Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Why won't anyone ask it ? (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=69155)

liljovi93 08-06-2015 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KeepTheFaith2211 (Post 1191140)
Threads like this piss me off to be honest.

I think 90% of people if they met Jon wouldn't dare ask such a question and would tread the line of 'thanks, changed my life, mean so much to me' etc. as someone pointed out previously.

So why rag on people who pay money to go to these events? They can ask whatever they like.

And for the record, Jon is not the only one who says the same things all the time during interviews.

I'd 100% say something like that. But then I'd also ask a question that not many people ask.

One of the best questions I seen asked was at the Dublin Q&A and they asked Jon to play the set list they created. He didn't do all the songs of course, but even he liked the question, knew it was different and spoke a bit about it.

If people go to ask the same questions, fine. From where I'm sat I'd like to see other questions, though. Nothing wrong with that.

Becky 08-07-2015 03:03 AM

It kind of reminds me of that interview Denis Leary did about his character in Sex, Drugs, and Rock and Roll. His character hates Jon because his girlfriend slept with him, but if Jon was ever on the show, he said his character would be kissing his ass. (He was publicly inviting Jon to be on the show.) I imagine most the "big talkers" around here would be the same way if they ever met him.

Kathleen 08-07-2015 03:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Becky (Post 1191211)
It kind of reminds me of that interview Denis Leary did about his character in Sex, Drugs, and Rock and Roll. His character hates Jon because his girlfriend slept with him, but if Jon was ever on the show, he said his character would be kissing his ass. (He was publicly inviting Jon to be on the show.) I imagine most the "big talkers" around here would be the same way if they ever met him.

You're right, but I am a fan not a journalist. I expect the journalists to ask the "hard" questions.
The one and only time I met Jon (and the rest of the band) I thanked him for his music. Trite - yes. But it was about all I could fit in while being shuffled by him. And it came straight from my heart.

Matrix15 08-07-2015 04:12 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 1399

trollino

BMF 08-07-2015 09:41 PM

The times I met him I think I mumbled something (and there was that one time when I went speechless) Honestly, I don't think he'd care if I'd tell him what their music means to me and blah blah...
But if I had the chance to interview him, I would definitely ask him a few things he wouldn't like (not to piss him off, but because I want to know) and tell him how much I hated WAN for example (again, not that he'd care) :p

KeepTheFaith2211 08-11-2015 02:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by efpg0708 (Post 1191157)
Ever tried anger management ?

I haven't. One post explaining my displeasure at the bullshit some people speak doesn't necessarily mean I'm an angry person. 'Just that I think people are talking bullshit.

Astrade 08-16-2015 11:25 PM

Iīve always thought that I meet Jon, the first thing I will ask itīll be "why are you still playing Captain Crush live over and over if everyone hates it?"

KeepTheFaith2211 08-17-2015 12:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Astrade (Post 1192045)
Iīve always thought that I meet Jon, the first thing I will ask itīll be "why are you still playing Captain Crush live over and over if everyone hates it?"

You'll have to define 'everyone' really. Usually if a song doesn't get a reaction they'll drop it pretty fast.

jovifan93 08-18-2015 11:12 AM

Quote:

Actually, I like it quite a bit. It's a fun song and works well live. Keep it!

Walleris 08-18-2015 11:37 AM

Quote:

Because in a European stadium environment in a sea of people it works wonders, minus a few tens or hundreds pretentious die hards. Just like We Got It Goin' On works wonderfully in an in-door arena setting.