Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   No Richie on current leg of the tour (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=55338)

jovifan93 12-11-2013 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sissy3 (Post 1157662)
e

Good to know I didn't just imagine it! I told a friend it was like Jon thought this could possibly be the last tour and figured he better hand them out while he could. :D Just a random, weird thought that floated through my brain.

No, they always gave some away over the years to people very near to the organization, nothing to worry about.

Dave88 12-11-2013 11:49 AM

If I remember correctly the Slippery medallion is given to everyone who took part in 2 consecutive tours, that's why Bergman and Phil got one.

There's a scene in the WWWB documentary I think, where Jon is giving them away before the last show of the tour.

DestinationJovi 12-11-2013 01:28 PM

@TheRealPhilX: I'd like to thank everyone for congratulating me on receiving the Superman/SWW pendant last night.
I was & continue to be really moved.

Superman? :rolleyes:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sissy3 (Post 1157652)
I read on Facebook earlier, the photographer guy got one, too. Strangely, that particular link is currently unavailable. hmmmm Maybe Jon didn't mean to give him one. ;)

Phil deleted the pic of his too. Maybe they were told not to post pics of them.

Beaky 12-11-2013 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DestinationJovi (Post 1157686)
@TheRealPhilX: I'd like to thank everyone for congratulating me on receiving the Superman/SWW pendant last night.
I was & continue to be really moved.

Superman? :rolleyes:

Yep... the 'Slippery' double S's are in the same surround as the 'S' in the Superman logo, by design. So Phil is spot on.

Sissy3 12-11-2013 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave88 (Post 1157676)
If I remember correctly the Slippery medallion is given to everyone who took part in 2 consecutive tours, that's why Bergman and Phil got one.

There's a scene in the WWWB documentary I think, where Jon is giving them away before the last show of the tour.

That would make more sense, for some reason I had 5 tours/years as the number.

crashed 12-11-2013 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sissy3 (Post 1157691)
That would make more sense, for some reason I had 5 tours/years as the number.

Yeah, it's if they've been with the band for two full tours. Phil technically maybe one and a quarter tours but he deserves it for answering the batphone...twice.

rocknation 12-11-2013 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave88 (Post 1157676)

He also gave Tico got a purple heart, Rich Scanella a Bon Jovi.com store gift certificate, and Richie a lump of coal.

jovifan93 12-11-2013 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rocknation (Post 1157702)
He also gave Tico got a purple heart, Rich Scanella a Bon Jovi.com store gift certificate, and Richie a lump of coal.

Why not a pile of fabric? Doesn't he endorse his newest hobby? :-D

rocknation 12-11-2013 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rocknation http://www.drycounty.com/jovitalk/im...s/viewpost.gif
(Jon) also gave Tico got a purple heart, Rich Scanella a Bon Jovi.com store gift certificate, and Richie a lump of coal.
Quote:

Originally Posted by jovifan93 (Post 1157703)
Why not a pile of fabric? Doesn't he endorse his newest hobby? :-D

Sorry, but in America, bad boys get lumps of coal for Christmas. And on second thought, no Christmas present for Tico because he got it for his birthday in October -- he got to actually HAVE his birthday in October! :grin:

jovifan93 12-11-2013 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rocknation (Post 1157704)
Sorry, but in America, bad boys get lumps of coal for Christmas. And on second thought, no Christmas present for Tico because he got it for his birthday in October -- he got to actually HAVE his birthday in October! :grin:

Ok, that's fitting, didn't know that :-)