Studio Tracks, Alternate Takes, Etc... I want to create my own Bon Jovi Radio...

This site had one going for a while however it was never maintained...

Matrix15 12-01-2016 06:28 PM

I love the Ratt song, so 80s! I had heard of the Lance Larson stuff but no the bloody stools lol.

Yeah, I just got curious to see what was out there I hadnt heard yet.

bonjovi90 12-02-2016 12:02 AM

Alphavictim 12-02-2016 12:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matrix15 (Post 1215660)
But is there anything really obscure (but hopefully decent) that the band put out but isn't mentioned a lot or any projects that I might not realised Jon or Richie were involved in?

The Saints & Sinners album was produced by JBJ & Aldo Nova, and I think they also co-wrote a couple of songs on the album. Hard to find info online.

EDIT: Tough to say what's "obscure". Loverboy's Notorious was co-written by JBJ, RS & DC, and the verses have JBJ's phrasing all over them. He also did backing vocals on the first Cinderella album (Nothing For Nothing I think?). Gorky Park? That Bounce outtake that was covered by a Swedish boy band... what was the song called? Only So Many Goodbyes or something like that?

Captain_jovi 12-02-2016 03:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alphavictim (Post 1215704)
The Saints & Sinners album was produced by JBJ & Aldo Nova, and I think they also co-wrote a couple of songs on the album. Hard to find info online.

EDIT: Tough to say what's "obscure". Loverboy's Notorious was co-written by JBJ, RS & DC, and the verses have JBJ's phrasing all over them. He also did backing vocals on the first Cinderella album (Nothing For Nothing I think?). Gorky Park? That Bounce outtake that was covered by a Swedish boy band... what was the song called? Only So Many Goodbyes or something like that?

Only takes one to say goodbye, decent song!

Becky 12-02-2016 12:12 PM

Do a forum search for a thread called songs for/with other artists. I'm on a mobile device and can't copy and paste any links.

Alphavictim 12-02-2016 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Becky (Post 1215714)
Do a forum search for a thread called songs for/with other artists. I'm on a mobile device and can't copy and paste any links.

There's also this: http://www.drycounty.com/jovitalk/bo...ces-on-t55313/